Religious Discussion Thread

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would he allow the issue to rest? There's very few things worse in this world tbh than a paedo.

Look. I'm not going to jump too much into this but I'm honestly a little worried about you mate. The way you talk about such things is a little ... off.

Each and every time you talk about this you need to add some type of excuse or mitigating circumstances.

If I were religious I'd be fuming with your take on things mate. Sorry. Just saying it how I see it.
KambalaOne has brought up the issue of Paedophile Priests and Church bashing so often that it is beyond a joke, so why might I ask.
I understand if you haven't kept up with all his posts.
THe issue of Paedophile Priests in Australia was throughly delt with by a Royal Commission, which left no stone unturned as to who were guilty. I believe that much of the evidence was submitted by Church Elders. I haven't followed what happens in other Countries.
You say that I only make excuses for the paedophile Priests. Might I ask is the issue of paedophile priests the only one which afflicts Australian Society
My take is if you have any new evidence of paedophila or any other crime you (if you have any decency must report it), by going over old repeated stuff it only proves that you a person who is sick with hate.
BY CONTINUEING WITH THE PAST ISSUE OF PAEDOPHILE PRIESTS, IT CAN ONLY UNDERMINE THE CHRISTIAN VALUES WHICH THIS COUNTRY WAS BUILT ON, BUT THEN THIS MIGHT JUST BE KAMBALAONE'S AGENDA. HE HAS POSTED THAT HE HATES THE CATHOLIC CHURCH ALL CHURCHES AND ALSO OUR FOOTBALL CLUB, SO WHO/WHAT DOSEN'T HE HATE.
BTW I HAVENT SEEN ANY POST WHICH TELLS OF THE GREAT WORK DONE BY DEVOUT CHRISTIANS IN CHARITY AND PROMOTING TRUE CHRISTIAN VALUES. SO HAVING KNOWN SOME GREAT CHRISTIAN pRIESTS YOU MAY BE ABLE TO HELP ME OUT.
What a load of Bullshit!!

Pedophilia doesn't just grow on you when you're old. It's a sickness these people have from the very beginning, early in their lives. These priests had an appetite for child abuse way way way before entering the priesthood. They just found entering the priesthood was an easier way to get away with it, "hiding behind the collar".
Becoming a priest doesn't make you a Pedophile.

If what you are saying is true that many men cannot go through life without sexual desire then they can just seek out women, or go to brothels or whatever(and priests have done that). But to state that if the Catholic church allowed priests to marry there would be less opportunist attacks on kids is just straight up nonsense. Oh and for your information, some Catholic Priests can marry.
Thanks for making a come back Brother.
It was reportered that married clergy men in protestant Religions have also been convicted of Paedophila.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Pedophilia doesn't just grow on you when you're old. It's a sickness these people have from the very beginning, early in their lives. These priests had an appetite for child abuse way way way before entering the priesthood. They just found entering the priesthood was an easier way to get away with it, "hiding behind the collar".

If what you are saying is true that many men cannot go through life without sexual desire then they can just seek out women, or go to brothels or whatever(and priests have done that). But to state that if the Catholic church allowed priests to marry there would be less opportunist attacks on kids is just straight up nonsense. Oh and for your information, some Catholic Priests can marry.
1 Cor 9.7
But if they can not control themselves,
Its better to marry then burn with passion!

Apostle Paul says it himself.

Men desire sexual intimacy and the bible says get married so you don't burn with passion.

The Catholic Church is foolish not allowing priests to marry, let them be intimate with their wife's so they are not going to work randy.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yet again id like to see you explain that to woman best of luck with that.
If a dirty pedo gets a child pregnant try explaining to her sorry a lifes a life
Well it is life. Love is Love, hate is hate...
Put it this way, If I was that baby in the womb I would be hoping someone on the outside is defending my life so I can comfort my mother, look after her and be colossal for her for the rest of my life.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well it is life. Love is Love, hate is hate...
Put it this way, If I was that baby in the womb I would be hoping someone on the outside is defending my life so I can comfort my mother, look after her and be colossal for her for the rest of my life.
Yes and as males theres some choices we cannot make or tell females to make ,or preach to them what you think is morally right or wrong

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1 Cor 9.7
But if they can not control themselves,
Its better to marry then burn with passion!

Apostle Paul says it himself.

Men desire sexual intimacy and the bible says get married so you don't burn with passion.

The Catholic Church is foolish not allowing priests to marry, let them be intimate with their wife's so they are not going to work randy.
But let's go back to your original point. Where does it say in the bible living a life of celibacy leads to opportunistic attack on kids?

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yes and as males theres some choices we cannot make or tell females to make ,or preach to them what you think is morally right or wrong
Nothing to do with preaching. At the end of the day it's their choice. But it's still a life and nothing can change that.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

I think he wasn't saying that a lack of sex makes you a pedo. I think he was saying that a pedo is less likely to act on their sickness if they are actually getting normal, adult sex.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wish there was an all knowing, all powerful, all loving God to stop these devastating, unfortunate and life changing events.

