Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Should the bulldogs make Reynolds priority number one target for 2022?

• Total voters

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
BULLDOGS

Nick Cotric is already on his way over to spark the Bulldogs’ backline but Trent Barrett will still have plenty of money to splash around.

The forward pack isn’t an issue at the moment but with Adam Elliott, Joe Stimson and Aidan Tolman all a chance of leaving there could be a serious gap to fill.

Super League front rower Matty Lees has garnered plenty of interest and is keen for a move to the NRL.

He could be a solid option for the Dogs to pursue if needed.

Most of the money though needs to spent on their spine.

Their plans will depend greatly on the decision made around Kieran Foran’s future.

If he doesn’t stay on the reduced deal the Bulldogs will definitely need to go after an experienced playmaker but outside of Blake Green the options are slim there.

If Foran does remain at Belmore, the Bulldogs do have options in Lachlan Lewis, Brandon Wakeham and Jack Cogger – although the latter’s future is still up in the air.

None have been able to stamp their authority in the team though.

If Barrett is looking for someone else to come in and partner Foran, the best options on the market are Tristan Sailor, Tyrone May and Jai Field.

May is understood to be close to a deal with Penrith though so he may be hard to take over.

The Bulldogs are already developing a really well-balanced back five but if they want more spark they could look towards poaching Manly gun Albert Hopoate as a long-term option.

Alex Johnston and Storm fill-in fullback Nicho Hynes could also be worth considering.

The hooker position has also posed a problem for the Bulldogs with Jeremy Marshall-King not owning the role as expected.

The options out there are slim but both Tom Starling and Connor Watson could be worth pursuing although Watson is more of a utility than out-and-out hooker.

From foxsports.
Good points..Alex Johnston 100% should be targeted.. i also agree on Tom Starling, would love to see them work on bringing either Marty Tapau or Finucane back to the club if we lose Tolman and Elliot.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recall him running the ball on the right edge early in his career. Could be a handy halves pairing with Burton if we could sign them.
No thanks brooks is a turnstyle in defence and has not improved atall the last few years. Don’t rate him atall and don’t think he is much better then what we have already

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Geez there is not much to pick from is there.
As much as i like Brandon Smith i think we need a fast dummy half with the new rules.
Who i dont know!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
No thanks brooks is a turnstyle in defence and has not improved atall the last few years. Don’t rate him atall and don’t think he is much better then what we have already
Depends if tigers pay a chunk of his salary. Personally I think Barrett could get something out of him, wouldn't be my first choice but I wouldnt cry if he did come.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Geez there is not much to pick from is there.
As much as i like Brandon Smith i think we need a fast dummy half with the new rules.
Who i dont know!
Tom Starling is all there is gotta get him imo

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I haven't seen enough of him.
Me neither but then I watched his junior highlights... Not worried about his opposition at all however his passing and kicking was solid. Will regret not picking him up imo

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

You can throw out any name.

Someone will convince you it's a bad signing.

Meanwhile our Britt, JMk Napa and Tolman pack run out every week.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Already signed
-Thompson
-Cotric

Should retain/extend
-Elliott
-Foran

Should sign
-B. Smith
-Burton

This is minimum (at least players alike), anything else is a bonus.

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: I heard off the chimpster and morondog they suck men’s toes...... also they said burton is close to being a done deal and now pangai jr is seriously looked at now