Opinion Referees

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are 4 weeks in and im losing my patience with the refs, we havent had a 50/50 call go our way for years, some of these calls we arent getting arent even that, more 80/20 or 90/10. Now im not blaming everything on these decisions, we have so much to work on, I can completely see that but if sharks go a man down 2 weeks back and souths get a sinbin or even 2 and preston maybe gets a pen try, we win both of these games. I get it, we still have tons to work on but we are getting absolutely nothing and im sick of seeing it. When will this change, it seems to happen every single week, as ciro said last year we hurt ourselves and today we did really but these calls probably would have got us over the line in these games, im so annoyed with it.

lovemachine

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sutton has always been a south's sweetheart. I'm surprised he has all his teeth the was he ref's for south's.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It’s a complete joke how they pin us for the smallest things but let other team go. South should’ve had 4 sin bins, the hit on kiks without the ball, Preston hip drop, fattrell late hit on fox and the professional foul after we made the break.

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it evident in other games where Sutton has bias towards Souths. I havent noticed?

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Can’t stand the nrl reffs, every try almost goes up as no try a straight to the bunker. May as well have no on field officials and the ref just does it from the box all from media footage as they watch. I mean at this rate all will all be a fuck up like it is now.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
As I said, the players get pushed to death at training. Yet we get shafted by the refs on game day (once again) and the club sits there and does nothing.

Sent from my SM-A235F using Tapatalk
My point exactly. The guys are putting in. Some of the forwards are producing outstanding efforts competing against bigger guys.

We are being let down by refs having disproportionate influence on minute by minute results in games.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
When you have a game where the rules are only applied at the refs discretion means the ref decides who wins. NRL and the refs are now corrupt no doubt. every year the nrl adds rules which allow the ref and bunker to have more influence on the result. Even Sports commentators have no idea which way a decision will go.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
When you have a game where the rules are only applied at the refs discretion means the ref decides who wins. NRL and the refs are now corrupt no doubt. every year the nrl adds rules which allow the ref and bunker to have more influence on the result. Even Sports commentators have no idea which way a decision will go.
They, to a man, keep quiet where any decision is 50/50 and goes against us tho....let alone a dead set rort like the hip drop and Tass professional foul.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
We won the penalty count and the 6 again as well as I recall...
Yep we had double the penalties that Souths received, and were camped on their line for multiple sets.
There were times when I expected to see us penalised for hold downs, and we got away with them.

I thought Sutton was very fair to us.

We lost because Hutchison has no speed to take advantage of breaks, and Mahoney insists on running sideways with the ball, allowing the defence to get up in our face before he passes to our forwards - who are forced to stand flat waiting for the ball.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We won the penalty count and the 6 again as well as I recall...
If we hip dropped murray. We have a player sent off.

If we deliberately knocked johnson out with a late hip to the head, we have a player sent off.

If we lay over latrell in a scoring position, we have a player in the bin.

If we put a late hit on burgess, we have a player in the bin.

We have 1 accidental moment and a player is in the bin.

That's what we are fuming at.

Warranted we shot ourselves in the foot and Hutchinson had some brain explosions, but South's should have been down to 11 for the majority of the game and even down to 10 at the moment of the professional foul.

If the bunker was impartial, we win that game by a cricket score.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
If we hip dropped murray. We have a player sent off.

If we deliberately knocked johnson out with a late hip to the head, we have a player sent off.

If we lay over latrell in a scoring position, we have a player in the bin.

If we put a late hit on burgess, we have a player in the bin.

We have 1 accidental moment and a player is in the bin.

That's what we are fuming at.

Warranted we shot ourselves in the foot and Hutchinson had some brain explosions, but South's should have been down to 11 for the majority of the game and even down to 10 at the moment of the professional foul.

If the bunker was impartial, we win that game by a cricket score.
I was worried that it would be a send off. We were lucky that it was only a sin bin.
Mitchell's hit was an accident, pure and simple.

We had more than enough opportunities, but we were hit with that double whammy that always sets us back - two players off with injury, forcing players to play out of position, and a man in the bin for ten.

If that had gone the other way, we might have won - but none of those were the fault of the ref.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
They, to a man, keep quiet where any decision is 50/50 and goes against us tho....let alone a dead set rort like the hip drop and Tass professional foul.
They did catch Murray the Milker at his usual trick when he made his captain's challenge - and dismissed it.

I put the loss down to two players - Hutchison and Mahony. Both stifle the attack with poor reads and trying to do it all by themselves instead of getting the ball quickly out to our strike weapons.

How we played for that last try, in the dying minutes of the game, is how we should have started the second half. We would have blown Souths off the board.

The Chooks will murder us next week.