Opinion Remis Smith @ center

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate, interested to hear what your best 17 would look like?
I would pick and stick with this
1 hoppa
2 dallin
3 harper
4 holland but needs replacing next off season
5 smith
6 averillo
7 wakeham
The forwards pick themselves at moment
Need a good hooker and lock badly. Also only one ball playing backrower in the whole club is a concern, especially when hes suspended.
Yes the halves are young and probably out of there depth at time being. But they have more upside than lewis imo.
So play them in a lost season and get some 1st grade up there guts.
Not getting api k was a big fuckup.

If u watch parra from 97 to 2002, pay is coaching our team the same, them days are gone.
Our team really needs balancing better.
We have 2 good wingers, problem is there both out of position again.....

How the coach cannot see this is a huge worry to me.
Pay quoted if we had 5 more dallins we would kill it, so a backline with no **** that can pass, thats handy.
To me it all boils down too, lyn is a weak boss, and pay is a weak coach. No hatred towards either of them there just out of there depths.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Just my personal opinion but when Pay mentioned he wants 5 more DWZ’s he is talking about the work ethic and enthusiasm. It’s infectious and makes others around him play harder.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Just my personal opinion but when Pay mentioned he wants 5 more DWZ’s he is talking about the work ethic and enthusiasm. It’s infectious and makes others around him play harder.
I agree but we do need some top talent and X factor. Some in the spine, some in the backs (if we're to lose CHN and/or Elliott we're going to need some in the forwards too). We have about two tries in us a game. I'm not sure how much more we can improve in defence and attitude (I think it's already very good).

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree but we do need some top talent and X factor. Some in the spine, some in the backs (if we're to lose CHN and/or Elliott we're going to need some in the forwards too). We have about two tries in us a game. I'm not sure how much more we can improve in defence and attitude (I think it's already very good).
Yeh if it were my choice I’d go with an X factor hooker and we tried to get one Api, Harry Grant, Wakeham looks like he has a lot of footy in him and Averillo is also a potential answer at 6.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Couple of poor decisions in defense leading to Cowboys tries not even 20 minutes in.

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
So far he has shown nothing in attack or defense as a centre

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So far he has shown nothing in attack or defense as a centre
Didn’t show more than average as a winger either. Bloke is average. He’s got below average acceleration, below average strength, below average IQ. How many more games does the kid get? Wel he’s not a kid actually.. same age as Tommy turbo and Latrell Mitchell. Just 5% the talent

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn’t show more than average as a winger either. Bloke is average. He’s got below average acceleration, below average strength, below average IQ. How many more games does the kid get? Wel he’s not a kid actually.. same age as Tommy turbo and Latrell Mitchell. Just 5% the talent
The kid is quick as hell... Not a centre tho. He'd be a better fullback in my opinion. He getsbabsolutemy no quality ball as well. He's being wasted by Pay. Pay hasn't got a clue. Stick back on the wing it give him a go at fullback where he's got some space to use his speed

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The kid is quick as hell... Not a centre tho. He'd be a better fullback in my opinion. He getsbabsolutemy no quality ball as well. He's being wasted by Pay. Pay hasn't got a clue. Stick back on the wing it give him a go at fullback where he's got some space to use his speed
How is he quick mate... he can never beat his man 1 on 1

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Have a look at some of the tries he's scored. Bloke is one of the fastest in the comp
Hes so fast he gets blown past like he’s standing still in defence. He never beats his man. Does he have anything other than this imaginary pace?

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’s quick in open space but he’s not footy quick. No footwork, looks disinterest and doesn’t have a footy brain. He’s a bog stock winger. But he doesn’t deserve a wing spot over Meaney imo. That kid is all heart and punches above his weight

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’s quick in open space but he’s not footy quick. No footwork, looks disinterest and doesn’t have a footy brain. He’s a bog stock winger. But he doesn’t deserve a wing spot over Meaney imo. That kid is all heart and punches above his weight
Meaney doesn't have it. No x factor at all

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
why doesn't anyone at our club go to fiji for a winger?

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Have a look at some of the tries he's scored. Bloke is one of the fastest in the comp

This is true but his acceleration to top speed is bad, can barley make a line break because his acceleration is too slow

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Meaney doesn't have it. No x factor at all
Haha bullshit mate we don't score our first try if it's not for Meaney. When the kids in space watch his footwork and the way he positions the ball in his hands. He's got more between the ears than alot of our players. Also he's always played fullback and I'd say he's done a stand up job filling in on the wing so a winger who thinks he's a fullback can continually knock on and do nothing but run hard.