Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Should the bulldogs make Reynolds priority number one target for 2022?

• Total voters

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
What we should be doing is making sure we sign the NEXT player equivalent to Latrell Mitchell. He’s too expensive now and has no reason to come to us.
Spot on! This is why you need the junior recruitment to be spot on and identify these players at Jersey Flegg level.

Once they are fully developed super stars its just too expensive to buy them.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Would fail, it would involve a TPA between the player (Jack Johnson) and an official of the club (John Smith). Hence does not qualify as a third party agreement.

Go Dogs
Who is jack johnston?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
What we should be doing is making sure we sign the NEXT player equivalent to Latrell Mitchell. He’s too expensive now and has no reason to come to us.
We missed out on Jangala Bennet (Sharks snared him for 2 years), we missed out on Brayden and Glenn McGrady (2 years to Penrith).

Bennett was coming through the union system and Sharks snagged him though union had him earmarked a future superstar. Lots to like about him and is touted as better than Ponga at the same age.

Brayden McGrady is a cracker of a signing for Penrith (though still injured). Glenn not that bad either.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Well the Club said they wanted a "franchise player" and that is what he is so, yes!

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
We aren't talking about legal and legitimate means to sign players here.
That's how clubs do it to skirt the cap and bump up players salaries on the sly.
It would have to be a whole lot more inventive than that, even a blind cap auditor could see straight through that.
There is no reason why we can't be just as inventive as anyone else. Does Mitchell want to go to Harvard, or maybe Oxford?

Go Dogs

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Spot on! This is why you need the junior recruitment to be spot on and identify these players at Jersey Flegg level.
Once they are fully developed super stars its just too expensive to buy them.
A perfectly good idea, but the fact is it won't help us next year. When we do have ~$2m to spend after all.

Go Dogs

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Did you ever ask yourselves...Why did we sign his brother after the Rorters ditched him ??? :tonguewink:

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We missed out on Jangala Bennet (Sharks snared him for 2 years), we missed out on Brayden and Glenn McGrady (2 years to Penrith).

Bennett was coming through the union system and Sharks snagged him though union had him earmarked a future superstar. Lots to like about him and is touted as better than Ponga at the same age.

Brayden McGrady is a cracker of a signing for Penrith (though still injured). Glenn not that bad either.
Nice to know we were in the hunt for the next big thing. Pity we lost those gun juniors to the Tigers

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did you ever ask yourselves...Why did we sign his brother after the Rorters ditched him ??? :tonguewink:
Have we actually signed him? He hasn’t been sighted anywhere. I thought he might have started for Cabramatta but he hasn’t been playing for them.

gee333

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Honestly I would want to see consistent seasons from him. Yes it will just drive up the price tag but he is now becoming a face of the game so media endorsements etc. He has a hot head also and has been in trouble off the field. So I wouldnt be prepared to throw over a million dollars a season. He wants to be closer to the action Id like to see him play 5/8 also I dont think any centre bar Inglis is worth $1 million. No one is bigger then the club remember that 'next big thing/centre' we had? Jamal was his name..... Look what happened to him!!
this guy is every bit Inglis though

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
this guy is every bit Inglis though
I would pay approximately $1.2 ml if not more for him as the new X factor
If Foran breaks and is gone by 2020 he will be our 5/8
If Meaney doesn't live up to the expectations he would be the fullback
Come November we should do the impossible to get him for 2021
This is my opinion !!!

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Game changer capable of what he can do... worth every penny
I don't agree at all.. for one he has in no way shown enough consistency .. and having 18% of your salary cap in one player is just poor management

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't agree at all.. for one he has in no way shown enough consistency .. and having 18% of your salary cap in one player is just poor management
I watch chook games often and he's always impressed... I can't recall him to ever be inconsistent.

Who cares anyway, no way he's leaving Bondi

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
It would have to be a whole lot more inventive than that, even a blind cap auditor could see straight through that.
There is no reason why we can't be just as inventive as anyone else. Does Mitchell want to go to Harvard, or maybe Oxford?

Go Dogs
How could they? Cap auditors don't know anything in regards to players partners or players personal bank accounts, nor leagues clubs accounts, or club sponsors accounts.

Deals are done in boardrooms with backhanders provided to players. It only comes to light if a disgruntled employee squeals.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And please tell me one good reason why Mitchell would want to leave a powerhouse like the roosters and come to the dog house...not even 12 million would convince him....