Re-sign reynolds at all costs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As Canterbury celebrated a third straight victory in the bowels of ANZ Stadium, a couple of players chanted "sign him up, sign him up".
They were shouting about Josh Reynolds. Change is supposedly on the horizon at Belmore but surely their inspirational five-eighth will be staying put.
Before a crowd of 35,984 on Good Friday, Des Hasler's men pulled away from the Rabbitohs by 15 points with three tries in the final 17 minutes as an electric Reynolds led the way with a try, a hand in another and a try-saving tackle that was the turning point of the match.

The performance of Reynolds, off contract at Canterbury, was summed up by the desperation he and Brett Morris showed in dragging down South Sydney halfback Adam Reynolds just centimetres short of the try line in the second half.

Bulldog spirit: Josh Reynolds celebrates a try by Josh Morris. Photo: Mark Nolan
If there was a salary cap for perseverance and desire, then Canterbury would have to self-report to the NRL just for Reynolds.

"They're the things I try to make sure I have in my game," Reynolds said. "They're the things we pride ourselves on. It just shows the will and the fight that we do have inbuilt in us."

All is not suddenly peaches and cream at the Bulldogs but things are certainly on the up. They are in the top eight and the debacle of Lottoland last month is well and truly in the rearview mirror.

There is still a sense, though, that major change is coming.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Knee jerk reaction made us sign mbye for a ridiculous amount of money .. I think we need a few more games to witness that combination against better competition, Newcastle and the rabbits are hardly yard sticks and Brisbane are top 8 at best..

R0CKY

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Do you think Reynolds would get the origin call up in this form?

Yanni Gogolak

Kennel Established
Reaction score
When he is in form Reynolds is a Man of the Match player and a match winner... as per today, and the past few weeks.... he also can't do it alone in the halves he needs a Frawley and look how well this is working. I reckon we need another quality half to cover injuries etc. I've always said I would do handstands to get Cronk, but Frawley is aces ATM. Mbye has shown the impact he can make at hooker. The future positions for these guys are getting pretty clear now.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When he is in form Reynolds is a Man of the Match player and a match winner... as per today, and the past few weeks.... he also can't do it alone in the halves he needs a Frawley and look how well this is working. I reckon we need another quality half to cover injuries etc. I've always said I would do handstands to get Cronk, but Frawley is aces ATM. Mbye has shown the impact he can make at hooker. The future positions for these guys are getting pretty clear now.
Forget Cronk.. lets save the million and persist with Frawley

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Reynolds is on 450
We've offered 450
He want 700k
He won't get it

I'd rather Foran
Foran is 10 times the better player
Foran and Frawley combo with Reynolds off the bench is how I'd go
Without question foran is a great half, but he has made our club look silly on a few occasions and will probably do the same if given half a chance.. furthermore his hamstrings are like warn out elastic bands ready to snap at any moment.
Also has baggage with undesirable Sydney folk

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
He played well and I give him credit for that. As mentioned earlier, signing him would be a knee-jerk reaction. I'm hoping he can back up his form for the rest of season. Frawley at Halfback is must!

MasterP

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Re-sign Reynolds at all costs LMAO ha ha ha
He has a awful kicking game!
One of the worst passing game as a half in the comp!
He has no creativity or ball skills at all! ( Just earlier ball to Jackson or Brenko Lee)
Runs cross ways against shit sides like Souths & got away with it today. Against quality sides it will be like bread and butter defending against him.
He has the slowest play the balls nearly 85% of the time when he gets tackled. ( Selfish )
Bulldogs will never win a comp with Josh Reynolds at five-eight mark that down!
SOS Foran
FRAWLEY & FORAN IN THE HALVES & MBYE AT HOOKER
The best thing for the Canterbury Bulldogs Club is to move forward from Josh Reynolds simple as that!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.