Ref Ben Cummins apologises to Jackson after blunder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
Jackson should have head butted the little weasle.
Then apologized because that makes it all better.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I have said it before and I shall say it now; apology after the fact means nothing; zero; zilch, nada. Souths reaped the benefits when they should not have and we had six points scored against us which in my opinion would have been prevented if all had been fair and equitable.

Has not changed the fact that we did not get the two points because of his blunder and Souths did.

" I did not realise, I am sorry" was what I saw in lip reading Cummins apology. Let's be blunt here; the referee made a massive mistake: HE called Jackson over to the other side of the field to have a word to him, it was not Jackson wandering over to question any decision,that is not allowed; therefore he should have allowed him to return to his defensive position before he allowed Souths to play on. He was the cause of the fact that our defensive line was not correctly set as it has every right to be; it was not a quick tap it was a tap from the mark for a set restart. Should not matter whether Jacko was centre, winger,lock, second row or left right out. He was denied his right to return to the defensive line and Souths benefited big time.

Mistakes happen, but when it is from an official who is charged to make a fair contest of the game by properly enforcing rules and making CORRECT decisions and he makes a crucial and incorrect play, well, that does not wash with me. I have seen THREE extremely bad mistakes made this year which have cost teams; two against us and one against the Tigers.

Live with it and move on you say; well and good, but whilst the NRL want to tell me and everyone else that watches the game that their officials are beyond reproach and are doing the best they can in enforcing rules and regulations correctly and fairly each and every week in each and every game and each and every team they can get nicked.....STOP THE APOLOGIES AND JUST GET IT RIGHT!!!!

Last edited:

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Did this event actually happen? Surely the bunker should intervene in circumstances like this?
But I like how people here are starting to accept that whilst the refs may fuck us up we still had the opportunity to come away with the win. I didn’t watch the game but from what I’ve gathered is that we didn’t bend over to the refs and still tried our hardest which is the best sign I’ve seen so far this year from the team.
Yes, unbelievably it did and as I mentioned in a previous post if you lip read the conversation Cummins does say " I did not realise ( and I take it to mean that Jackson was now playing centre due to the reshuffle after Mbye went off in the first five minutes) I am sorry". AND as usual with all of Souths tries yesterday he could not wait to award it quickly enough......

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This and plus all those bullshit penalties made the team tired resulting in us playing shit house. To any one on here criticising us try playing a team being carried by fuckwit ref and see where that gets you.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Everyone except the NRL think the refs were shit last night. And on this occassion they did make a difference to the result. Cummins should get a try assist for calling Jackson over, so Souths could score where he would have been. Fkn assholes.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
A) An Apology
B) 2 competition points

I wonder which one i would prefer....hmmmm

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I have said it before and I shall say it now; apology after the fact means nothing; zero; zilch, nada. Souths reaped the benefits when they should not have and we had six points scored against us which in my opinion would have been prevented if all had been fair and equitable.

Has not changed the fact that we did not get the two points because of his blunder and Souths did.

" I did not realise, I am sorry" was what I saw in lip reading Cummins apology. Let's be blunt here; the referee made a massive mistake: HE called Jackson over to the other side of the field to have a word to him, it was not Jackson wandering over to question any decision,that is not allowed; therefore he should have allowed him to return to his defensive position before he allowed Souths to play on. He was the cause of the fact that our defensive line was not correctly set as it has every right to be; it was not a quick tap it was a tap from the mark for a set restart. Should not matter whether Jacko was centre, winger,lock, second row or left right out. He was denied his right to return to the defensive line and Souths benefited big time.

Mistakes happen, but when it is from an official who is charged to make a fair contest of the game by properly enforcing rules and making CORRECT decisions and he makes a crucial and incorrect play, well, that does not wash with me. I have seen THREE extremely bad mistakes made this year which have cost teams two against us and one against the Tigers.

Live with it and move on you say; well and good, but whilst the NRL want to tell me and everyone else that watches the game that their officials are beyond reproach and are doing the best they can in enforcing rules and regulations correctly and fairly each and every week in each and every game and each and every team they can get nicked.....STOP THE APOLOGIES AND JUST GET IT RIGHT!!!!
This is how they can get away with the clear rorting, the rorting appear as "mistakes" and are written off as mistakes, to cover up the rorts.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lol at the NRL website report of the game.......shows what a real professional mob they are....from the chief reporter for the NRL no less.....

https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2018/032/30/rabbitohs-beat-bulldogs-in-good-friday-thriller/

The Bulldogs had to do it without their best player over the opening three weeks of the season after Moses Mbye's afternoon ended five minutes into the contest.

