Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Should the bulldogs make Reynolds priority number one target for 2022?

• Total voters

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd offer a 2 year 1.3 million contract with behaviour clauses.
Why dont you just round it up to a Million dollars a season ...
So it was you that helped Dib and co balance the books ....

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn’t pay overs though nasheed made some good points I’m still in the nothing to lose side of the fence while we at it heard cuthbertson got a take it or leave it offer what do youse reakon on him

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Absolutely not. We need talent and I'm not against going for players with a chequered past but Roberts is on the verge of imploding and self destructing and doesn't look like his heart is in the game. I hope he gets the help he needs because footy should be the least of his concerns right now.

There are plenty of other centres that are or will be available that offer better value for money and come with way less risk.

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He's out of favour with Siebold and Bennett has denied that Souths are interested. I don't care what he's like I just want a genuine first grade centre playing in the centres.... Dogs should make an offer.
He's average but alot less average than what we have at the moment. So that's a yes for now. Just ban him from booze and crack

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We are stuck with a team full of reserve graders and anchored to the bottom of the ladder and people are still worried about Roberts? What could he possibly do? Make us lose more games? Okunbor and Montoya is already doing that for you.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Who?

Go Dogs
It's debatable as to who will be available and who won't but Scott, Ramien, Staggs and Aitken for starters.

Then there are plenty of youngsters at other clubs who barely play or have yet to make their debut who just need an opportunity and would be far hungrier and more determined than Roberts would be.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
We are stuck with a team full of reserve graders and anchored to the bottom of the ladder and people are still worried about Roberts? What could he possibly do? Make us lose more games? Okunbor and Montoya is already doing that for you.
Actually Montoya played pretty well last weekend.

Go Dogs

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We need to see how Harper goes in FG also and should give Reimis a shot in the centres to see if they can fill the void short term.

We have talented juniors in Wakeham, Harper, Katoa and To'omaga. They just need to be given a consistent run in FG to prove themselves the way Okunbur has.

Obviously we still need to recruit in many positions, especially hooker but we may have players that can fill some of those spots within our lower grades. Those deserving of a call up need to play to see if they are good enough to handle FG.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
It's debatable as to who will be available and who won't but Scott, Ramien, Staggs and Aitken for starters.
I have no idea where the Ramien thing came from but he ain't goin' nowhere, he moved there to be close to his daughter and she hasn't moved.
Since Brisbane are going so great (not), Staggs is slipping down the list. But he is off contract his year, so worth keeping an eye on.
Curtis Scott, seriously, and you think Roberts has off field issues. Plus a broken leg and now a broken foot, OMG another Foran (I can hear TK exploding).
Aitken has a contract for this year and next year.

Then there are plenty of youngsters at other clubs who barely play or have yet to make their debut who just need an opportunity and would be far hungrier and more determined than Roberts would be.
There are plenty on here that will claim speed is the only thing that matters and he isn't called Jimmy the Jet for nothing.

Go Dogs

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Staggs isn’t off contract/ I wish he was though he’s gonna be a gun I think

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Broncos would be paying some freight on him so he’d take up little cap room and we could put a clause in his contract that any problems and he’s gone. It’s little risk for a big reward. I’d take the punt.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's the deal breaker for me. They need a centre, he's a SOO centre, Brisbane don't want him (even though they are going shit) and he wants to come home to the Wabbits. Whatever his issues are even Bennett couldn't fix them at Brisbane and he doesn't believe that they are fixed now or that he could fix them at Souths. Pretty much says it all.

Sign him on a game by game contract at our option, one slip up and he's outa here (like we did with Suli, so he knows we will mean it).

Go Dogs
Bennett might’ve already locked in Latrell

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I have no idea where the Ramien thing came from but he ain't goin' nowhere, he moved there to be close to his daughter and she hasn't moved.
Since Brisbane are going so great (not), Staggs is slipping down the list. But he is off contract his year, so worth keeping an eye on.
Curtis Scott, seriously, and you think Roberts has off field issues. Plus a broken leg and now a broken foot, OMG another Foran (I can hear TK exploding).
Aitken has a contract for this year and next year.

There are plenty on here that will claim speed is the only thing that matters and he isn't called Jimmy the Jet for nothing.

Go Dogs
I agree Ramien is unlikely but if there is any chance or one shred of truth to the BS rumours then he should be targeted.

Staggs probably will stay with Roberts leaving and Bird injured.

Scott isn't in the same ballpark as Roberts in terms of off field issues and showed what he can do last game.

Aitken is on the outer as Lomax is their priority and Aitken is off the bench so he'll likely get an early release.

The problem is, Roberts doesn't offer much else but speed. Obviously he's a danger on any loose ball or in space but he isn't the smartest footballer, is an unwilling and average defender and has little skill with the ball.. Add to that his recent and past indiscretions and I see it as a waste of money.

It's all moot anyway as if he is released, I doubt he'll want to join our club languishing at the bottom of the table.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's out of favour with Siebold and Bennett has denied that Souths are interested. I don't care what he's like I just want a genuine first grade centre playing in the centres.... Dogs should make an offer.
For the RIGHT price. If the Broncos want him out offer them 250k

QLDdogsfan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Plays a couple of good games each year. More trouble then he's worth, spends half the game limping around and grimising in pain.
Good player when he decides he wants to be involved, but far to inconsistent we would be much better off going after Scott or if Ramiens unhappy at Newcastle have a crack at him.