Re-signing Adam Elliott

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Our club is a disaster, I think we should release immediately so he realize his origin potential at another club
Part of me agreed with you, but my inner dog says no. Where is your inner dog captain Jack?

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't think he's elite, but in a good team he'd be way better.

Some of his stupid errors come from trying too hard, which he wouldn't have too in a good team. He wouldn't feel the need to push passes and shit like that.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Part of me agreed with you, but my inner dog says no. Where is your inner dog captain Jack?
Mate the far negative aspects of the rest of our 16 are far outweighing elliot's positives. Any other team and elliot would be listed as the greatest player to have every played the game and our negatives are taking that away from him. Just imagine if he was in a team where he could properly shine they'd give him a 10 year contract, 2 million each year, and then when he retired, he'd be able to buy our club and lead us to glory again!!!!!

We should immediately release him for his benefit and ours

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Mate the far negative aspects of the rest of our 16 are far outweighing elliot's positives. Any other team and elliot would be listed as the greatest player to have every played the game and our negatives are taking that away from him. Just imagine if he was in a team where he could properly shine they'd give him a 10 year contract, 2 million each year, and then when he retired, he'd be able to buy our club and lead us to glory again!!!!!

We should immediately release him for his benefit and ours
You’re right. We should release him... and then follow him to whichever club he goes to. The player has to come first, the club second.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Agreed. Put him in the Roosters or Storm he'd be a weapon.
Yup, I think he's the type of player that in a strong system will lift a gear or two and be a genuine strike player. He will consistently run his lines, look to break tackles and pop an offload away and his teammates will capitalise on it. With us though he overplays his hand and lets his frustrations get the best of him.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think he is a solid player. Sure, he has a few errors in him but all good players have them.
But, saying that, if he's one of our best, what does it say about the others.
After Thompson, he is probably our best forward.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yup, I think he's the type of player that in a strong system will lift a gear or two and be a genuine strike player. He will consistently run his lines, look to break tackles and pop an offload away and his teammates will capitalise on it. With us though he overplays his hand and lets his frustrations get the best of him.
I think a lot of the time he over plays it because he feels he needs too. He knows, like us all lol, that if we don't score on his half break or miracle offload we ain't scoring after that LOL.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think a lot of the time he over plays it because he feels he needs too. He knows, like us all lol, that if we don't score on his half break or miracle offload we ain't scoring after that LOL.
Him and Jake seem to be building the only combination in the team right now, Jake always looks to play to him while Elliott always looks to for Jake and pop an offload away. But like you said he always pushes the pass because of limited opportunities and it doesn't look great...I think the more good ball Jake gets the better Elliott will perform.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Our best player is off contract at the end of 2023. Does anyone else think it would be a good idea to extend his contract now in order to retain him for under $800,000 a season and avoid an all out bidding war? Speculation over the future of our best player is just the sort of thing that could derail our 2023 premiership charge. On one hand, I think Adam deserves every cent of the 800k he will be commanding in a few years time, but the doggie in me feels it would be prudent to act now.

Thoughts?

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Our best player is off contract at the end of 2023. Does anyone else think it would be a good idea to extend his contract now in order to retain him for under $800,000 a season and avoid an all out bidding war? Speculation over the future of our best player is just the sort of thing that could derail our 2023 premiership charge. On one hand, I think Adam deserves every cent of the 800k he will be commanding in a few years time, but the doggie in me feels it would be prudent to act now.

Thoughts?
Average player, shit bloke. Let him go.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Why are you sexist and assuming we don't have female supporters?
[/QUOTE
I’m sure we do. But not many of them post on this forum.... and I have a fair idea why that may be.... but let’s leave the gender politics discussions for the political threads, snowflake.

Apologies to @wendog33, @dogluva, @MariaZ and any other forum members who may have been offended by my comment.