Religious Discussion Thread

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, I said I follow it, but not blindly.

As for your second bit, what we do know is that Christ will come again, so I don't question his existence, I know he exists and if you did your research into it as well, you will know that he exists.
Waiting for 2000+ years...?
I think another 2000+ years is a likely hood.

But here's another for you to ponder,
1: Like it or not Christ was a JEW. He was born a JEW, He was circumcised as a JEW. He would have been Barmitzvahed as a JEW, He lived as a JEW. He died as a JEW. He was buried as a JEW. His disciples were all JEWS and would have been called him Rabbi!
Jesus Christ WAS A JEW!

2: Christ was not a White Anglo-Saxon.

3: If Christ came back in Nazi-occupied Europe, he would have been sent to the gas chambers or shot just like all the other JEWS.

4: If Christ came back today, he would have more in common with hyper orthodox JEWS than with Christians.

5: Though Christ preached love and tolerance to all, Christianity has almost singularly been the most hypocritical, corrupt, violent, destructive, and intolerant of all faiths throughout the centuries.

6: Also, who would really respect a 30 something-year-old virgin…?!

7: I thank God I'm an atheist!

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

1: Like it or not Christ was a JEW. He was born a JEW, He was circumcised as a JEW. He would have been Barmitzvahed as a JEW, He lived as a JEW. He died as a JEW. He was buried as a JEW. His disciples were all JEWS and would have been called him Rabbi!
Jesus Christ WAS A JEW!

3: If Christ came back in Nazi-occupied Europe, he would have been sent to the gas chambers or shot just like all the other JEWS.

4: If Christ came back today, he would have more in common with hyper orthodox JEWS than with Christians.

5: Though Christ preached love and tolerance to all, Christianity has almost singularly been the most hypocritical, corrupt, violent, destructive, and intolerant of all faiths throughout the centuries.

1. I KNOW Christ was a Jew. Jesus established CHRISTIANITY. How on Earth would it have been possible for him to be born a Christian is he was the one who established it? That's common sense. Christianity was establish through Judaism the same way Islam was established through Christianity. Talk about common sense.

2. See response to 1.

3. When Christ comes back it will not be in the same form as his first time on Earth, I already stated this.

4. This is up for debate. If he established Christianity don't you think he'll be a Christian? He was born a Jew as Christianity isn't established.

5. Corrupt? Please, show me prove of how he's corrupt? And by this I don't mean the corrupt way some Churches are being operated today. I mean how was Jesus himself corrupt. In fact please prove all the other things you said as well - hypocritical, violent, destructive and intolerant.

6. His purpose on Earth was not to have a family.

7. God Bless You.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. I KNOW Christ was a Jew. Jesus established CHRISTIANITY. How on Earth would it have been possible for him to be born a Christian is he was the one who established it? That's common sense. Christianity was establish through Judaism the same way Islam was established through Christianity. Talk about common sense.

2. See response to 1.

3. When Christ comes back it will not be in the same form as his first time on Earth, I already stated this.

4. This is up for debate. If he established Christianity don't you think he'll be a Christian? He was born a Jew as Christianity isn't established.

5. Corrupt? Please, show me prove of how he's corrupt? And by this I don't mean the corrupt way some Churches are being operated today. I mean how was Jesus himself corrupt. In fact please prove all the other things you said as well - hypocritical, violent, destructive and intolerant.

6. His purpose on Earth was not to have a family.

7. God Bless You.
Enjoy the dream.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe in God, but dont believe in churches. You dont need to go to a special building to have faith. Most of them are businesses anyway imo.
So you say that you believe in God but you don't believe in Churches, Has it occurred to you that if their were no Churches you would never have heard of God.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
With the Hillsong Rapture and Christ's 2nd coming.

Say it happened tomorrow....what would actually happen?

All sinners, drunks, fornicators, gays etc just get vaporized and the good Christians get held in a holding corral type area waiting to be processed by Jesus in his new form?

