Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Should the bulldogs make Reynolds priority number one target for 2022?

• Total voters

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Anyone watching the raiders game?
this kids carving.

We should chase him an offer a lucrative yet humble contract- 500.

he's got it. going strength to strength. Nasheed.
Who is Tom Sterling?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I think we should sign Adam Keighran back. Currently off contract at the Warriors and is only 23. Be a great player to have don the 6 in reserve grade. I think Barrett was still at Penrith when he was in their reserve squad.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
I'm a little sick to death at the way our club Procrastinates a bit in recruitment, then makes uninspired dodgy choice (waddel, long term contracts for Crichton and the Lichaa etc).
I'm a recruiting connoisseur. Did it for years:

mths i is my manifesto on how we pull ourselves out from the mess from here.

first.
Let's deal with our problem players.
Green
Hoppa

for unrelated reasons, these are our two biggest problems. One isn't going to see much first grade and the other is a highly paid ball of blob.

Green.
Ask him to voluntarily retire. As a reward he can get an off field job for good money, and a pathway to a coaching career with us. Something he is stated as wanting to pursue.
we make his dreams happen in return for his retirement signature. And bam! He is off the books. In comes Marshall, who will be an easy acquisition because of jmk.

Hoppa.
Melbourne are crying for an experienced centre. They initiated the Harry Grant and Paul mamironovski swap.All for a centre.
Between us, Nasheed and the kennel, we know Hoppas lost it.
So let's offer him to Melbourne in return for JAC. It's a deal I'm sure can be worked out with not too much fuss.

now we sorted that out, let's identify what else we need.

hooker
Prop
Fullback
Half
Centre

centre - we get Stephen Crichton for 2022
We tell him we will offer him 450 and keep his dud brother employee for the same amount of time, Stephen cannot say no. It'll wreck his family if he did. Let's play emotional chess with these guys.

The others,
We use Ali Laundy and his network of hotels to good use here.
Let him keep his cheap sponsor deal, and let's find players WE WANT and look into their families. See who's struggling in life.
Get Laundy to delegate them employment in his pubs. Whatever rabbit hole we can stash them in.
Brandon smiths mum may work part time at a jewellery shop?
Let's offer her a full time bartender gig at 90k a year
Maybe Payne Haas dad is a labourer in the ports.
Let's hook him up as head of security at ya goons hotel, staines mum may have dreamt of going to Disneyland. Let's buy her two delta tickets for Florida.

And so forth. Basically use the company connections to hook up those around the players.

maybe chad townsends dad has a fruit delivery business?
great! Let's employ me Townsend to hook up the various league club entities.

Let's use family how we can.
We will get anyone. Send the proxies in ti get out if contracts.

we can also be super dodgy and get some players to 'win jackpots' at various Laundy hotels.
Surely someone knows a software engineer wink wink who can make it happen.

there you go.
Nasheed and the team have solved every issue we face.
I'm sure roosters do it.

Pick your player and I'll make it happen.nasheed.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I think we should sign Adam Keighran back. Currently off contract at the Warriors and is only 23. Be a great player to have don the 6 in reserve grade. I think Barrett was still at Penrith when he was in their reserve squad.
Thought he went alright today ...

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
He would go well in reserve grade but we can't sign a player to dominate reserves. If we sign a reserve grader, it needs to be someone that we can hope kicks on to be a dominant first grader one day. Or at the least an experienced head like Benji who can monitor the rest of the puppies and teach them a thing or two.
Keighran seems to sit in that zone that 90% of players that get discarded end up in. Too good for reserves, but will never be dominant in first grade.
I don't really follow park or bush footy anymore, but I reckon they would be full of first grade talent Or former first grade talent, in the sense that they could hold their own, but not be a true value add for a squad.
Probably the best case Forward for expansion.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not sure when Ryan Papenhuyzen is off contract but would love to see this guy in the blue and white scoring tries

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Not sure when Ryan Papenhuyzen is off contract but would love to see this guy in the blue and white scoring tries
Melbourne forever now. They cheated the cap to keep him Hughes and Drinkwater despite rivals offers until they decided who they wanted

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Melbourne forever now. They cheated the cap to keep him Hughes and Drinkwater despite rivals offers until they decided who they wanted
Papenhuyzen was offered to every single club at the start of 2019 and 15 clubs passed on him...

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Papenhuyzen was offered to every single club at the start of 2019 and 15 clubs passed on him...
Tigers didn't want to lose him intially so I'm pretty sure they would have taken him back. I heard that mentioned before and don't believe it for a second

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Titans have released him, with all the talk for benji who would prefer this guy instead as an experienced half for 2021

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Got to see what happens with Green first ASAP. If there’s a way out they really need to find it, no use having Green for half a season.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Released by the Titans.....that's says it all. Why the hell would be buying a Tits reject? Think about it...Tits (shit team) dont want Robers. Penrith (good team) want to keep Burton. Who's the better option?

Thank god for once we're actually doing the right thing and going after the good player the good team want instead of going after the crap player the crap team dont want