Not open for further replies.

iWahash

Hannant
Reaction score
Taken from Nrl.com:

Refreshed Anasta leaves scandals behind
Tuesday, January 31, 2006 - 10:12 AM

By Daniel Pace

Braith Anasta is poised to take on the challenges awaiting at his new NRL club Sydney Roosters - without the scandals which tainted the Bulldogs.

The NSW Origin five-eighth says he's been given a new lease of life at the Roosters and, although he left Belmore last season with plenty of fond memories, he won't miss the controversies which marred the club.

From sex scandals, to salary cap rorting, drug allegations or appalling crowd behaviour, the Bulldogs have stumbled from one fiasco to the next over the past few years.

Anasta managed to survive them all with his reputation and dignity intact.

"Every player hopes to avoid dramas," Anasta told AAP.

"It's up to the individual.

"We just had a bad run at the Bulldogs. I don't think that will ever happen again like that anywhere.

"I just want to play some good footy."

Anasta did just that last year, playing in two State of Origin matches for the series-winning Blues alongside maestro Andrew Johns in the halves.

This year he's feeling mentally refreshed after moving to the Roosters under national coach Ricky Stuart.

"I feel real good," said Anasta, part of the 44-man Australian squad which gathered at Bondi last weekend.

"I spent six years at the Bulldogs and had a ball but it's like any job.

"Once you have a change it's refreshing and gives you new challenges that you want to meet.

"I couldn't be happier actually."

The biggest challenge at club level will be filling the void left by the retirement of Roosters great Brad Fittler at the end of 2004.

Last year Stuart experimented with several five-eighths - including Craig Wing and rookie Jamie Soward - to help ease the pressure on No.7 Brett Finch, but none of them had the presence of an Anasta or Fittler.

Anasta believes Finch's game will improve dramatically with the play-making duties shared between the pair.

"It'll be good for all the boys to have another ball player there," he noted.

"Finch will have a five-eighth there now and that's going to help his game.

"It was better when he had Freddie there controlling different parts of the game as well.

"Just to have a different option and a bit more variety around the rucks and on the edge will help the team."

Generally a running five-eighth, the robust Anasta predicts his style of play will alter slightly in adjusting to his new teammates.

"It will change quite a bit because of the players I have around me at the Roosters," he said.

"I think when I take to the field I'll be a different player but we'll see what happens.

"I'll just have to mix it up and control the game better. I've learnt little tricks like that."

This guy is a complete ****** and d!ckhead. God I hope he has some ****ed up injury to end his career or something..He's practically bagging out the 'Doggies for everything that has gone wrong in the past few years..

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Fresh goes better with Mentos, fresh and full of life.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I wouldnt mind if sonny put a shoulder into his face and knocked him out cold.

D

D0ggyStylz

eh!!

Obviously the media has directed their questioning in regards to problems the Dogs have had in recent years. I think Anasta has done well with the answers he has given and it's pretty obvious the media wanted to beat up on the Dogs once again...

I don't see any malice here...
"We just had a bad run at the Bulldogs. I don't think that will ever happen again like that anywhere.
Either way, I am with everyone on this and hope that he gets put on his backside by Dogs players...just coz he's a Rooster!!

M

MrCharisma

Can't blame Judas for chasing more money... nor can I hate the bloke

Blue Beard

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I agree with Dogaholic, the line of questioing is directed at getting some dirt on the Dogs....

As for the comment he will be the Blues stand-off....I seriously doubt it....Ricky isnt the coach anymore so why would he get picked?, the only reason he got picked last year was to make sure he signed with the Rooters....

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He could of said it a bit nicer but ohwell
I still gots respect for the guy:grinning:

KENNY-DOWALL

The Kiwi Xpress
Reaction score
He isnt really bagging out the dogs

All he is trying to say his looking for a fresh start and put all the trouble back in the past.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wolfpac

4 Life
Reaction score
what a jack@$$... what round we playing those p00fs????

the boys will be ready to smack this sh!t out of him...

what a tosser... like he never put a foot wrong when he was at the bulldogs

D

D0ggyStylz

DogSquad said:
what a tosser... like he never put a foot wrong when he was at the bulldogs
Not wanting to defend the bloke, just curious as to what he did wrong whilst he was with the Dogs?

D

Danish

Dogaholic said:
eh!!

Obviously the media has directed their questioning in regards to problems the Dogs have had in recent years. I think Anasta has done well with the answers he has given and it's pretty obvious the media wanted to beat up on the Dogs once again...

I don't see any malice here...

Either way, I am with everyone on this and hope that he gets put on his backside by Dogs players...just coz he's a Rooster!!

Thanks for saying what i was going to. You saved me a certain flaming ;)

The headline is about as misleading as the when that young Novacastrian allegedly "slammed" the NRLs double standards.

Clearly from the Article Anasta enjoyed his time at the dogs, but is happy to move on. Pretty much the feeling the Dogs have towards him i spose

H

Haztrick

I want to see Anasta run at Sonny Bill :D

This article is really making my anger for him grow.....

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Personally, imo the dogs arnt gunna go in and smash him when the play the roosters

Status
Not open for further replies.