reni matuia in trouble now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Haztrick

Hilarious :rolleyes:

But the fact still remains, Maitua is one of our star players. All he needs is a damn good taking too, a damn good warning and a fine.

T

TdoggBulldog

ok just so you all would know

he was on myspace instead of at training

K

kennyy

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

'before u act on the word pls consider the source' no-one ever told u this aad?

T

TdoggBulldog

aye, dont discredit bebo, rodney masons number 3 friend told me he is coming to the bulldogs!
rodneys number one friend told me that i was too cool for school

or maybe she was talking about her big bro coz he was in the pic with me too

lol

W

Willie Talau'd

But the fact still remains, Maitua is one of our star players. All he needs is a damn good taking too, a damn good warning that no further and a fine.
Did I say sack him?
He has already had a few of those stern talkings.
I doubt a fine and stern talking will help with his chain of thinking on a saturday night :whacky:

riomhach

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Why don't we all just wait and see what else there is to the story.

Is he still injured? Was he required to be at training or is the DT just making up crap?

There's no need to call for any sackings at the moment or else the DT will get what they want and before we know it, this all blown out of proportion.

Let's just wait and see what else comes from this.

F R 3 D 5 7 A

√ [ό] √
Reaction score
People here are missing the point. The point is not this one incident. Obviously you would'nt sack a player for missing ONE session. It is an accumulation of indiscretions. It is the obvious disrespect Matuai has shown towards the club for a prolonged period of time.

De ja vu

yadav

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

But the fact still remains, Maitua is one of our star players. All he needs is a damn good taking too, a damn good warning and a fine.
Its that attitude that made Willie Mason the complete **** that he is today. Special 'superstar' treatment and no attempt to actually discipline him for 10 years.

You would be surprised how much better off your club would be if they punted the idiots, as repeatedly giving them warnings and fines only makes them think that they are untouchable. How many off field incidents is that for Reni Maitua now. Many clubs would have sacked him ages ago. Whereas the dogs will give him yet another warning and fine.

Then they will act surprised when it all blows up like the Willie Mason thing.

F R 3 D 5 7 A

√ [ό] √
Reaction score
Its that attitude that made Willie Mason the complete **** that he is today. Special 'superstar' treatment and no attempt to actually discipline him for 10 years.

You would be surprised how much better off your club would be if they punted the idiots, as repeatedly giving them warnings and fines only makes them think that they are untouchable. How many off field incidents is that for Reni Maitua now. Many clubs would have sacked him ages ago. Whereas the dogs will give him yet another warning and fine.

Then they will act surprised when it all blows up like the Willie Mason thing.
Exactly. When is enough enough? How many "warnings" and "fines" must one give in order to change the behaviour of player?

These players are role models. They are old and ugly enough to take it upon themselves to take corrective action in their behaviour and attitude.

If the whole Mason saga didn't sink into Matuai's head the seriousness of fulfilling club obligations, then he is obviously very dumb and/or lacks respect for the club and management.

The club must also take some responsibilty in the player dramas also. They have allowed this sort of behaviour to continue for a long time. They have given preferential treatment to "star" players. Then when the club one day decides to "get serious" and issue a monster fine, or threaten to tear up the contract, the player revolts and the whole issue becomes sensationalised both within the club and in the public domain.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
I spoke to Morrin and Cleal today as they came to our school, both professionals and handed themselves very well. Cleal told me as far as he knows Maitua is happy at the dogs and will be staying put, not that they talk about that kind of stuff at training put he told me he is fairly sure Maitua won't be going anywhere so i am taking his word for it.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I've skipped through to the end of this thread so somebody has already probably said exactly the same thing but, Maitua is a senior player now and should be setting an example for the youngsters at the club. If he didn't call in with an excuse then he should face some form of discipline and i would go even further to say that the club should give all the players a letter about discipline.

Miss training once and it gets a warning, twice leads to a fine, third time gets a bigger fine and a fourth time will see you sit out some rounds of football or something along those lines.

At this stage i don't think it is a huge issue though since the season hasn't even started yet. If the problem of him missing training becomes a regular thing then i say by all means sack him and spend the money on a player who will demonstrate that they are willing to do what the club asks for the fantastic pay packets they get.

D

DoggyStylz

Anyone get the feeling his doin a willie and wants out?

bored

i
Reaction score
i heard that on fox sports.
they said it was a conspiracy theory that some people believe but honestly i dont think its that.
its just reni partying hard then getting into trouble...tell me something new.

naazie

Waterboy
Reaction score
ME!

i mean we've seen him in the rabbits gear...what more is there to say?

honestly this whole thing is so draining...im just sick of ignorant players who dont give a toss about what they get paid to do. This isnt the first time and the bloke should be setting a GOOD example for younger players not only at the dogs but in league in general. He is a role model whether he likes it or not and he sould start acting like one.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We cant just sack players after each stuff up lol, we will have no team.
Its gotta be consistent, because in reality SBW has also stuffed up a few times.

Not a trully BIG deal, people make mistakes, he might learn from it and not do it again, time will tell.

D

DoggyStylz

i reckon this is the start of the end for reni @ the dogs....

Status
Not open for further replies.