reni maitua

Status
Not open for further replies.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Apart from his miscalculation of the tackle count when he first came on, I thought Rene played with a lot of heart.

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
how is his fitness? can he complete 80 minutes?

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
An injury free reni should be in the 17 regardless of whos available. His fitness is first class and at the very least should play the utility role in our side.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Didn't he play 80 all last year?
i cant remember but i think against the roosters he had a short stint in the forwards and looked tired, im not sure how he was playing a whole half i turned it off

Symm

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Thread should be renamed 'Reni Mature'.

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
wouldnt expect anymore from parra fans they were all jizzing in their pants cause they beat us for the first time in 4 years, i told when we left the game they still hold the wooden spoon and havent achieved anything

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think he went really well but as a back rower which of

Eastwood
Tony Williams
Jackson
Finucuine

Do you drop? Others are props or does des run with less props and more back rowers?
Well at the moment, we are carrying 3 props on the bench. I'd drop Browne.

But yes, Maitua deserves to be in grade. Agree 100%

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Well at the moment, we are carrying 3 props on the bench. I'd drop Browne.

But yes, Maitua deserves to be in grade. Agree 100%
O'Hanlon has been playing second row, hasn't played prop in over 1 year and Klemmer is injured meaning that Browne is the only prop we have on the bench right now until Tolman comes back but when Tolman is back I'd say O'Hanlon could give way for Maitua.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
O'Hanlon has been playing second row, hasn't played prop in over 1 year and Klemmer is injured meaning that Browne is the only prop we have on the bench right now until Tolman comes back but when Tolman is back I'd say O'Hanlon could give way for Maitua.
Yep, spot on I agree. IMO, O'Hanlon is only useful when he playing alongside an effective forward pack going forward (e.g. the Sharks game). He plays of the back on other forwards.

Maitua, on the other hand, has the ability to create things by himself. He is also much more experienced that O'Hanlon (was actually his captain last year).

In the situation we have at the moment, Maitua would be a better choice.

That's if we should put him in second row. There are positions all over the park calling out for someone to step up at the moment.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Agree that Reni was good when he finally got on field, at least he ran straight and offered something to the team unlike others. Love the guy to bits, always have and there can be no questioning his commitment to the club. Des puzzles me with his team selections; why pick the guy as a starting five eighth and leave him sitting on the bike until late in the game. This meant he had to switch several players starting positions and in my books Ennis is not a half back. Had some Parra idiots sitting behind us ( a lot of them not showing their team colours too because it was smack bang in the middle of our season ticket holders) yelling at Reni to " quit having a depressive sook" and " go take some anti depressants". After speaking to Reni at the fan day and seeing the interview on last weeks footy show felt like telling them to pull their heads in only I would not have been nice about it and there were kids about. Depression is not a joke. The comments upset quite a few people, I know it is only words but not good form.
Wow spot on dogluva. Great post. Reni was out to prove something against the team that dumped him last year. Pity Des didnt see that and play him from the start. WTF Des????You really gotta wonder sometimes. I hope Reni can keep up that form against other teams. He definitely looks keen to roll up the sleeves. To the younger players out there... the Lafais, Drury Lowes, Thompsons...look to follow Reni...back him up...hes a special creative player. Someone who can create something from nothing. Dont let that half chance be squandered. Heres a man whos played for Australia and looks keen to prove hes not ready hang up his boots just yet...Id say hes only on a 1 year deal with us this year...so the desire to secure another year will keep him eager to prove his value.

Looking forward to his input against Canberra. If grub cant back up after origin Reni straight to 5/8.

Status
Not open for further replies.