Reni Cent - In Da Club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'll reserve judgement until the full facts are released.

I will say however that I haven't got full faith in Reni doing the right thing. This is his chance to prove me wrong.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This is starting to look pretty bad...
Yes considering they have said it is pending the outcome of the NRL Integrity unit investigation. Shattered my faith in him if the worst transpires.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Why is Lafai not named either?
Oh s*it, didn't see that. You are correct he is in the squad, but not named, but then the exclusions were on the basis of the Integrity unit . Tim is all good, not a d*ckhead.

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh s*it, didn't see that. You are correct he is in the squad, but not named, but then the exclusions were on the basis of the Integrity unit . Tim is all good, not a d*ckhead.
Most on here would have said the same about maitua though... And good people make mistakes all the time. I am hoping and all indications are that he is all in the clear. But stranger things have happened. Quite a few nervous people at the club I imagine. We can easily cover for maitua who was only getting a run due to injury, but if Lafai was in trouble... That would be a massive loss.

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was a bouncer for the last 15 years, seen many players, some were decent, some were real ****s.

Biggest **** I met would have to be Fitler.
I've done some work around Brisbane and had the pleasure of Brad and he was nothing but a great drunk. Then again it wasn't in his backyard. Some of the Broncos in years gone by have been utter ****wits.

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I read somewhere that Lafai is getting married this weekend and is absent due to that? Could have been rubbish.

chadiwrx

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Reni Maitua’s contract with Canterbury is in danger of being torn up after nightclub

RENI Maitua’s contract with Canterbury is in danger of being torn up as the NRL investigates his role in a wild brawl outside Brisbane nightclub Hot Gossip.

The 32-year-old Canterbury forward, who has battled depression, was omitted from Samoa’s Four Nations team on Tuesday along with North Queensland Cowboys centre Tautau Moga and Wests Tigers backrower Sauaso Sue.

Moga was arrested for public nuisance following a brawl on Sunday morning in Fortitude Valley.

Police had to use capsicum spray to diffuse the brawl which involved several Samoan players and members of the public.

Eight men were charged over the incident, including a 32-year-old NSW man who faces charges of obstructing police and assault.

Police and the NRL would not say if that 32-year-old man is Maitua.

Samoa’s team announcement confirmed the three NRL players were involved in the brawl and were effectively suspended for their clash against England on Saturday night because of it.

“Please note that Reni Maitua, Tautau Moga and Sauaso Sue were not considered for selection for the match against England pending finalisation of an NRL Integrity Unit review of an incident in Brisbane over the weekend,” a statement read.

Maitua was set to be sacked from the Bulldogs late in 2013 after being charged with assault following an alcohol-driven exchange with a taxi driver.

The assault charge came during a traumatic time for Maitua who attempted suicide last year but was saved by former Queensland centre Willie Tonga.

Following the assault allegation, Bulldogs officials made Maitua agree to a stringent set of behavioural guidelines in his contract.

The NRL integrity unit and the Bulldogs could find those guidelines were breached on Sunday morning.

Canterbury chief executive Raelene Castle declined to comment to The Courier-Mail because of the NRL’s investigations.

The Samoan team was special guests at Hot Gossip for a VIP night during which fans were invited to meet them.

The NRL is still investigating the matter but has decided to stand the three players down from the Samoan team until they finish their investigation.

“Our inquiry is ongoing,” an NRL spokesman said.

Source

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
If he has done it, he's a bloody idiot, and honestly I'd be very disappointed.

BUT it would free up more cap space for someone who truly deserves a spot and respects our club (rather than drag its name into the media for the wrong reasons). Again if he has done it.

So if Moga was charged with being a public nuisance, who was more involved? and why haven't they named what Sue was charged with.

Likewise, what punishment will all 3 have? Tigers need Sue and Cowboys need Moga.

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he has done it, he's a bloody idiot, and honestly I'd be very disappointed.

BUT it would free up more cap space for someone who truly deserves a spot and respects our club (rather than drag its name into the media for the wrong reasons). Again if he has done it.

So if Moga was charged with being a public nuisance, who was more involved? and why haven't they named what Sue was charged with.

Likewise, what punishment will all 3 have? Tigers need Sue and Cowboys need Moga.
Assuming things are as reported. Sue and Moga will survive, get a warning. Maitua is done as a bulldog and probably as an NRL player. 32 year old fringe first graders following multiple chances don't get away with anything.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Well he's on a good behaviour bond for the taxi driver assault.

http://www.findlaw.com.au/articles/4296/good-behaviour-bonds-explained.aspx

What happens if a bond is breached?

When a good behaviour bond is breached, the prosecution must prove both the original conviction, as well as the additional breach of the bond. A decision to take no action may be taken by the court, or an order requiring a person to perform community service, or participate in a drug rehabilitation program may also be options that a court pursues.

It should be noted that a magistrate can revoke a good behaviour bond and send a person to a term of imprisonment.

Moey999

Pitbull
Reaction score
Well he's on a good behaviour bond for the taxi driver assault.
From what I understand, in simpler terms, it's basically a dismissal of any charges as a suspended sentence. If he ends up in court again for anything the court has the right to resentence him on that case, and therefore be less lenient on him.

I'm currently serving one of these for driving whilst having a suspended license.

matthew

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Why the hell would they have a come and meet the Players at a night club , dumb management , should of been at a shopping mall or a local footy club or park.

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
Oh boy , like James Hetfield said - turn the page

N

Natboy

God help him after footy. He needs to wake up to himself fast as I fear he could become another Ryan Tandy

Status
Not open for further replies.