Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Should the bulldogs make Reynolds priority number one target for 2022?

• Total voters

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
IF Green retires AND Benji isn't signed, he would probably be the best remaining option. Certainly has experience, and has played in every spot in the spine at the top level, so comes with a bit of flexibility. Hopefully we do better, but given our track record we are going to struggle with our recruitment, and I wouldn't be unhappy with getting this bloke for 1 or 2 seasons on the cheap.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
At his best, he was a very threatening half, but he hasn't been at his best for a very long time and looked unfit last time I seen him..

If green doesn't eventuate, 1 year on minimum wage won't be a big risk, but could be rewarding if he gets fit and finds some form..

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
NEVER rated this guy. I'd be sticking with what we have if Green retires and we can't sign Benji (unless we can get Burton a year early or someone else on contract).

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Released by the Titans.....that's says it all. Why the hell would be buying a Tits reject? Think about it...Tits (shit team) dont want Robers. Penrith (good team) want to keep Burton. Who's the better option?

Thank god for once we're actually doing the right thing and going after the good player the good team want instead of going after the crap player the crap team dont want
Titans are looking strong for next year. They already have Brimson, Boyd, Taylor, Fogarty, and Peachey who can play where Roberts usually plays. We have Lewis, Averillo, Wakeham, JMK, and maybe Green. And JMK is our current first choice #9.

To put into some perspective, T. Roberts has played 59 more games than Lewis, Averillo, Wakeham, and JMK combined.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Titans are looking strong for next year. They already have Brimson, Boyd, Taylor, Fogarty, and Peachey who can play where Roberts usually plays. We have Lewis, Averillo, Wakeham, JMK, and maybe Green. And JMK is our current first choice #9.

To put into some perspective, T. Roberts has played 59 more games than Lewis, Averillo, Wakeham, and JMK combined.
its a big no from me

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Never rated him... 100% we should stay away from him.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I would rather benji over
Green and Roberts

but fuck me, we need Burton and grant to finally start this rebuild!

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Fair call. Maybe "average team" was the right term. The point was that they're not a top tier team yet.

Comparing their roster to ours is just depressing. You didnt even mention the new guys they have coming...Tino and Fifita. I also get a feeling they may land B. Smith.

Weren't they a basket case like us not too long ago...how they did improve their roster so quickly?

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fair call. Maybe "average team" was the right term. The point was that they're not a top tier team yet.

Comparing their roster to ours is just depressing. You didnt even mention the new guys they have coming...Tino and Fifita. I also get a feeling they may land B. Smith.

Weren't they a basket case like us not too long ago...how they did improve their roster so quickly?
Very much so, but even without the players they have starting next season they have shown good improvement this season, and took a couple of decent scalps along the way. No doubt the new coach is a big factor, but don't say that too loudly, it's a bit of a sore point with some TK members...

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
At his best, he was a very threatening half, but he hasn't been at his best for a very long time and looked unfit last time I seen him..

If green doesn't eventuate, 1 year on minimum wage won't be a big risk, but could be rewarding if he gets fit and finds some form..
Id rather Tolman in the 7 jersey

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
NEVER rated this guy. I'd be sticking with what we have if Green retires and we can't sign Benji (unless we can get Burton a year early or someone else on contract).
He is a good player, has plenty of skill about him but cannot control a game the shizz.... Rocks and diamonds all day. Would rather Benji if we dont get Burton or both.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Couldn't tackle for shit though.

Made Cogger look like Gillespie.