reni matuia in trouble now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

-313-

good point i agree there

i dont think missing training is the way to go andhe should be punished by that

but imo reni is an awsome player and we all know wat he can do i wouldnt want themto rip up his contract i think thatis goin too far
It's opinions like this that hurt us.. Where do we draw the line? Why is it alright form him to miss trasining. Is he better than everybody else?

RickChristian

New Pup
Reaction score
Its quite funny i said to some rival supporters yesterday its good we havent been in the papers for a week than i wake up this morning get the paper and guess whose on the back page. We need to have the same tolerance as the broncos you shame our club u get given the ass !

bdogfan

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
i have changed my tune and opinion completely...

Reni can't train because he is having his foot operated on.

Nothing much will happen because folkesy is well aware of the problem. It is just the telegraph going after us again. Next they will go after SBW....

If he can't run there is no point in him being at a 7 am training session. He won't be back until the season has already begun unless his recovery speeds up. He may be reprimanded for bneing Drunk and Disorderly.

Just because Willie is gone doesn't mean they will leave us alone for more than 24 hours. We are the walking back page, and sadly that is the way it will always be.

I apologise for being quick to comment

Dogged11

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Its quite funny i said to some rival supporters yesterday its good we havent been in the papers for a week than i wake up this morning get the paper and guess whose on the back page. We need to have the same tolerance as the broncos you shame our club u get given the ass !

FFS, put things into perspective.
The broncos released there 2 players for a serious assault charge. Reni has missed a training session.
Does missing a training session warrant sacking? No.

Reni is guilty of being a serious repeat offender,if the club has decided to draw a line in the sand and say enough is enough then reni would be on his last chance before facing massive fines and then sacking for his ongoing misdemeanours.

Bulldogs_Mania

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's opinions like this that hurt us.. Where do we draw the line? Why is it alright form him to miss trasining. Is he better than everybody else?
i didnt say he should miss training if u read wat i said probably u would know that i saidthat he should be punished becuase missing training is a no go

but i dont think that his contract should be torn up now that is just too harsh imo for missing training but im sure the clubwillgive him the right punishment that they think is suitable

Billy_Nicholas

Waterboy
Reaction score
sacking a player for not turning up for training are you serious. They will fine him slap him on the wrist like always and tell him not to do it again

steve_mortimer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Exactly..and he has a record of past indescretions. So when he pulls this stunt again in 3 months what do we say then?

Any fan who finds this attitude from players acceptable should hang their head in shame.

Billy_Nicholas

Waterboy
Reaction score
to me its not the players the club is letting them get away with murder all the time

Bulldogs_Mania

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly..and he has a record of past indescretions. So when he pulls this stunt again in 3 months what do we say then?

Any fan who finds this attitude from players acceptable should hang their head in shame.
i wish u guys would read posts properly before replying i never said it was ok to miss training all i said was that his contract shouldnt be taken away for it and i also said that he should be punished

ThatsNikkisTeam

Reaction score
tbh i was suprised there was not a article about willie mason hi-5ing people or something about willie in the paper.... Everyone knows the telec*ap is full of sh*t i would not read into it too much unless the club releases something throguh their website or something...

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Amazed at some of the reactions to this. Ranging from sack him to its a conspiracy so he can play elsewhere. All those responses are wrong.

He missed training, he will be punished. He is not the first person to miss training, just the press trying to keep the sh!t stirred at the club. SBW shags scrubbers in dunnies, gets caught pssing in public, and various other bender related stuff in the past, and not one person says sack him.

You cant have rules for the players you like more, and different rules for players you dislike or are indifferent about. If you sack Maitua for this you have to sack SBW too for what hes done before.

This is barely news. Footballer gets drunk, misses training. Probably a weekly event if you include all clubs.

You gotta love the press too. He was seen stopping traffic in Kings X they say. He was probably on a pedestrian crossing.

You never chucked a sickie coz you were under the weather from hitting the grog?

I say....big deal. Punish him, move on..

PigBenis

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
this should be his last chance before a sacking. look at the broncos they sacked
Neville Costigan for repeat offences. reni matuia needs to HTFU he's geting lots of money to wake up 7am to play with his team mate who some are getting payd less then him. htfu

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sacking someone for missing training is ridiculous. Yes, he needs to be counseled or something and I know this is his second or third time missing training, as well as the drink driving, but if they didn't sack him for the DUI, they won't sack him for missing training.

He needs to be told straight out, this is it. You have stuffed up in the past, no more.
Mate pull your head in. If i plain didnt rock up for work, or rocked up late and drunk my ass would be in a sling, as would most people on here. This isnt fairy land, this is the big world.

Ron Burgendy

Waterboy
Reaction score
i heard reni is going to ask folkse for a release. read into it what you like..

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Amazed at some of the reactions to this. Ranging from sack him to its a conspiracy so he can play elsewhere. All those responses are wrong.

He missed training, he will be punished. He is not the first person to miss training, just the press trying to keep the sh!t stirred at the club. SBW shags scrubbers in dunnies, gets caught pssing in public, and various other bender related stuff in the past, and not one person says sack him.

You cant have rules for the players you like more, and different rules for players you dislike or are indifferent about. If you sack Maitua for this you have to sack SBW too for what hes done before.

This is barely news. Footballer gets drunk, misses training. Probably a weekly event if you include all clubs.

You gotta love the press too. He was seen stopping traffic in Kings X they say. He was probably on a pedestrian crossing.

You never chucked a sickie coz you were under the weather from hitting the grog?

I say....big deal. Punish him, move on..
See now your comparing apples and oranges.

When Sonny got caught in the toilets with Candice, was he meant to be at training at that time? Was he in "work hours".. no he wasnt. They cant sack him for that. If Sonny was in the toilets with that chick while he was supposed to be at training, then thats a different story.

Reni was meant to be at work by a certain time, and didnt show up because he was drunk / hungover. Not showing up for work is a sackable offence, and I myself had to fire a woman 2 years ao for that very tning. If she was a model employee I might have been a bit easier on here, but she wasnt, and neither is Reni.

Its this attitude of "big deal" from the clubs administrators and supporters that have the Bulldogs in the position they are now. A business is only as good as its employees

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
i always get a vibe that reni doesnt enjoy being at the bulldogs no more.. especially now that mason is gone

T

TdoggBulldog

ok look, it happens to the best of us

big weekend out.. get too drunk or high, comedown too bad and simply cant make it to school or work the next day.

reni simply was too ****ed up to even ring the club and probably didn't get home until 8am anyway.

Malla

Reaction score
Reni is a big boy. Leave him alone lol

Status
Not open for further replies.