Real Estate Agents in Sydney

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Yep. A house in my area sold a few years ago. We were tipping it to sell at $1.3m. Opening bid from someone at the back... "$1.3m" - and that person never bid again and didn't look interested slightly in any further bid.
lol I might be completely wrong but the only instances of this fake bidding happened was by lebbos and vietnamese.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
lol I might be completely wrong but the only instances of this fake bidding happened was by lebbos and vietnamese.
The one in my area was done by Greeks lol. Wouldn't surprise me if dodgy Lebos tried something like that... bloody Arabs lol.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Has anyone else seen instances of vendors installing their friends/family as covert bidders at auctions to try and send the price higher?

I know for a fact it happens, and my impression is that it happens more often than people realise.
Definitely mate. I remember one where the bloke looked like the agents twin brother. I instantly walked off and thought the agent was going to tackle me on the driveway to keep me there

Minix

Waterboy
Reaction score
You know what I hate? At auction, the agents who stand next to you and pressure you to out-bid whoever just put a bid in. It's like... STFU... I know what my limit is, you don't.
That happened to me at an auction once and he copped my cappuccino over his trousers and shoes

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Just bring a suitcase full of cash, ain't nobody guna say no to cash up front lmao

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You think selling agents are bad, try the ones at the bottom of the food chain, the property "managers". I'm surprised the one i'm using at the moment remembers to pants then shoes before she leaves the house....

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
You think selling agents are bad, try the ones at the bottom of the food chain, the property "managers". I'm surprised the one i'm using at the moment remembers to pants then shoes before she leaves the house....
100% mate. I think my properties would have to get hit by a meteorite before some of these morons called me, let alone a tradesman

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Happened to me once we auctioned our house the agent slipped a dummy bidder in to push up the price only problem is it got stuck with the dummy as the highest bidder and stalled
The agent then starts panicking and people start getting edgy
Next minute the dummy spits the dummy and legs it so the other bidder withdraws his bid and aim 8k down
House sells and I make the **** reduce his commission by $8k so same net effect
Totally dodgy ***** the lot of them

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I also thought that the agents were obliged to submit all offfers

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry *spellcheck a lot happening up there isn’t there.
Yeah there is last year was tough but things are better now i sold 55 last year and thats down from year before so very busy on the coast as still affordable

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We were very interested in a house with an initial price guide of $1.6m.

1 week later he modified the guide to '$1.6m-$1.7m'

The house sold at Auction for $1.98m...
Theres 2 issues at play here,1 is that there are some agents with poor ethics/morals etc that have unrealistic guides and thats shit and gives the industry a bad name i can tell you most do the right thing but number 2 is some propertys are really hard to predict how much the interest will take it ,you ask 10 people in a room how much a particular property is worth youll get 10 different prices but unfortunately like any industry there are some dickheads.

AucklandDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I've had alot of dealings with real estate agents in Sydney over the last 25 years.

There is not 1 half decent agent out of the lot.

By far the biggest scumbags that exist in any profession.

I've had experiences in the WA and there laws with real estate are bang on the money! No fucking around whatsoever.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Theres 2 issues at play here,1 is that there are some agents with poor ethics/morals etc that have unrealistic guides and thats shit and gives the industry a bad name i can tell you most do the right thing but number 2 is some propertys are really hard to predict how much the interest will take it ,you ask 10 people in a room how much a particular property is worth youll get 10 different prices but unfortunately like any industry there are some dickheads.
I’ve not met a single decent agent and I’ve met many.

AucklandDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’ve not met a single decent agent and I’ve met many.
Ever since "The Block" appeared on our TV screens, the dickhead metres have been blown off the charts!

Basically, to be in realestate you need to be able to go through life with no morales

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm sick of seeing real estate agents with social media content and accounts trying to promote themselves as some sort of miracle workers and important people lmao...

Also had one mate who was a real estate agent trying to get us to buy off the plan to meh apartments and shit locations by talking them up, we told him to fuck off as we aren't going to put a whole life's worth of pain paying shit off so he can make a quick buck