Remember when... against Brisbane Broncos

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Thanks for posting Wahesh.

I was at that game with a mate.

It was back in the day when people were allowed to travel more that 5km and go to places where there were other people.

It was also when the Dogs were still a pretty good footy side.

We were sitting not too far from where Big Kas scored the try where he just jumped over the top of the defenders. It looked pretty spectacular from such a big man.

Cheers, RookieDog
Mate that was one of Kasiano's best ever tries. He couldn't get through them (which was rare) so he went right over the top of them instead. Too big, too strong, too much for the defenders.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Deep into winter, 2016. It was a dark and cold Saturday night. The Bulldogs were coming up against grand finalists from the previous year, the Brisbane Broncos. The Broncos had a whole heap of stars, including Darius Boyd, speed machines James Roberts, Anthony Milford, and veteran goal kicker Corey Parker. The Bulldogs had a fairly solid team, including the return of Josh Morris from injury in number 23, but went into the match as the underdogs.

The game got off to a fairly slow start with the scores close at halftime, the Bulldogs leading by 8 points, 12-4, thanks to a try from Sam Kasiano just before the break.

The second half was a totally different story. The Broncos got some more points on the board thanks to runaway tries from speed machines James Roberts and Anthony Milford, however the Bulldogs were just too big, too strong, and ruthless.

Andrew Voss put it perfectly towards the end - "It's just not fair" - and boy was he right.

Remember when... against Manly Sea Eagles
I have always hated the Broncos.

I flew up Sydney to Brisbane for the Round 23 game Dogs v Broncos on our march to the 2004 premiership.

It was a bit close at first and I was by myself in a crowd full of red neck muther fu**er Broncos supporters.

I was pretty quiet to start off.

By the end I couldn't help myself and had plenty to say. I was copping it from all the rednecks but I didn't care as Dogs 46 absolutely smashed Brisbane 18. Those red neck c**nts weren't happy with the game or with me.

I was happy I made that trip to Brisbane. Fond memory that's for sure.

ROUND 23 - SUNDAY 15TH AUGUST

FULL TIME Brisbane 18 Bulldogs 46

home Team
Broncos
Scored 18 points

away Team
Bulldogs
Scored 46 points