Remember when... against Brisbane Broncos

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Deep into winter, 2016. It was a dark and cold Saturday night. The Bulldogs were coming up against grand finalists from the previous year, the Brisbane Broncos. The Broncos had a whole heap of stars, including Darius Boyd, speed machines James Roberts, Anthony Milford, and veteran goal kicker Corey Parker. The Bulldogs had a fairly solid team, including the return of Josh Morris from injury in number 23, but went into the match as the underdogs.

The game got off to a fairly slow start with the scores close at halftime, the Bulldogs leading by 8 points, 12-4, thanks to a try from Sam Kasiano just before the break.

The second half was a totally different story. The Broncos got some more points on the board thanks to runaway tries from speed machines James Roberts and Anthony Milford, however the Bulldogs were just too big, too strong, and ruthless.

Andrew Voss put it perfectly towards the end - "It's just not fair" - and boy was he right.

Remember when... against Manly Sea Eagles

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Love watching these clips to remenber that we actually could score tries, not drop sitters, had great defence and some of the best and uniquely talented players like Kasiano.

Where did it all go wrong.

There's hope at least now for next year but its 2-3 years off yet.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Looking back at these clips/highlights.. makes you realise how much of a force we were, exciting to watch, every game was there to be won,very talented and skilful,with the right players in correct positions to win games.

will happen again, our time is getting closer. has to be.!!!

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't know what will become of my heart when we eventually play games where we are a chance of winning rather than turning on to watch them knowing we are no chance. I think the shock may kill some Doggies supporters.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
now I noticed something I have not seen in many years.
Jimmy the jet makes the break too score.
there is 3 Dogs players chasing him to the line.
these days the players just turn and put thier hands on there hips watching as the opposition runs pastbour fullback to score

Wahesh

Reaction score
now I noticed something I have not seen in many years.
Jimmy the jet makes the break too score.
there is 3 Dogs players chasing him to the line.
these days the players just turn and put thier hands on there hips watching as the opposition runs pastbour fullback to score
I remember when Jimmy was the fastest in the game in those days. These days I don't even think he's in the top 10.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good game was when Anasta potted a field goal to win us the game at Suncorp some 20 years ago now... Anyone remember that one?

Apercots

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
man I used to love watching Rona play for us

bringing him over was one good thing that old recruitment team did

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

How about this against a full strength Brisbane at Suncorp, the display of dominance was next level

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ill have a look for it... I remember vaguely we were the only team to beat the Broncos in Brisbane that year or something like that.

Wahesh

Reaction score

How about this against a full strength Brisbane at Suncorp, the display of dominance was next level
Sadly, that was Dennis Scott's last game for us.

We beat them earlier in the year as well 25-18. Brisbane lead in that game 18 - 6 at one stage. Sherwin got a field goal and that was it from there.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Ill have a look for it... I remember vaguely we were the only team to beat the Broncos in Brisbane that year or something like that.
I think I remember the game. Scott prince broke his leg off a Steve price charge down.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Deep into winter, 2016. It was a dark and cold Saturday night. The Bulldogs were coming up against grand finalists from the previous year, the Brisbane Broncos. The Broncos had a whole heap of stars, including Darius Boyd, speed machines James Roberts, Anthony Milford, and veteran goal kicker Corey Parker. The Bulldogs had a fairly solid team, including the return of Josh Morris from injury in number 23, but went into the match as the underdogs.

The game got off to a fairly slow start with the scores close at halftime, the Bulldogs leading by 8 points, 12-4, thanks to a try from Sam Kasiano just before the break.

The second half was a totally different story. The Broncos got some more points on the board thanks to runaway tries from speed machines James Roberts and Anthony Milford, however the Bulldogs were just too big, too strong, and ruthless.

Andrew Voss put it perfectly towards the end - "It's just not fair" - and boy was he right.

Remember when... against Manly Sea Eagles
Thanks for posting Wahesh.

I was at that game with a mate.

It was back in the day when people were allowed to travel more that 5km and go to places where there were other people.

It was also when the Dogs were still a pretty good footy side.

We were sitting not too far from where Big Kas scored the try where he just jumped over the top of the defenders. It looked pretty spectacular from such a big man.

Cheers, RookieDog

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think I remember the game. Scott prince broke his leg off a Steve price charge down.

Ooo yes!

After some detective work you my friend are on the money... Somebody has a great memory hey... hey..

Some cracker games that year... I remember that Parra v Dogs game on Friday was an absolute ripper! The Dymock off the floor pass, Feeney charge down try and Tricky Trindall taken out on a kick chase followed by some rioting. Lol love ma league!

Oh and the score was 30-37.

Last edited:

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Ooo yes!

After some detective work you my friend are on the money... Somebody has a great memory hey... hey..

Some cracker games that year... I remember that Parra v Dogs game on Friday was an absolute ripper! The Dymock off the floor pass and Tricky Trindall taken out on a kick chase followed by some rioting. Lol love ma league!

Oh and the score was 30-37.
Was a cracker…footy back then was a much better product

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Haha forgot about that kasiano try. That Broncos chip and chase was amazing too.
Funny how we thought we had an average year that year and players like Trex and Moses were over rated and yet I’d kill to see any of our donkeys this year do what they did in that game.

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sadly, that was Dennis Scott's last game for us.

We beat them earlier in the year as well 25-18. Brisbane lead in that game 18 - 6 at one stage. Sherwin got a field goal and that was it from there.
Ah mate ! I thought the
25-18 game was the one I posted !! That was a brilliant game wow