Opinion Reed Mahoney

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone explain to me why people keep saying Mahoney was 3rd man in during the Seyfarth-Kiks handbag drama? I know the Fox comms said something about it, but since when do we regard them as gospel? The 3rd man in was actually Naden, and the 4th was Burton. Reed was 5th, but only just as he managed to beat about 3 Tiges players.

Gotta pull back on the "3rd man in" narrative, it is plainly incorrect. Also, people are saying Mahoney did some jabs, which is also rubbish, there was the usual shirt grabbing shoving, but the only thing that stood out was Seyfarth's attempted head butt.
Exactly. The broadcasters showed an angle that only showed Reed, but he was just one of many who rushed in and was definitely not 3rd man.

spaced_monkey

Waterboy
Reaction score
I hope Reed has enough between the ears that he knows what he’s doing and pushing the envelope just enough to add that little bit of niggle to upset opposition. He may not be the no. 9 everyone wanted but he may be the no. 9 that we need.

Bullfrog2

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I reckon Reed Mahoney will be paying the NRL to play shortly with all his fines.
4 weeks suspension for the Aidan Sezer hip drop who the fuck was in the bunker.
Who ever it was the should not be given another appointment this year.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Can someone explain to me why people keep saying Mahoney was 3rd man in during the Seyfarth-Kiks handbag drama? I know the Fox comms said something about it, but since when do we regard them as gospel? The 3rd man in was actually Naden, and the 4th was Burton. Reed was 5th, but only just as he managed to beat about 3 Tiges players.

Gotta pull back on the "3rd man in" narrative, it is plainly incorrect. Also, people are saying Mahoney did some jabs, which is also rubbish, there was the usual shirt grabbing shoving, but the only thing that stood out was Seyfarth's attempted head butt.
$1500 for a head butt. Joke.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I reckon Reed Mahoney will be paying the NRL to play shortly with all his fines.
4 weeks suspension for the Aidan Sezer hip drop who the fuck was in the bunker.
Who ever it was the should not be given another appointment this year.
Sutton was in the bunker for our game...surprised!

dawso047

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He is getting on my nerves, loses the plot in a scuffle and against teams down a player or two. If I was in the opposition I would ask Reed why the Dogs can't score against 12 or 11 opposition players.

Bullfrog2

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He is getting on my nerves, loses the plot in a scuffle and against teams down a player or two. If I was in the opposition I would ask Reed why the Dogs can't score against 12 or 11 opposition players.
Don’t know what he is saying but everyone is fired up!

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

5th man in and running 50m to get involved is worse than 3rd man. I love the way he plays and brings that one in all in for the team mindset. Everyone in this years team has each others back and Reed is a big motivator for that. He does however need to pull it back a notch or we will be playing short for 10min in the coming weeks. He will be a marked man with the officials. You can bet on that.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
5th man in and running 50m to get involved is worse than 3rd man. I love the way he plays and brings that one in all in for the team mindset. Everyone in this years team has each others back and Reed is a big motivator for that. He does however need to pull it back a notch or we will be playing short for 10min in the coming weeks. He will be a marked man with the officials. You can bet on that.
Yeah they are going to be keeping a close on him for sure, hence CC needs to draw his attention to how he actually best helps his team mates.

The DoggFather

RIP HABS
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
This is my concern and nobody has mentioned it till now. We couldn't score against 11 men and they actually looked more threatening than we did.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is my concern and nobody has mentioned it till now. We couldn't score against 11 men and they actually looked more threatening than we did.
Agree no point in sugar coating yesterdays performance we were no where near our best for some reason, perhaps thinking about next week who knows.
The Tigers played with a spring in their step and a sense of desperation till the end.
I’m hoping it was just a stutter step.

The DoggFather

RIP HABS
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Agree no point in sugar coating yesterdays performance we were no where near our best for some reason, perhaps thinking about next week who knows.
The Tigers played with a spring in their step and a sense of desperation till the end.
I’m hoping it was just a stutter step.
Maybe coming off a bye, playing a dud team without their best player and having their minds on Penrith were all contributors.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
One the one hand I’m not a huge fan of Reed’s niggle. I love that we’ve got someone passionate in the team willing to be aggressive and backup his teammates.

On the other hand I find all the criticism from commentators unreasonable. Their main issue seems to be with him being small. As if it would be okay if he was a prop. Okay for some but not for Reed.

Reed probably sees himself as using niggle strategically and within the rules.

tyl0r

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd prefer if he stopped running in the way he does. He was probably lucky not to be binned yesterday.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe coming off a bye, playing a dud team without their best player and having their minds on Penrith were all contributors.
Yeah it’s hard to say but you’re right sometimes playing a lower team drags you down also.
It is up to CC to get them primed for our biggest game this season,a real yard stick.
Will be interesting to see how good our defence really is against the best.
No doubt we’ve been pretty good in that department so let’s hope for the best.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
One the one hand I’m not a huge fan of Reed’s niggle. I love that we’ve got someone passionate in the team willing to be aggressive and backup his teammates.

On the other hand I find all the criticism from commentators unreasonable. Their main issue seems to be with him being small. As if it would be okay if he was a prop. Okay for some but not for Reed.

Reed probably sees himself as using niggle strategically and within the rules.
I'd agree, except after he blows up like he did yesterday his game falls apart afterwards more often than not. Watch the last 5 minutes of the game yesterday over again if you can, his head wasn't in the right place.

The DoggFather

RIP HABS
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yeah it’s hard to say but you’re right sometimes playing a lower team drags you down also.
It is up to CC to get them primed for our biggest game this season,a real yard stick.
Will be interesting to see how good our defence really is against the best.
No doubt we’ve been pretty good in that department so let’s hope for the best.
Straight out even if we lose by a try I'll be impressed. I just hope we don't get blown off the park.