Re-signing Adam Elliott

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Our best player is off contract at the end of 2023. Does anyone else think it would be a good idea to extend his contract now in order to retain him for under $800,000 a season and avoid an all out bidding war? Speculation over the future of our best player is just the sort of thing that could derail our 2023 premiership charge. On one hand, I think Adam deserves every cent of the 800k he will be commanding in a few years time, but the doggie in me feels it would be prudent to act now.

Thoughts?

fooch

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yes the **** will be an immortal at the end of his career

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
End of 2023 he'll be 29 so I'm not sure what kind of bidding war there will be for a 29 year old good but not elite backrower. I think if he's improved so much by mid next year that he's close to origin level then maybe we look at the situation.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
End of 2023 he'll be 29 so I'm not sure what kind of bidding war there will be for a 29 year old good but not elite backrower. I think if he's improved so much by mid next year that he's close to origin level then maybe we look at the situation.
King Elliott is in great shape. He will play until he is 40.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our best player is off contract at the end of 2023. Does anyone else think it would be a good idea to extend his contract now in order to retain him for under $800,000 a season and avoid an all out bidding war? Speculation over the future of our best player is just the sort of thing that could derail our 2023 premiership charge. On one hand, I think Adam deserves every cent of the 800k he will be commanding in a few years time, but the doggie in me feels it would be prudent to act now.

Thoughts?
Sorry Mrs Elliot we just don't see him in our future plans

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Thoughts?
Mate, I expected a bunch of haters to be all over you for this..as did you no doubt :laughing: In fact is there some tongue in cheek in the post? Asking for a friend(a DH who hates him as well)...

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
The Odds on Elliott being sacked for another off field incident before his Contract runs out are higher than him ever being re-signed for 800k.
The Bloke should be told to look elsewhere already.
Yeah....right. We should tell our best forward to look elsewhere because of a minor indiscretion and two off field incidents which in no way breached his contractual obligations. The king is here to stay.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He will be like jackson by 2023 worn out busted and tired