Religious Discussion Thread

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I loved the exorcist
You would..me too!! Southy I got to tell you a story.. I was on my tilt table..and I have a shelf attached to my hoist which allows me to use Internet..phone.. Anyway when they are doing the exorcism on Regan and they say, ‘The power of Christ compels you!!!’ The freaking shelf blew of the hoist .. Scared the shit out of me and my homecare lady!!!!!!

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
You would..me too!! Southy I got to tell you a story.. I was on my tilt table..and I have a shelf attached to my hoist which allows me to use Internet..phone.. Anyway when they are doing the exorcism on Regan and they say, ‘The power of Christ compels you!!!’ The freaking shelf blew of the hoist .. Scared the shit out of me and my homecare lady!!!!!!
I stopped smoking dope when I was about 19 one of the last times had 1 to many bongs watching the exorcist anyways stoned parinoid I went to bed ,had a nightmare Regan was at the end of my bed

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I stopped smoking dope when I was about 19 one of the last times had 1 to many bongs watching the exorcist anyways stoned parinoid I went to bed ,had a nightmare Regan was at the end of my bed
A better time to have stopped taking drugs would have been before your mind got pickled.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

More than 750 unmarked graves have been found near a former Catholic boarding school for indigenous children in western Canada, a tribal leader said Thursday — the second such shock discovery in less than a month.

The “horrific and shocking discovery” was announced by Canadian indigenous group Cowessess First Nation.

The revelation once again cast a spotlight on a dark chapter in Canada’s history, and revived calls on the Pope and the Church to apologise for the abuse and violence suffered at the schools, where students were forcibly assimilated into the country’s dominant culture.

“As of yesterday, we have hit 751 unmarked graves” at the site of the former Marieval boarding school in Saskatchewan province, Cowessess First Nation Chief Cadmus Delorme told reporters.

“This is not a mass gravesite. These are unmarked graves,” he said, adding that each grave would be assessed in the coming weeks to determine the final number of victims whose remains are at the site.

Delorme said the graves — found through ground-penetrating radar mapping — may at one time have been marked, but “Catholic Church representatives removed these headstones,” adding that doing so is a crime in Canada and they were treating the site “as a crime scene.” Excavations at the Marieval school, about 150km east of the provincial capital Regina, began at the end of May, after the discovery of the remains of 215 schoolchildren at another such former school in British Columbia.

That first find at the Kamloops school triggered excavation work near several former institutions for indigenous children across Canada, with the assistance of government authorities.

Some 150,000 Native American, Metis and Inuit children were forcibly recruited until the 1990s in 139 of these residential schools across Canada, where they were isolated from their families, their language and their culture.

Many were subjected to ill-treatment and sexual abuse, and more than 4000 died in the schools, according to a commission of inquiry that concluded Canada had committed “cultural genocide” against the indigenous communities.

Federation of Sovereign Indigenous Nations Chief Bobby Cameron described the finding as “a crime against humanity.” “The only crime we ever committed as children was being born indigenous,” he said.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau called the findings at both Kamloops and Marieval “a shameful reminder of the systemic racism, discrimination, and injustice that indigenous peoples have faced — and continue to face — in this country.”

“Together, we must acknowledge this truth, learn from our past, and walk the shared path of reconciliation, so we can build a better future,” he said.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

More than 750 unmarked graves have been found near a former Catholic boarding school for indigenous children in western Canada, a tribal leader said Thursday — the second such shock discovery in less than a month.

The “horrific and shocking discovery” was announced by Canadian indigenous group Cowessess First Nation.

The revelation once again cast a spotlight on a dark chapter in Canada’s history, and revived calls on the Pope and the Church to apologise for the abuse and violence suffered at the schools, where students were forcibly assimilated into the country’s dominant culture.

“As of yesterday, we have hit 751 unmarked graves” at the site of the former Marieval boarding school in Saskatchewan province, Cowessess First Nation Chief Cadmus Delorme told reporters.

“This is not a mass gravesite. These are unmarked graves,” he said, adding that each grave would be assessed in the coming weeks to determine the final number of victims whose remains are at the site.

Delorme said the graves — found through ground-penetrating radar mapping — may at one time have been marked, but “Catholic Church representatives removed these headstones,” adding that doing so is a crime in Canada and they were treating the site “as a crime scene.” Excavations at the Marieval school, about 150km east of the provincial capital Regina, began at the end of May, after the discovery of the remains of 215 schoolchildren at another such former school in British Columbia.

That first find at the Kamloops school triggered excavation work near several former institutions for indigenous children across Canada, with the assistance of government authorities.

Some 150,000 Native American, Metis and Inuit children were forcibly recruited until the 1990s in 139 of these residential schools across Canada, where they were isolated from their families, their language and their culture.

Many were subjected to ill-treatment and sexual abuse, and more than 4000 died in the schools, according to a commission of inquiry that concluded Canada had committed “cultural genocide” against the indigenous communities.

Federation of Sovereign Indigenous Nations Chief Bobby Cameron described the finding as “a crime against humanity.” “The only crime we ever committed as children was being born indigenous,” he said.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau called the findings at both Kamloops and Marieval “a shameful reminder of the systemic racism, discrimination, and injustice that indigenous peoples have faced — and continue to face — in this country.”

“Together, we must acknowledge this truth, learn from our past, and walk the shared path of reconciliation, so we can build a better future,” he said.
By your previous form I'd say that your implying that those Indigenous people ( American Indians) were murdered by Catholic Clergy, you will find many examples of unmarked graves in just about every Country
The treatment of virtually all the Indigenous peoples during the period of Colonisation was unbelievable cruel, and similar to Hitler's treatment of of the so called inferior races.
BTW Hitler in his attempt to build his Super Power copied much from the Colonial powers of the past 400 years.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
For the record: my body is not a temple, it is the Catholic church - full of bread, wine and guilt :-).

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
By your previous form I'd say that your implying that those Indigenous people ( American Indians) were murdered by Catholic Clergy, you will find many examples of unmarked graves in just about every Country
The treatment of virtually all the Indigenous peoples during the period of Colonisation was unbelievable cruel, and similar to Hitler's treatment of of the so called inferior races.
BTW Hitler in his attempt to build his Super Power copied much from the Colonial powers of the past 400 years.
Nah, that article is pretty clear on the issue here.

It's reported that either they buried them in unmarked graves, or the Catholic Church removed the grave markings. Both being bad, but the latter is illegal and could be within the statute of limitations.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with most of what you said, but my point about this particular article is again the reluctance of the catholic church to own up to these crimes. The church promotes itself as a bastion of conservatism, except when it comes to the rule of law where they see themselves as unanswerable to it.

And rather than fess up and admit fault in this recent discovery, I'll bet good money the church will engage their law firms and pour millions into its defence where that money could have been better used to rectify their mess. Wanna bet me?