Ref V Storm

Status
Not open for further replies.

coastaldog

COACH
Reaction score
the storm have always had there critics with acusations of grubby tackles, laying in the play the ball,graple tackles and so on..

its funny how it has always worked for them as attacking players have given away plenty of penaltys reacting to the storm in tackles..

even a few penaltys today were given to the storm when warriors players reacted to certain tackles the storm did.(both involved guyer tomemory)

but today the storm were really on the back foot with the ref really cracking down on them all game..
they didnt seem to know how to get on top when they couldnt niggle thier
wat there..

there little indisgressions turrned into penaltys,
there grubby tactics exposed in full..

will find it hard when playing the broncos in brissy if the ref keeps on em..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
NO, their tactics weren't any different or worse to what they have been doing for 3 years. In fact, they weren't trying to dominate the ruck enough because Robinson was calling pathetic penalties that weren't there late in every tackle count every set.

He is a shocking ref who has way too much of an influence over games every time and doesn't allow teams to play footy.

He wasn't the reason Melbourne lost today, NZ deserved to win, but he blew roughly 20 penalties in a finals game and many of them weren't worthy of a penalty in a trial game for NSW Cup FFS.

Terrible refereeing display in many ways.

I don't know how he got a finals game in the first place. Must be due to the complete lack of half decent refs these days.

The only good thing about Robinson is that he makes decisions for tries on the spot and doesn't go upstairs that much. But that is THE only good thing.

M

Mr Miyagi

I thought Robinson favoured the storm heavily in the ruck in the first half.
It was a joke, how much holding down and cheap holds was going on at times and warriors were penalised for a slight hold nearly every time.

coastaldog

COACH
Reaction score
but he did get some penaltys right..

who was the player who tried sort of heading pricey and price reacted to it..

i didnt really notice it but robinson penalised it straight away...
an on replay it was warrented (sort of)

but way to many penaltys for finals footy i believe..

but it did put the storm on notice...

ps,,imagine if he fers the broncos/storm game,, there will be 180 penalts

QLDGirl

queensland rock
Reaction score
I hope he does!!!

I noticed that at times to that they were getting penalties against them they might not usually get.

coastaldog

COACH
Reaction score
I hope he does!!!

I noticed that at times to that they were getting penalties against them they might not usually get.
so do youse with play the balls and laying in the tackle..
youse just do it a little better and not dirty

QLDGirl

queensland rock
Reaction score
so do youse with play the balls and laying in the tackle..
youse just do it a little better and not dirty
Well some of the Broncos don't do it dirty, and some of them do. They're just careful enough not to get noticed. And the fact that we didnt have all the hyper like the Storm did on being a dirty team. If some players continue like they are, we soon will.

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He is a shocking ref who has way too much of an influence over games every time and doesn't allow teams to play footy.

The only good thing about Robinson is that he makes decisions for tries on the spot and doesn't go upstairs that much. But that is THE only good thing.

Agree he was shocking, way too many penalties that couldve ****ed up a great game. But with the last point, did you see the double movement from Israel where he didnt even check with the touchie, he just sent it straight to the video ref when everyone on the ground knew it was a double movement!

PigBenis

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the storm have always had there critics with acusations of grubby tackles, laying in the play the ball,graple tackles and so on..

its funny how it has always worked for them as attacking players have given away plenty of penaltys reacting to the storm in tackles..

even a few penaltys today were given to the storm when warriors players reacted to certain tackles the storm did.(both involved guyer tomemory)

but today the storm were really on the back foot with the ref really cracking down on them all game..
they didnt seem to know how to get on top when they couldnt niggle thier
wat there..

there little indisgressions turrned into penaltys,
there grubby tactics exposed in full..

mate where u watching the game the ****ing got way with so many its not funny

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
All i can say is yay that the warriors beat em hahaha.

coastaldog

COACH
Reaction score
mate where u watching the game the ****ing got way with so many its not funny
yeah but he let alot go both ways..Warriors got away with there fair share of slowing down the play the balls too..

i was stating that the refs are now looking into the storms tactics alot more now..they were getting away with alot of the ones they were pulled up on today a few weeks ago..

Status
Not open for further replies.