Reflecting on the past 2 rounds who is your best 17 for round 3?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
1. Allan
6. Averillo
7. Flanagan
9. JMK

2. DWZ (Schoupp not in top 30, so T. Katoa if DWZ is suspended)
3. Cotric
4. Hopoate
5. Meaney

8. Hetherington
10. Atoni
11. Elliott
12. RFM (Doorey if RFM is injured)
13. Jackson

14. Waddell
15. Ogden
16. Napa
17. Doorey (Smith, or Stimson)

Averillo doesn't look ready but I'd rather we persist with him then have Wakeham or Lewis in the halves.

Schoupp and Topine not being in the top 30 is a massive F up (even if they aren't ready neither are the other 3 that were promoted).

There is honestly not much more we can do. We have JAC and Burton coming in next year. We still need a hooker and metre eater prop. After that centre (Schoupp? Alamoti?) and second row (Doorey? Topine?) are the positions we need to strengthen.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
May aswell chuck Roumanos in over Napa.

I'd rather us swap Napa for Burton and upgrade Ava though.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'm also battling to see much in Topine. His lack of size seems a problem as a backrower and was probably the smallest forward on the field in CC yesterday

I know he has pedigree in the juniors and was captain of the Junior Kangaroos but at this stage he would get rag dolled in first grade so I don't see him as an option for at least a couple of years until he puts some size on

Am I missing something?
He's only 19, still eligible for Flegg and has missed a year of footy. Not every player needs to be bashing the door down at such a young age. He's also a similar size to Murray, Radley, etc...he just doesn't have the luxury of being thrown into first grade early like them and playing with such a dominant pack and stacked team.

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Centre is not just about tackling.. in fact the centre is the most crucial position in terms of reading the play in the modern game.. and as I said lewis leads the team in tries caused.. tries caused is generally as a result of a miss read in defence..

So yeah lewis can tackle but he's one of the worst defenders in the team...
Nice to see someone actually watches the games instead of wacking off to mental reruns of Lewis tackling Sam Burgess. The bloke is terrible in defence and a proven failure in first grade.

Oldpanther

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Nice to see someone actually watches the games instead of wacking off to mental reruns of Lewis tackling Sam Burgess. The bloke is terrible in defence and a proven failure in first grade.
Well I was going off the comments here. Figured people would know their own team really well and if defence is all you get from him at centre for say 12 months until you get JAC there are worse things than grinding out a few low scoring wins on the back of defence.

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Well I was going off the comments here. Figured people would know their own team really well and if defence is all you get from him at centre for say 12 months until you get JAC there are worse things than grinding out a few low scoring wins on the back of defence.
Post wasn't a dig at you mate, more the people who do watch every game and should know better.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
1. Allan
6. Averillo
7. Flanagan
9. JMK

2. DWZ (Schoupp not in top 30, so T. Katoa if DWZ is suspended)
3. Cotric
4. Hopoate
5. Meaney

8. Hetherington
10. Atoni
11. Elliott
12. RFM (Doorey if RFM is injured)
13. Jackson

14. Waddell
15. Ogden
16. Napa
17. Doorey (Smith, or Stimson)

Averillo doesn't look ready but I'd rather we persist with him then have Wakeham or Lewis in the halves.

Schoupp and Topine not being in the top 30 is a massive F up (even if they aren't ready neither are the other 3 that were promoted).

There is honestly not much more we can do. We have JAC and Burton coming in next year. We still need a hooker and metre eater prop. After that centre (Schoupp? Alamoti?) and second row (Doorey? Topine?) are the positions we need to strengthen.
Pretty much the way I see it. There's not much can be done although I think Meaney would offer more to the team at FB than on the wing...(Cotric doesnt pass anyway even if Meaney was up with him) and Allen at centre instead of Hoppa to try and bring in a bit of defence.

Just re-arranging the deck chairs as they say but what have we got to lose :/

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I didn't take it that way so all good. Just explaining the logic.
Every centre with a drop of leg speed is beating Lewis at centre. He can tackle one on one but can't defend. Shoots out to much without telling anyone so it's just him opening a hole for the other team.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haven't read previous posts yet but my take on the game:

Overall did pretty well/ in the game for 60mins with the bounce going toward Panthers.

Defence was good with a few players a bit weaker than where the standard should be.

Hoppa, meany are a weakness, Jake is scared, Allan needs to Run The ball back with more energy.

Wadell is undersized and a bit of a worry, forwards in general need more mungrel, Jackson and Elliot are great.

We need a voice / voices out there that will pressure the ref's.

Still think we'll get better as the year goes on and like what I see in general and should start stringing some back to backs toward the second half of the season.

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Barrett needs to start making massive changes immediately