I went to sunday school, scripture, church but the actual logistics were never mentioned.

Can anyone enlighten us?

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So you say that you believe in God but you don't believe in Churches, Has it occurred to you that if their were no Churches you would never have heard of God.
Um no..early worshippers would spread the Word of God through Oral traditions at gatherings. Early Christians would pray and learn about God at each other’s home.. So the need for a ‘building’ is not a necessity just people who are willing to share their faith for others to know about God.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Think on this,
If you could bring back all the holy men who wrote the bible (or any "holy" text for that matter) how well would they fit into our world, and how well would we fit into theirs...?
So your saying that, the Commandments are not relevent today and are bad, like though shalt not kill though shalt not steal, though shalt not commit adultery etc.
WELL YOU MIGHT BE RIGHT YOU KNOW.
(1) Though shalt not kill, society and the law are going softer and softer on murderess.
(2) Though shalt not steal, the banks ripped off the life savings of may retiaries and pensioners, and the Scombo Government has managed to cover it up.
(3) Though shalt not commit adultery, it appears that their is a growing trend in Parliament to allow Ministers and Members to have affairs, when not long ago they would have been sacked

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
So you're saying that the Christian religion isn't strong enough to survive without churches?

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Um no..early worshippers would spread the Word of God through Oral traditions at gatherings. Early Christians would pray and learn about God at each other’s home.. So the need for a ‘building’ is not a necessity just people who are willing to share their faith for others to know about God.
Mate 2000 years ago their were only about 200 mill people on the planet, because of the numbers central places of worship "Churches" became more realistic.
BTW in our parish we often meet in parishioners homes for prayers etc.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you're saying that the Christian religion isn't strong enough to survive without churches?
I'm certain that our faith would survive without Churches, probably with reduced numbers, because today many people want comfort

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
With the Hillsong Rapture and Christ's 2nd coming.

Say it happened tomorrow....what would actually happen?

All sinners, drunks, fornicators, gays etc just get vaporized and the good Christians get held in a holding corral type area waiting to be processed by Jesus in his new form?

I went to sunday school, scripture, church but the actual logistics were never mentioned.

Can anyone enlighten us?
From memory it goes:

- rapture first. Believers all disappear/ascend and become absorbed by Jesus. Each soul he absorbs he gains more power (OK, that last part I may have made up. But say it enough times and it'll become canon)

- world falls into chaos, then a hero rises up. A leader who everyone loves. Then he tattoos the mark of the beast on all of them 'cause it turns out, he's not really a nice guy

- Jesus comes back and wipes out the armies of evil using his holy word, "Hadouken". Possibly followed by a Tiger Uppercut

- Jesus creates new paradise for the believers

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
From memory it goes:

- rapture first. Believers all disappear/ascend and become absorbed by Jesus. Each soul he absorbs he gains more power (OK, that last part I may have made up. But say it enough times and it'll become canon)

- world falls into chaos, then a hero rises up. A leader who everyone loves. Then he tattoos the mark of the beast on all of them 'cause it turns out, he's not really a nice guy

- Jesus comes back and wipes out the armies of evil using his holy word, "Hadouken". Possibly followed by a Tiger Uppercut

- Jesus creates new paradise for the believers
So there's plenty of warning.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Jesus Christ WAS A JEW!

Your hatred of Christianity goes hand in hand with your ignorance, but then hatred always blinds truth, That's why their has been a saying, "TRUTH IS THE FIRST CASULTY OF WAR", BTW for your benefit, hate always goes hand in hand with war.
(1) From their very beginning the Jews lived and believed that a great Messiah would come down and destroy their enemies, and make them the most powerful people on earth, "they were obviously persecuted all those years ago to.
(2) Jesus came along during the Roman occupation, did all those great things, and they thought here is our great Messiah. But in fact he was the very opposite of what they wanted, because he preached "love tolerance forgiveness etc.
BTW regarding your point (7) I have also heard, "I thank God that I don't believe in God"