Ref Ben Cummins apologises to Jackson after blunder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...y/news-story/f81ccbe9ab7c8c507f67a2760403813e

When was the last time you heard an official apologise to a captain?

As far as ref blunders go — this was an absolute shocker.

When calling a captain over to chat, it’s only right you wait for him to get back in position.

Ben Cummins forgot the golden rule on Good Friday.

After gifting back-to-back penalties, Canterbury skipper Josh Jackson was called over for a talking to but before he had the chance to slot back into right centre, South Sydney attacked and Greg Inglis scored just before the halftime break.

A nasty concussion to Moses Mbye forced a backline shuffle which saw Jackson move into the centres.

“I’m sorry Josh, I didn’t realise,” Cummins said to Jackson after the try.

Too little, too late.
He should be dropped and mad to hand in his Souths panties..

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ref. telling Jackson to run 30m just for a chat then allowing play to resume before Jackson can get back to defend allowed Inglis to score, Dogs lose by a try, I think the referee did have an impact bud!!!
The way tha ball bounces sometimes, like Tolman pass...

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate we were officiated out of the game...

It was a game we were never allowed to win before a ball had been kicked off.

People say we mismanaged this or that or dropped the ball.

1st try they were piggybacked onto our line with a string of 4th/5th tackle penalties.
2nd try Jackson was called over other side of field by the ref, who blew time on before he could get back.
3rd try Cummins ran directly into the path of Hoppa, denying him a chance to make a chance of tackling the player about to score.

Entire thing was scripted worse than fucking Married at First Sight.
Blind Refereeing

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Dont know if anyone heard anthony seibolds press conference but he said we were guilty of all of our 14 penalties in the first half ,what a wanker
May have certainly been for some of them but what about the overturned decision to give Souffs the penalty off which they then scored ( the incident with Jacko) Replays suggest original decision of a knock on by them was correct. Incorrect play the balls and markers not square by Souths not penalised.....

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
May have certainly been for some of them but what about the overturned decision to give Souffs the penalty off which they then scored ( the incident with Jacko) Replays suggest original decision of a knock on by them was correct. Incorrect play the balls and markers not square by Souths not penalised.....
Thats right my issue is them not getting penalised

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
About the referees.
In AFL the umpires get asked questions by the media and explain their decisions.
Given referees in NRL have a MUCH bigger influence on the game than umpires do in Australian rules is ot time NRL referees are held to account by way of media questions?
Yep as long as it is in a proper manner.

The fact that Greenberg has decided they are above reproach and should be protected means that he knows they won't be able to properly explain their decisions and accountability will always be in question.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
we dropped so much ball its not funny.. we lost todays game not the refs
Agree, the refs certainly didn’t help, it was another typically embarrassing stuff up that the we have had to endure. I’ve lost count of how many there were over the years, but none better then the time the video ref ruled on a forward pass a few years back V Parra despite the golden rule stating a video ref can’t rule on forward passes.

We lost that game as opposed to Souths winning it..really dumb football in the clutch and the hunger to hold on didn’t exist which is a worry.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...y/news-story/f81ccbe9ab7c8c507f67a2760403813e

When was the last time you heard an official apologise to a captain?

As far as ref blunders go — this was an absolute shocker.

When calling a captain over to chat, it’s only right you wait for him to get back in position.

Ben Cummins forgot the golden rule on Good Friday.

After gifting back-to-back penalties, Canterbury skipper Josh Jackson was called over for a talking to but before he had the chance to slot back into right centre, South Sydney attacked and Greg Inglis scored just before the halftime break.

A nasty concussion to Moses Mbye forced a backline shuffle which saw Jackson move into the centres.

“I’m sorry Josh, I didn’t realise,” Cummins said to Jackson after the try.

Too little, too late.
Don’t fuken apologise Cuntins just don’t fuken rip us off to begin with, simple!

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't know if i want to watch this week's game tbh. We are pretty much one bad call away from being reffed out of another season.

Status
Not open for further replies.