Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Should the bulldogs make Reynolds priority number one target for 2022?

• Total voters

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
At least those Bronco's run on an angle and offload, how long until Pay comes under the spot light?

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
At least those Bronco's run on an angle and offload, how long until Pay comes under the spot light?
I know he's a rookie coach, but he doesn't appear to have brought much to the table from last season

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’m hesitant after he completely fucked over Newcastle. But he would attract a shit load of talent including TPJ. As long as Boyd doesn’t follow I’d be happy
Wayne did a lot of great things in Newcastle and especially with their junior programs.. I wouldn't say he fucked them over

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's simple, Wayne can coach/advisor and the contracts done by the Hill and Anderson. Pay/ Bennett to tell them who they want and that's it.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agree , and he only won his premierships when. The groonks were essentially the qld side , now with cowboys and titans and storm getting qld talent he has won fark all.

Saints he inherited a side that just had to win the final game and left them in a mess like the knights.

Also with broncos confirmed having the most TPA, they are spending the most (even outspent eels when they cheated the cap ) and didn't win squat . Now look at his squad already on the downhill after griffin built it up
Exactly. Sure he has coached more games
then anyone else, and he has won a few premierships, but he hardly did it the hard way.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
O
Georgallis and Penna. Both failures.
Have you actually bothered to see how our ISP team is going? Or are you just bagging him out because you can?
Our ISP team has been really good these past years since georgalis took over. Penna on the other hand is a hasler hack.
We should get someone like noddy in to assist pay.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
If Bellamy finishes up this year waiting to start at Broncos 2020, why don't we sign Bellyache fir next year to mentor Pay and implement a blueprint for our future. One year of guidance from him could greatly assist?

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know he's a rookie coach, but he doesn't appear to have brought much to the table from last season
Our attack looks far more likely this year than in previous years even if the results don't show it. I think its more of a roster/individual errors problem than the fact pay can't coach. We've been well in the game against nearly every good side (roosters, souths, brisbane, penrith, cronulla).

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
I haven't read all the other comments but why not bring Bellamy here for 1year before he heads to the Broncos as some sort of role. Pay has worked for him before and bellyache has a yearto waste.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i know it won’t happen, but I don’t think it would be beyond ridiculous to offer Bellamy a 1 year coaching advisor role to guide Pay especially with all the young guys we will now have in the team in 2019.

Would also solve his 1 year out of the game problem....

I don’t know, we need something next year to inspire.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
As if he will spend a year building up a team that he will know he won’t be at long term.

It’s a bit like Hasler I think he never gave a crap because he was guaranteed money all along so win lose or draw there was no difference. Thus his recruitment and retention went to crap.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
O

Have you actually bothered to see how our ISP team is going? Or are you just bagging him out because you can?
Our ISP team has been really good these past years since georgalis took over. Penna on the other hand is a hasler hack.
We should get someone like noddy in to assist pay.
ISP is going OK, but not one of the players has improved. They still play the same boring brand of footy.
Theres some good kids there who just need some proper coaching. Georgalis isnt doing that.

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
In light of recent events regarding players leaving and coming and our cap situation what would the recruitment strategy be of kennel members?

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Build the team around Klemmer, Jackson and RFM, by the best young guns at fullback, hooker, a centre/winger and a half!

Be patient....

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Build the team around Klemmer, Jackson and RFM, by the best young guns at fullback, hooker, a centre/winger and a half!

Be patient....
Do you think the opposition quakes in their boots at the thought of facing those 3? I really don't think they would even read the tip sheets on them. That's the problem. We invested way too much money on blokes who aren't game breakers. Yes they do a job but we can't build a premiership team on those blokes.

BankstownBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need some size and athleticism/speed in our outside backs.

Fuck I wish we got our hands on Kaylan Ponga.
I’m happy to keep Warren McDonnel but I would almost give my left nut to have Peter Mullholland scouting talent for us too.

Be patient....

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Offer Nathan Cleary 1.5 Million per season for 5 years from 2020 and lock up the best 20 junior players on 6 year deals from next year on $350k, and then the remaining 9 players on $110k = 9.5million salary cap + Premiership:smirk:...Simple