Opinion Reality Check

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Avo would look so much better playing behind a dominant set of forwards and a decent creative half.
A good preseason in the weights room would help with his confidence in the collision.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are still two big name forwards away from being able to keep up for 80 minutes.
Still a big name fullback away and a proper strike centre is also in need.
Our bench rotation is too weak and slow
and a halfback that can steer the side around the park.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Get Payne Haas to ask for a release again, then bring him to Belmore.
2. The Roosters need cap relief, see if they would chip in 200k (still saves them 500k) and bring over Jared Waerea-Hargreaves for a year or 2.
JWH would bring some much needed grunt.

Hate seeing The Dogs out muscled.

Reaction score
I am pretty sure weights wont help avo as its his ticker thats the problem if you dont like the contact .Someone needs to tell him to try another sport. I dont know how much money he is on but in my opinion it could be better spent hope Gus can see this .Also think there are plenty of players in the NRL who are over payed quite sure how ever the amount they get be better than working out in the hot sun actually working for a living.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
While obviously a good prospect everyone pinning our hopes on Skelton like it’s the only and last resort.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It does look like slim pickings when you see it. I think out of that list Marty Taupau could do the job. King and Vaughn have shown you don’t have to be a superstar to get the job done well.
We have a major issue with our props next season. The most alarming thing to me is the club don’t seem to have their eyes open to this.

King & TPJ are the only NRL level Props at the club. And both of them I think make better locks. Thompson I don’t think will be here next season. I hope they use his money wisely if he returns home.

Gus has made a massive double error from what I can see signing Sutton & letting Vaughan go. Sutton is a minimum wager at best. If even a top 30 player.

Patolo & Ava both have showed promise in the past but both failed to deliver what is needed this year.

I hope our scouts have been out and about watching NSW & QLD cup to find a couple of no nonsense big boppers.

RFM is the other option for an off-season training in the middle.

A successful NRL team need at least 6 Props in their 30. We have two up to standard as it stands for 2023.

Rassayri

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder what’s happened to RTS if he is happy I don’t follow union he would be an awesome signing

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have a major issue with our props next season. The most alarming thing to me is the club don’t seem to have their eyes open to this.

King & TPJ are the only NRL level Props at the club. And both of them I think make better locks. Thompson I don’t think will be here next season. I hope they use his money wisely if he returns home.

Gus has made a massive double error from what I can see signing Sutton & letting Vaughan go. Sutton is a minimum wager at best. If even a top 30 player.

Patolo & Ava both have showed promise in the past but both failed to deliver what is needed this year.

I hope our scouts have been out and about watching NSW & QLD cup to find a couple of no nonsense big boppers.

RFM is the other option for an off-season training in the middle.

A successful NRL team need at least 6 Props in their 30. We have two up to standard as it stands for 2023.
Well said and agreed.
When I see Patolo play I actually think Renouf and even Ogdan were better props. Surely Gus can see we need more grunt upfront. Sharks this year are testament to what big props with quick play balls can do for a team.

Reactions: CMP

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately untill we fuck @Flanagun off and get a decent halfback we will not compete.

SJ shoewd us this on the weekend. @Flanagun had nothing to counter SJ. SJ knew this. And wsrriors were never scared of losing the game

Big pappi

New Pup
Reaction score
Fuck all the quick fixes this is a few year rebuild at least...
These young fellahs will come good in a couple years and we be contending again soon

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Unfortunately untill we fuck @Flanagun off and get a decent halfback we will not compete.

SJ shoewd us this on the weekend. @Flanagun had nothing to counter SJ. SJ knew this. And wsrriors were never scared of losing the game
SJ has been rubbish for most of the year. Bloke is pretty overrated. He doesn’t exactly have a great make the finals to miss the finals ratio throughout his career.

He and his team capitalised on a tired side that has done too much travelling in recent weeks and only arrived in NZ 2 days before game day. That’s all there is to it.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
SJ has been rubbish for most of the year. Bloke is pretty overrated. He doesn’t exactly have a great make the finals to miss the finals ratio throughout his career.

He and his team capitalised on a tired side that has done too much travelling in recent weeks and only arrived in NZ 2 days before game day. That’s all there is to it.
Soo your saying you made SJ look better than he really is?

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I wonder what’s happened to RTS if he is happy I don’t follow union he would be an awesome signing
He made the super rugby final in first season and currently in the All Blacks

W Cup next year he’s not going anywhere

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He is a centre, never plsyed fullback, why the fuck do people on here want to play people out of position.....
This. Skelton is either a Centre, Winger or Edge forward - Massive no to fullback, he’s never played in this role and it’s a big ask for a unit like him. Let him just run hard lines, use that fend and attract defenders giving his outside winger space

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
I haven't seen Skelton play yet, but going by all reports his defence and positional play is not on par to FG standards. So if this is the case then why do people want to throw him straight into such an important position as FB? And in the NRL no less?

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Given your reply,
2 things are obvious:-
1) you haven’t got a clue
2)you haven’t got a clue.

He has a RU background; played 7s as centre/wing & flanker(2nd row) in the 15 version. Both totally different forms of the game & roles/positions. May I suggest you at the very least watch some footage of him (skill level,strength & speed)before embarrassing yourself with ignorant comments.
I think your comments and opinions would carry more weight if they carried a degree of politeness.