Remain faithful

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToughDog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Despite our 4 consequative lossses, if we look back at history we might be in with a chance.
In 2012 storms lost 5 games in a row between round 17 to 21but went on to win a premiership against us.
In 2005 tigers were regarded as a team needed just to make up the numbers in the top 8 but instead they won the premiership.
So we hold hope and remain faithful.
This team wont lets us down.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I have also thought of this and it has kept me slightly hopeful...
However yes it is very important to keep in mind that in 2012 we lost to the Storm and also in 2006 when the Broncs lost like 4-5 in a row, they only got to the GF and won it... as we choked against them in the prelim...
I really hope your right, I'm in the same frame of mind now as i was this time last year. I was saying to all my workmates, the semis are a new season and watch us fire...

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I seriously think we're 1 win away from getting things back on track.

Yeah these 4 losses in a row have been a big blow to our top 4 chances in particular, but the big positive is that we have 4 games to get things right. In the current NRL Ladder environment we'll either make the finals with some winning form, or not make it at all.

It starts on Friday where we need to beat the Eels. They've got that lucky nack of finding a way to win games no matter how bad they play. It was stolen off us and we want it back! lol

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
At the moment there's still hope. The boys need to win on Friday and we can still make the 8. Hopefully if things go our way we can end up in 6th and have a home final. Playing away in NZ or Nth Qld would be a big ask in the finals though.

Kiraz Crazy

Hasler_For_PM
Reaction score
3 wins are between us and manly, 1 win between us and 4th..

Its not a big gap.

If we win next week, and find a bit of momentum, in theory we are still as much of contenders as any one.

Step one, is winning

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Parra will play us into form.

You heard it here first ;)

marsh43

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our for/against could be our only problem. We lose to Eels on friday night, you can probably right the season off. Its do or die and we'll actually see if the boys want it or not.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Despite our 4 consequative lossses, if we look back at history we might be in with a chance.
In 2012 storms lost 5 games in a row between round 17 to 21but went on to win a premiership against us.
In 2005 tigers were regarded as a team needed just to make up the numbers in the top 8 but instead they won the premiership.
So we hold hope and remain faithful.
This team wont lets us down
Yes, I've got no intention of giving up on the Bulldogs.

The players busted their arses to win games by narrow margins and remain competition leaders. Then all of a sudden the wheels got real wobbly and the team imploded. IMO keeping the faith works both ways. The players didn't stop winning games just because they lost interest; its bloody obvious that something has gone seriously wrong inside the club and Raelene Castle being the CEO has the responsibility to come clean. The club owes that to the members and fans.

If the club refuses to air the dirty laundry what is now a serious situation will get a lot worse.

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
We could have beaten the donkeys , the boys just didnt put in , thats the worry . Hopefully , hopefully they put in a good training week and prepare well .

Dog Till I Die

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But what are these internal issues??
Ennis is gone and good luck to him. We offered him a deal, he wanted more. That's business.
It's not as if there's another traiterous wife beater sowing discord amongst the playing ranks.
And not for a minute do I believe any NewsCorp crap about internal dissent over Mick leaving for the Sharks.
So what's festering?

ninja_h

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
All of us have been asking this question and none of us knows the reasons.
Has Blue and White been around lately?

Cabbi

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Their is no internal problems at all.The players are just down in confidence.

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There has to be a catalyst if there are "internal" issues. I just do not see what that might be.
There are no ego issues like at the tigers and the players seem to all get along.
Maybe it is just a confidence thing. With 4 rounds to go there is still time to get a roll on but it must start Friday!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Their is no internal problems at all.The players are just down in confidence.
Can be turned around in 1 week by beating one of enemies in the Eels.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
we are still equal 4th. We got this

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we are still equal 4th. We got this
Wish I had your optimism. After the broncos thumping us I am (almost) sure we are ****ed.

In saying all that, the fat lady hasn't sung yet.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Despite my total lack of confidence that we will even make the eight last Friday night, I'm already hopeful that we will turn it around this Friday.

Slumps do come to an end, and we have the troops to win, even with the loss of Reynolds. Our for-and-against is the biggest hurdle, so we have to start winning, and winning well.

Parra are up on confidence, and not frightened of us; so the odds are stacked for another loss. Delusional me will still be cheering for the Dogs - and hoping that we hold the ball, and get a good performance from the referees.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It annoys the heck out of me that we're losing focus and games but I've learned to accept it now. The trick I find is to throw my passion into many sports. NSW won the state of Origin and I'm going to keep rubbing that in Queensland and Pearce supporter's faces. NSW won the Rugby in a brilliant final game of the season. Arsenal are looking strong this season. Wanderers have made 2 grand finals from 2 seasons in the A-League.

I will still be pissed when the Bulldogs lose and I was ready to murder on Friday night but I just remind myself that there are other sports out there that I can enjoy. Sports that aren't fixed by the betting agencies and corrupt officials.

Plus we could still turn it around if someone Nancy Kerrigan's Hayne.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I've been faithful since I was born tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.