Surely if there was he wouldnt say sorry, life is life.

I mean i think everyone on TK would stop these devastating, unfortunate and life changing events towards innocent people if they had the ultimate power to do so
Even if you were right and there wasn't a God it still doesn't justify the killing of the innocent. Whether that innocent person is 90 years old or in their mothers womb.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yet again id like to see you explain that to woman best of luck with that.
If a dirty pedo gets a child pregnant try explaining to her sorry a lifes a life
Imagine being the female going to the gates of heaven.

God: you can't come in, you willfully aborted your baby?
Woman: wtf i got raped
God: such is life
Woman: are you all powerful?
God: yes
Woman: why didnt you stop the men from raping me?
God: ah.... i give people free choice to choose to do the right or wrong thing
Woman: so your saying you have no free will. You wont do the right thing and stop all the shit devastating things that happen to the people you love? I didnt have a choice when i got raped.
God: ah.... i am God.
Woman: yeh..... see ya

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think he wasn't saying that a lack of sex makes you a pedo. I think he was saying that a pedo is less likely to act on their sickness if they are actually getting normal, adult sex.
Lack of sex makes you a pedo? hahaha

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

This is true. What is also true is that the catholic church chose self-preservation above the innocence, the suffering and the lives of children when known paedophile priests repeatedly raped children while hiding behind the collar. The church knew about them, protected them, moved them around their vast network of dioceses to avoid prosecution and it is that they are yet to be held accountable for. And until they, until they admit to it and bring forth those responsible instead of rewarding them, re- Cardinal Law - Boston, I will continue to bash the catholic church.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Even if you were right and there wasn't a God it still doesn't justify the killing of the innocent. Whether that innocent person is 90 years old or in their mothers womb.
That goes back to the argument of when does a life become a life.

But. If you believe it is at conception. Yup totally understand your point of view. Irrelevant of devine power.

But the God comment was me just trying to bait you hahaha [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But let's go back to your original point. Where does it say in the bible living a life of celibacy leads to opportunistic attack on kids?
I said i suspect if the Catholic allowed priests to marry perhaps there would be less opportunist attacks on kids.. don't go putting words in my mouth.

Again the bible says if a man can not control himself get married! ... if they are getting laid at home they are less likely to go to work randy.

A mix of sexualy excitable men who are told don't get married then sent in to look after kids is foolish - the bible clearly warns against celibacy for those that don't have the gift of celibacy- for the Catholic church to undermine that and send loaded priests in to look after kids is foolish.

Do as the bible says and let them all marry and come together so that Satan will not tempt them due to their lack of self control 1 Cor 7.5

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd put the slaughtering of the innocent little ones in their mothers womb's as just as bad if not worse.
Every way or angle I try to look at it, or force myself to empathize and I've tried hard to come to terms with this, I just cannot justify these actions.
23 million miscarriages a year, who you gunna blame that one I wonder, let me guess, it's not your god?

1 in 7 pregnancies worldwide ends in miscarriage: Study, World News | wionews.com

One in seven pregnancies worldwide ends in miscarriage, and 11 per cent of women endure a failed pregnancy at least once in their lifetime, experts said Tuesday.

Some 23 million miscarriages occur every year, according to data pieced together from around the globe by an international team of 31 researchers.

But the actual tally is sure to be "substantially higher" due to underreporting, they said in a trio of studies published in The Lancet.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Imagine being the female going to the gates of heaven.

God: you can't come in, you willfully aborted your baby?
Woman: wtf i got raped
God: such is life
Woman: are you all powerful?
God: yes
Woman: why didnt you stop the men from raping me?
God: ah.... i give people free choice to choose to do the right or wrong thing
Woman: so your saying you have no free will. You wont do the right thing and stop all the shit devastating things that happen to the people you love? I didnt have a choice when i got raped.
God: ah.... i am God.
Woman: yeh..... see ya
I know your being a bit satirical here but for the record when we stand before the God of the bible our condemnation will be firstly for not honouring God as God then after that what we have done to fellow man.

One common phases I hear is I'm a good person so I'll go to heaven - but if im good to my fellow man but turn my back on God as if he does not exist i am not being good to God - good to man but not good to God.

Further more it's impossible for man to be good to man or God all the time cause we are self centred - that's why we rely on the sacrifice of christ to attone for our sin.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cheers brother exactly what I was getting at.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
23 million miscarriages a year, who you gunna blame that one I wonder, let me guess, it's not your god?
And...what's your point?
Just because there is miscarriages doesn't mean it's ok to kill the unborn.
Just like how there are unfortunate events on building sites where tradesman die, doesn't mean you can force the situation and kill a tradesman on purpose.
Clearly you are a Roosters supporter, wouldn't expect anything less.