Reality check - We are still far off

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I would actually be interested to see who would win if they lined up against each other. I actually think the reserves could give us a touch up
I reckon they will put 30 on them. They play like they want to be in FG, FGers play like they are walking to the ATM to check their non-earnt pay cheques

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I reckon they will put 30 on them. They play like they want to be in FG, FGers play like they are walking to the ATM to check their non-earnt pay cheques
We’re stuck in this vacuum where players will only come to us for money. It’s so sad. They don’t give a fuck
Its starting to look like it’ll only ever change once we produce some absolutely outstanding juniors who can play key positions

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We need a dads army forward pack

Old man Flanno did the same with the sharts when they were a prem threat, Heighington, Luke Lewis, Gallen, Tagatese, Prior, Fifita

We need some seasoned veterans in the team. We lost Jackson & Vaughan and have rookie replacements.
Do you think Ciro is the man for the job because I'm honestly starting to think he isn't all that he seems.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Do you think Ciro is the man for the job because I'm honestly starting to think he isn't all that he seems.
I'm not worried, I think the issue is mainly cattle. He is an inexperienced coach so he will make mistakes.

The last thing we need to do is panic. Pretty sure Arthur got 2 spoons at Parra? Definitely did get 1 wooden spoon. If you trust what the coach is doing long term you have to stick by them.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
to me that is due to the confidence and shit effort players who continue to let each and every single team mate down.

Once they start playing for each other than we won’t see the little things make up for the wins. However Preston is on another fkn level
Preston is my fav player. Cant remember him making a dumb play ever. Gives 100% every week.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone saying gus is the saviour.
Why is it that we are down on troops and have heaps of cash to spend that not one move has been made towards now and the future.
So many talented players playing nsw cup at other clubs who are better than most of our nrl side.
Our future is bleak, we will be bottom 3 for along time to come.
Sadly
Happy to be proven otherwise

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Flange Snr signed a bunch of old hard forwards, got them on the peptides and won the comp. You cannot beat experience when it counts.

Panther were a young team but had to lose a GF in order to win one, they played so shit in their first GF vs Storm.
Matt Prior was lit that year. No one could tackle him he was a beast

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have half a spine.
And at best half a forward pack.

We lack depth - our great teams had bench players who were as good as the run on players.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm not worried, I think the issue is mainly cattle. He is an inexperienced coach so he will make mistakes.

The last thing we need to do is panic. Pretty sure Arthur got 2 spoons at Parra? Definitely did get 1 wooden spoon. If you trust what the coach is doing long term you have to stick by them.
I remember Gus' first few years at Penrith, where he had a dogshit team (pretty much us right now) and it took quite some time to get rid of the crap. It's telling when only Patalo is re-signed for one more year out of the lot off-contract. I reckon he and CC can't wait to fuck them off.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I would actually be interested to see who would win if they lined up against each other. I actually think the reserves could give us a touch up
They do in opposed sessions at training and they don't touch anyone up lol. Reserves and NRL are two totally different levels.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We may compete against the lesser teams but we are way behind against the top 4 teams. We were lucky to beat a Munster less Melbourne.

So far we've beaten Storm, Cowboys, Tigers, Dragons and Titans. Apart from Storm, none of those teams will make the eight.

Expect to get similar scorelines when we play the Panthers, Broncos, etc.

I'm no longer pissed. I've just come to terms and lowered my expectations.

Hopefully we get a few more props and a halfback to manage the game like Moses, DCE, Reynolds, etc
The sad reality is that even the big name players we recruit from other clubs don't play anywhere near their peak level at the Dogs. Burton, TPJ, Mahoney, Thompson etc and even Fox. The only conclusion is that there is too much dead weight at the club for them to carry. We've become the new Easts from the 1980's - the transit lounge club.

Joelmcevoy2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah i give up these players not first grade players there shitbdogs wont make the 8 til 5 years time

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just came back from the shit show how pathetic we have not improved at all honestly this shit is not acceptable

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
My biggest concerns are

1. the current regime not being able to tell the difference between first grade standard players and reserve grade standard players
2. the club giving serious consideration to using cap space n top 30 spots to forwards such as Edwards and Okunbor in 2024
3. lack of recognition of the need for quality middle forwards
Nah ain’t no way we are keeping Okunbor next year…

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score

True, the Kennel gets carried with itself during pre season and trial games etc...
expectations are too high romanticised with the concept of a new head coach who's coming from the best club and a few new players and "heart and soul, Prince of Belmore" coming home to save the day and revive the team culture that's been MIA.

You couldn't question anything in here pre season without being hurled abuse. We've fallen for these traps for years it pays to not get one's hopes up too high just because Gus says things are going to be amazing this season blah blah blah and so on and so forth.

Having said that. If the club is shit by mid to late next season he'll be sacked, there's nothing surer