News Reed explains his comments last night

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Food for thought what if it isn’t the coach that has lost the dressing room, but it’s Reed Mahoney?
Reed doesn’t inspire me whatsoever when he speaks his interview yesterday was a basic disaster

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wonder who wrote that for him to copy and paste on his facetagram... reeks of corporate image control.

Don't care who you ate you don't have a crack at your own fans when you screw up wearing their colours.

You're wearing our colours for a season mate we'll be wearing them for a lifetime.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In a way I don't blame Mahoney for his comments. Surely the club needs to make sure the people who they stand up as leaders have the tools to cope in heated situations like yesterdays press conference. Clearly Mahoney is not presently "equipped" to be placed in a situation like this. Could anyone here imagine Jacko sprouting the rubbish that flowed yesterday? Just wouldn't happen.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Wonder who wrote that for him to copy and paste on his facetagram... reeks of corporate image control.

Don't care who you ate you don't have a crack at your own fans when you screw up wearing their colours.

You're wearing our colours for a season mate we'll be wearing them for a lifetime.
Said this elsewhere on TK - you don't think the term 'rest assured' comes out of Reeds mouth? Lolz...

Like appreciate that some of the Dogs rank and file are clinically stupid (yes CVD thread - I'm looking at u) but we're not that stupid.

XPICATE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
“It is not changes that is going to fix this. This is a cultural thing that has happened for years and years now, a habit of losing.”

I take offence to this tbh.Who is this guy blaming his deficiencies on the club itself.We weren’t losing 66 nil before you got here ****.

Granted, we weren’t going a lot better but either do your job or resign and fuck off.

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
In a way I don't blame Mahoney for his comments. Surely the club needs to make sure the people who they stand up as leaders have the tools to cope in heated situations like yesterdays press conference. Clearly Mahoney is not presently "equipped" to be placed in a situation like this. Could anyone here imagine Jacko sprouting the rubbish that flowed yesterday? Just wouldn't happen.
Yes I’d agree. After such an emotional cataclysm of a game, as on Sunday, I would question why he was (as usual) sent out to front the media (or at least he should have been told to take a deep breath & be well pre-briefed to keep his responses “Bennett-like” - max 2 word sentences of single syllable words).
We have all had times where we’ve said things we immediately regret. I’ll just forget his comments and try to move on. Not sure they really meant too much at that moment.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont see anyone else that deserves it tbh

Say what you want about the bloke, but he puts in a shit ton of effort cause he has shit team mates that cant even hold a fuckin ball nor run
He tries hard that’s about it.

His on field temperament has been poor. Not leading from the front with form either. His comments last night were completely tone deaf and insulting to the fans

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Reed, Its not disloyal to "boo" to show displeasure at a team. The fans love the club, they're upset with how you're representing it.
For future reference, the correct response to that question was "we deserved it. The way we performed today was unacceptable and I want to apologise to our fans".

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If he wants his loyalty back from some fans he needs to earn it.
Thing is the kid has already earnt it... The kid is literally getting himself knocked out for a W so honestly the only blokes to blame for this and whom should really be apologising is his peers who decided to throw the kid the captaincy.

Should have never let Jacko retire this year. Never!

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My thoughts exactly!

yesterday was a massive learning curve for many... Even the most experienced of them all Gus Gould.