Social Media Reece Walsh signs with Brisbane, CNK to Warriors

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just saw on facebook Walsh to Broncos, Nikoll-Klokstadt to play fullback for NZ. Not sure if true but takes Walsh off the market it true. I thought Cobbo was supposed to be Broncos fullback in the future, either way it’ll make them a real threat

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like we aren't buying a new fullback for 23 or 24. We need to throw whatever we have (however much that is) at improving our 7 including playing Burton there and signing Munster to play 6. I really see that signing as the most important we could make and the thing that would improve us the most. Then if we have anything left sign a decent prop then winger. Kiraz needs to play centre.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
So what would be the warriors backline in 2023. I would like to see this.. probably wont happen, but imo they really need some experience in the centres. Walker back to his roots and CNK hasn't held up at fullback and will be better for his body changing positions.
1. Metcalf
2. DWZ
3. Walker
4. CNK
5. Arthars / Montoya

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
So what would be the warriors backline in 2023. I would like to see this.. probably wont happen, but imo they really need some experience in the centres. Walker back to his roots and CNK hasn't held up at fullback and will be better for his body changing positions.
1. Metcalf
2. DWZ
3. Walker
4. CNK
5. Arthars / Montoya
But DWZ is a rockstar fullback?

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We don’t need him averillo is amazing wing/prop/half are prioritys I feel

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
1. Metcalf
2. DWZ
3. Walker
4. CNK
5. Arthars / Montoya
metcalf was signed as a half wasnt he

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
metcalf was signed as a half wasnt he
I think so, but I can't see Volkam and Metcalf being a stable halves pairing... Imo they also need to move Johnson on, unless he picks his form up now they are back in NZ.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think so, but I can't see Volkam and Metcalf being a stable halves pairing... Imo they also need to move Johnson on, unless he picks his form up now they are back in NZ.
yeh be interesting how they play out johnson and fit them all in, you maybe right, play metcalf at fullback or centre

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
yeh be interesting how they play out johnson and fit them all in, you maybe right, play metcalf at fullback or centre
Yeah Its a difficult time for the warriors, especially if Egan is definitely going to dolphins. They could well field the most inexperienced spine in the league.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yeah Its a difficult time for the warriors, especially if Egan is definitely going to dolphins. They could well field the most inexperienced spine in the league.
ok havnt heard of the hooker going also

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
ok havnt heard of the hooker going also
Someone mentioned on another thread earlier that Bailey Sironen and Wayde Egan could be off to Dolphins. Makes sense if the don't want to live in NZ.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
NZ is a basket case, no players or coaches want to go their. Luke Metcalf is the next talented young player who will properly only stay in NZ for half his contract while he establishes himself as a first grade player.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
NZ is a basket case, no players or coaches want to go their. Luke Metcalf is the next talented young player who will properly only stay in NZ for half his contract while he establishes himself as a first grade player.
What I don’t understand is why they haven’t been more successful in recruiting guys from Union. The NRL pays far better and there’s only about 30 or so spots for the All Blacks anyway. Why not try and recruit guys who are happy to actually live in NZ?

Artybulldog 26

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
Reaction score
Guys Egan and Sironen going was a joke take off some Insta page. Complete fake news!

Malla

Reaction score
Yeah but it's not their fault. The NRL should be doing more for them. Covid raped them up the ass they have not been able to develop their own players in 2.5 years, they have been away from home, they've made some signings while in Aus but as we now see those players don't want to live in NZ. It's pretty poor form from the NRL to just leave the Warriors be like this.

You would have expected some sort of support in helping them with rebuilding their junior base in NZ. I don't even think their reserves have been playing regular footy in 2 years either.

As far as Reece Walsh goes, he has huge potential, but I am surprised he went to Broncos. Would have thought Dolphins would be his pick.

Surely Broncos are a few mil above the cap now? Signed Cobbo, Staggs on big money, Reynolds on big money. Farmsworth just resigned I am pretty sure and so has Oates. Haas still on the books, Carrigan worth a bit more now. Fuck their squad is awesome. They go close too grand final next year.

Malla

Reaction score
Ok so bit more info
Peter O’Sullivan works for Dolphins and he was instrumental in getting Walsh across to Warriors to begin with. Warriors sense a bit of dubiousness with the release request as they think he will go to dolphins and follow Sullivan and have now said they will block the release if it isn’t to the Broncos. Sounds like media bullshit created by Walsh’s manager that he was going to Broncos to begin with and he was going to do a dodgy and sign with the dolphins. This is a player who was caught on the rack earlier this year. Why do teams bend over backwards for these type of dick heads