Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Should the bulldogs make Reynolds priority number one target for 2022?

• Total voters

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Keep who we have, circle wagons, buy youngsters and raise the next crop. In 3 years time add some key marquee signings to the youth we have unearthed. Release the deadwood as their contracts expire. Use the pain of the next 3 years to forge our identity and train hard. Ask for help from no-one and tell all the other scab clubs to fuk off. Piss off backended contracts, ratchet clauses and never pay for a player to play against us again.

Last edited:

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not really a strategy to help the bulldogs but cya
The club has already come out and said they won’t recruit stars for 3 years and they are shopping the current ‘star’ players. The club must hope that Klemmer doesn’t get fed up of all those lean years when he is 27 and every club in the league will want his signature

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The strategy is clear mate. We are releasing big earning players like Mbye and Woods to free up cash and are basing our strategy on future developments of young players.

Short term pain

The long game

Trouble is we last won a competition when I was 24

I’m now staring 40 in the face and still waiting for another

FFS

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Keep who we have, circle wagons, buy youngsters and raise the next crop. In 3 years time add some key marquee signings to the youth we have unearthed. Use the pain of the next 3 years to forge our identity and train hard. Ask for help from no-one and tell all the other scab clubs to fuk off. Piss off backended contracts, ratchet clauses and never pay for a player to play against us again.
Start by trying to offload underperforming players or those who will never allow us to be a premiership threat. Eg Hoppa,Montoya,Elliott,Tolman
Next step try and get as much as possible for Woods and Foran
Last option would be Mbye Klemmer or Jackson who we might get full freight.
Pay a bit more for best up and coming 20s and isp players on longer deals so we may get some good football from before their market value goes up.
Warren McDonnell is recruiting well for our 18s and 20s who are showing vast improvements this year. We will reap the benefits in a couple of years.
We can thank Hasbeen and Cleal for this mess.
But we are moving forward.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Get rid of the dead wood and RAID the other clubs best juniors. Remember patience pays off.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We can't just sign a bunch of promising juniors and hope they will kill it, we have to ve smart and makes sure we pick up the RIGHT ones. We also need to sit back and try and pickup some other clubs scraps when they look to move on some players. We also need to bring in some more experience as we're currently lacking that. Also fuck Foran off, the bloke is a fucking anchor. Next target should be Sione Katoa (sharks)

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The strategy is clear mate. We are releasing big earning players like Mbye and Woods to free up cash and are basing our strategy on future developments of young players.

Short term pain

The long game

FFS

Ha your my age,
I was just saying the same thing last night to a mate

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you think the opposition quakes in their boots at the thought of facing those 3? I really don't think they would even read the tip sheets on them. That's the problem. We invested way too much money on blokes who aren't game breakers. Yes they do a job but we can't build a premiership team on those blokes.
Agree with this......those players are not game breakers yet they are getting .million dollar contracts

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Short term pain

The long game

FFS
I was 22 when we won that comp, so like you I’m staring that same number in the face

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We must get rid of the deadwood this year and next year. Nathan Cleary, Dufty & RCG all off contract next year.

First of all i would offer Nathan Cleary a $7m 5 year deal from 2020 onwards.

We took the General and Josh Morris away early and its time we strike again with Dufty.

We also need to sign a couple of first graders and not edge all bets "on promising juniors"

2020 team consisting of

1. Dufty
2. Crichton
3. Lewis
4. Fusitua
5. Isaako
6. Wakeham
7. Cleary
8. Klemmer
9. Woolford
10. RCG
11. RFM
12. Martin
13. Jackson

14. JMK
15. Ogden
16. Toomaga
17. Another forward from juniours

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't know why everyone is stressing? We still have a strong core group and some of great juniors and youngsters. The next couple of years maybe tough going but it will be good because we will build a new culture based on being tough underdogs. We will be a force in 2020-2021-2022 without a doubt.

Now add Lewis.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
We must get rid of the deadwood this year and next year. Nathan Cleary, Dufty & RCG all off contract next year.

First of all i would offer Nathan Cleary a $7m 5 year deal from 2020 onwards.

We took the General and Josh Morris away early and its time we strike again with Dufty.

We also need to sign a couple of first graders and not edge all bets "on promising juniors"

2020 team consisting of

1. Dufty
2. Crichton
3. Lewis
4. Fusitua
5. Isaako
6. Wakeham
7. Cleary
8. Klemmer
9. Woolford
10. RCG
11. RFM
12. Martin
13. Jackson

14. JMK
15. Ogden
16. Toomaga
17. Another forward from juniours
Totally dreaming.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We can't just sign a bunch of promising juniors and hope they will kill it, we have to ve smart and makes sure we pick up the RIGHT ones. We also need to sit back and try and pickup some other clubs scraps when they look to move on some players. We also need to bring in some more experience as we're currently lacking that. Also fuck Foran off, the bloke is a fucking anchor. Next target should be Sione Katoa (sharks)
Most importantly bring in Lewis to the NRL and let him get as much time as possible next to Foran before anything... I'm for grabbing Katoa, lil bit of extra speed wont hurt.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What I don’t understand is why ain’t other teams circulating rfm? He has everything you could want in a player, slight step and footwork, a offload and runs hard at the line. His a all rounder and I can’t for the life of me understand why in the media it’s all about mbye. Woods is next in line and I couldn’t give a rats if he leaves. But if I was looking for a player from the dogs I’d be chasing rfm hard.

Anyway I suggest let’s just clean sweep most of the roster and start fresh. Yes we will lose some fan favourites but it’s not like we haven’t already. Blood some youngsters and see who is capable and the ones that ain’t move them on. Sign plenty of depth and then just build. We have no choice atm so it’s the only way to go.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The club seems to have the right plan. The older, under performing, and overpaid players will be let go.
There will be pain for a while, but we need to look at the long term.
The other thing is its fine recruiting young promising players, but we desperately need someone to nurture them in the lower grades.
Penna and Georgallis are just not cutting it.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The club seems to have the right plan. The older, under performing, and overpaid players will be let go.
There will be pain for a while, but we need to look at the long term.
The other thing is its fine recruiting young promising players, but we desperately need someone to nurture them in the lower grades.
Penna and Georgallis are just not cutting it.
Georgallis is good... Not sure about Penna ay.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Its going to be a tough couple of years but I like the new way we are heading. Recruit young kids with potential and build our own juniors. Then we can buy the right marquee player.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Cogger and crighton are good buys for now. I actually hope we release mybe and woods. It make our long term pain a lot shorter. I would be aiming at 2019 Recuitment drive. I would target backs