Mbye clashed heads with Roberts Jennings while making a try-saving tackle on the Rabbitohs winger and the pair played no further part in the match.

Jennings did return from his HIA assessment with twenty to go in the first half and played on until half time.......

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
About the referees.
In AFL the umpires get asked questions by the media and explain their decisions.
Given referees in NRL have a MUCH bigger influence on the game than umpires do in Australian rules is ot time NRL referees are held to account by way of media questions?

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
An understandably upset Jackson approached Cummins, who apologised, saying: "I didn't realise, I am sorry about that."
"They scored a try," protested Jackson, to which Cummins could only repeat: "I didn’t realise."
The answer is simple.. A try was scored as a result of refs incompetence and breach of NRL rules and guidelines. Therefore NO TRY should have been called, and the ball played from the position it was on that tackle.
Has this game fucked me up or am I missing something? I thought the bunker (when they are awake) are there to judge on ALL infringements in the course of a try being scored.Why didn't the stupid FOOL not call on the bunker?I tell you why,cause he would have looked stupid!Sorry doesn't cut it in Rugby League but only in fucking bingo.I've got to cut down on my beer this week cause this FOOL cost me, sorry my arse.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
True; but Jackson was still running back across to get in position. Our straight defensive line had been broken and a gap artificially created.
i was talking about the grubber kick try when the referee got in the way of hoppa

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Has this game fucked me up or am I missing something? I thought the bunker (when they are awake) are there to judge on ALL infringements in the course of a try being scored.Why didn't the stupid FOOL not call on the bunker?I tell you why,cause he would have looked stupid!Sorry doesn't cut it in Rugby League but only in fucking bingo.I've got to cut down on my beer this week cause this FOOL cost me, sorry my arse.
Makes you wonder with technology these days so we really need more than one ref and any sideline officials.

Let the Bunker officiate the game and onfield ref literally a glorified whistle blower relying bunker decisions. Would be dead simple to overlay a line during the game to determine offside.

Robert61

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...y/news-story/f81ccbe9ab7c8c507f67a2760403813e

When was the last time you heard an official apologise to a captain?

As far as ref blunders go — this was an absolute shocker.

When calling a captain over to chat, it’s only right you wait for him to get back in position.

Ben Cummins forgot the golden rule on Good Friday.

After gifting back-to-back penalties, Canterbury skipper Josh Jackson was called over for a talking to but before he had the chance to slot back into right centre, South Sydney attacked and Greg Inglis scored just before the halftime break.

A nasty concussion to Moses Mbye forced a backline shuffle which saw Jackson move into the centres.

“I’m sorry Josh, I didn’t realise,” Cummins said to Jackson after the try.

Too little, too late.
Just shows how refs can virtually fix a game for betting . Just call the captain over let play go on with a man down . He should have disallowed the try on the basis that the referee should have been sent to the sin bin. Apologising is fine but did it help us win the game noo way on the contrary it cost us 6 points. Cummins you are an idiot if you don't know your own rules then time to give it away. but then again Souths are still a pin up team like Easts with referees

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
i was talking about the grubber kick try when the referee got in the way of hoppa
Oops; there were so many stuff ups in this game, please forgive me for confusing them...;)

Robert61

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The refs were abysmal yet again today but still we had more than enough opportunities in that second half to win that game easily.
You know, when I think back to the days of one referee and two linesmen, against 2 referees , two linesman and a bunker full of ditherers. The refs actually made less mistakes in those days then they do today. Says a lot for the gooses running around with their whistles today

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dont know if anyone heard anthony seibolds press conference but he said we were guilty of all of our 14 penalties in the first half ,what a wanker

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
You know, when I think back to the days of one referee and two linesmen, against 2 referees , two linesman and a bunker full of ditherers. The refs actually made less mistakes in those days then they do today. Says a lot for the gooses running around with their whistles today
Oh yeah i agree with ya, the NRL have some how turned a very simple game into one of the most complex on earth.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dont know if anyone heard anthony seibolds press conference but he said we were guilty of all of our 14 penalties in the first half ,what a wanker
His team were gifted the game I reckon Cummins was sucking dicks after the gamr. Just doesn't want to admit souffs had an extra player on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.