remember when _ _ _ _ fill in the blank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
lol I used to wear it and be proud. Now walking around Brisbane I just cope shit left right and centre. Fuck you Des
Haha I really don't care what people say that much. It's more about me not wanting to wear anything with any branding that supports our current administration I guess. I don't feel like the club is really the bulldogs any more so the hoodie which is only a few years old just doesn't feel authentic.

Jokes aside I do still wear it on occasion though. It was a gift from ny grandma. But I'm definitely less inclined to wear it in public because it feels like an endorsement if the current shit that's being served up.

Can completely understand you not wanting to wear it in public in Brisbane though haha. The fans are pretty damn obsessive there so I guess dogs fans in the area would be copping a barrage lately.

Last edited:

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Haha I really don't care what people say that much. It's more about me not wanting to wear anything with any branding that supports our current administration I guess. I don't feel like the club is really the bulldogs any more so the hoodie which is only a few years old just doesn't feel authentic.

Jokes aside I do still wear it on occasion though. It was a gift from ny grandma. But I'm definitely less inclined to wear it in public because it feels like an endorsement if the current shit that's being served up.

Can completely understand you not wanting to wear it in public in Brisbane though haha. The fans are pretty damn obsessive there so I guess fogs fans in the area would be copping a barrage lately.
Agree completely. Its a combination really of copping shit from the public because we are doing so badly and not wanting to endorse the current administration as well. It really does feel cheap now

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score

Can completely understand you not wanting to wear it in public in Brisbane though haha. The fans are pretty damn obsessive there so I guess fogs fans in the area would be copping a barrage lately.
There was a time when wearing a Dogs jersey might get you into trouble with rival fans. I reckon they'd be more likely to buy you a drink and feel sorry for you now.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
member when teams feared our forwards?
Remember when we were intimidating other forward packs and they banned the shoulder charge?

Remember when in every game commentators would crap on and on about the Dogs having the biggest forward pack and a 460kg bench so they reduced the interchange?

Remember when we had perfected the sweep play and they changed the interpretation to make it illegal?

Remember when it was well documented in the media how we spend the most on coaching and support staff so they decided to put a salary cap on it?

Remember when in the 2012 and 2014 Grand Finals all of a sudden we couldnt get a penalty for offside? And then would get penalised despite getting marched back 12+ metres every tackle?

Remember the 1st 2 Broncos tries in the 2006 prelimanry which were a total fucking rort?

Remember the Soward fiasco in 2009 which cost Kevin Moore and the team a Minor Premiership? How fucking proudful would KMoore and his entire family be given his fathers legacy? Even if the following seasons had eventuated the exact same way and he still got the sack, That would have been a great achievement and one that he deserved and was stolen from him.

I remember when the competition wasnt a fairytale for a fucking everyone wins participation award. Thats what I like to remember the most.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Remember when we were intimidating other forward packs and they banned the shoulder charge?

Remember when in every game commentators would crap on and on about the Dogs having the biggest forward pack and a 460kg bench so they reduced the interchange?

Remember when we had perfected the sweep play and they changed the interpretation to make it illegal?

Remember when it was well documented in the media how we spend the most on coaching and support staff so they decided to put a salary cap on it?

Remember when in the 2012 and 2014 Grand Finals all of a sudden we couldnt get a penalty for offside? And then would get penalised despite getting marched back 12+ metres every tackle?

Remember the 1st 2 Broncos tries in the 2006 prelimanry which were a total fucking rort?

Remember the Soward fiasco in 2009 which cost Kevin Moore and the team a Minor Premiership? How fucking proudful would KMoore and his entire family be given his fathers legacy? Even if the following seasons had eventuated the exact same way and he still got the sack, That would have been a great achievement and one that he deserved and was stolen from him.

I remember when the competition wasnt a fairytale for a fucking everyone wins participation award. Thats what I like to remember the most.
You've done well there

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
remember when des hasler dropped krisnan inu for tim lafai in the 2013 elimination final loss to the knights,or in the 2006 preliminary final against the broncos when we where leading 20-6 at halftime

Reactions: DT

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
remember when des hasler dropped krisnan inu for tim lafai in the 2013 elimination final loss to the knights,or in the 2006 preliminary final against the broncos when we where leading 20-6 at halftime
Mason went into the tunnel taunting Webcke and 70centsalitre at halftime and fired them up. But the Broncos 1st couple of tries were a rort and it should have been 20 nil at half time.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
remember when our forward pack used to put the fear of God in the hearts of opposition

Remember when this is how we conducted business

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Remember when we last scored 20+ points ! Oh, those were the days [emoji29]. Remember when we also had a genuine fullback? [emoji54]

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
remember when our forward pack used to put the fear of God in the hearts of opposition

Remember when this is how we conducted business

You beat
Me zee lol

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
when most games wernt live and when the dog's were playing you would take your landline phone off the hook switch your mobile off and close your front door just in case someone told u the score
So true mate, remember when would be in the car driving home from sporting games, and news would come on, so quickly turn radio off. So funny.. and god forgive anyone who would ring the house when game was delayed on Tele, and said something silly like, what happened today......Dad would flip his shit..

Status
Not open for further replies.