Opinion Realistic Transfer Targets

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How are players like Hosking and Lindsay Smith unrealistic? They'll likely be forced out of the Panthers due to cap pressure
Hosking isn’t, he’s on my list

Lindsay smith will be retained by Penrith so it’s unrealistic

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sele and Seyfarth are musts.

Smith and May are future top shelf props.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
CTW: Kayal Iro
Halves: Nihwai Puru
Hooker / 14: Adrian Trevilyan
Lock: Hohepa Puru
FRF: Terrell May + any Sharks front rower that gets left out at full strength, Hazleton hopefully.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just a casual bump of this thread as wit the signing of drew Hutchinson that is now 2 players we’ve poached in the space of a couple months from my original list of realistic transfer targets which was apparently “trolling”
You named just about every player who is off contract. Of course we are going to sign some of them. Its like saying "today the ASX will go up or down or both", and then claiming to be a stock market genius.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Just a casual bump of this thread as wit the signing of drew Hutchinson that is now 2 players we’ve poached in the space of a couple months from my original list of realistic transfer targets which was apparently “trolling”
You picked it.

Also Euan Aitken is being released by the dolphins, could be a good Okenbour replacement. Outside back/2nd tower

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I’m the first to say the Grub experiment didn’t work and said before the season I wouldn’t have done it - but the reason I think they did is they knew they had a largely young team still learning and he could help on the motivation side which he’ll probably still do even now in retirement. You can’t be serious about Woods - offering a deal to a journeyman to his sixth club (well fifth if you consider he had 14 games with us in 2018). Yes he and Mbye were let go mainly to get under the cap your Uncle Ray blew us out of the water on punting on $10m when it was $9.4m but could anyone honestly say either of those players were missed when they left? No - both have had more than one club since and in Woods case three. He is NOT part of the future so suggestions he is are just trolling / pointless.
Yeh Grub & RFM were mistakenly brought in to give experience & leadership. Backfired because of injuries & poor form, being unable to hold down an NRL spot. As I’ve already said, imo the leadership model was primarily built around Thompson, the England captain. Injuries, suspensions, illness and homesickness also derailed that plan. We badly need a forwards leader as support backup to Reed.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Well there’s 1 snaffled up from my list within 48hrs - Liam Knight

Big early W for me
Big L straight up for @B-Train @maroondog72 @1967 @DinkumDog
I just saw this, didn’t get a tag on the original post (that’s a good thing). I guess leave aside that Hutchinson remains a rumour and hasn’t been announced by the club at this point (same as SST). Also, I note neither Knight nor Hutcho were ‘highlighted’ on your list pulled from Zero Tackle yet you want to claim a win? Righto flipper, good onya :-).

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
1) Hutcho not (yet) announced, remains a rumour.
2) You want to take credit for Hutcho ‘being on your list’ yet last night there’s this about him:

IMG_7138.jpeg

Honestly, what to make of a Dolphin brain?? :-)
IMG_7139.jpeg

jake6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I liked the look of Sipley from manly towards the backend of the season. I reckon Bullemor would even be an upgrade to what we have and also May from the roosters

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1) Hutcho not (yet) announced, remains a rumour.
2) You want to take credit for Hutcho ‘being on your list’ yet last night there’s this about him:

View attachment 81279

Honestly, what to make of a Dolphin brain?? :-)
View attachment 81280
I know ur hoping Hutch stays rumour without legs, but let me tell u with great certainty he has been signed, 2 year fuckjob

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You named just about every player who is off contract. Of course we are going to sign some of them. Its like saying "today the ASX will go up or down or both", and then claiming to be a stock market genius.
I named 60. The off contract list has currently 190 and prob more when I posted my list

The whole point of this thread was to discuss REALISTIC SIGNINGS for the club. As pointed out, a couple have been snapped up

I ask you, how many of the fantasies that members here hoped Gus would deliver which have occupied Tens of thousands of posts on here have come to fruishon? Haas, Tino, hunt, Fotuaika etc. ZERO

The people calling this a troll thread are the real trolls or just permanently living in a fucken fantasy land

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I know ur hoping Hutch stays rumour without legs, but let me tell u with great certainty he has been signed, 2 year fuckjob
Just like how you ‘knew’ in advance that Skelton had been picked against Souths but only came on because the 18th man was activated?

Just like how you claim to be in possession of a text message that you keep avoiding the topic of when questioned about it?

Forgive me Flipper if your word is a little shaky…

And IF we sign Hutcho then I’ll get behind him as a Bulldog. Considering the lack of talent available expectations should be measured and he can’t be worse than most of the reserve graders we’re punting.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We’ve signed Taaffe as FB, nothing else matters for this position, as it’s now CLOSED. We got the best, fuck the rest.!!