Re-sign reynolds at all costs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
The Reynolds haters, mainly gotenks and dogna, they just hate for the sake of it
Reynolds again was sensation, he now has a half back inside him not a under 10's halfback.
If the players want to play with him, they value his ability, that is the highest accolade.
For those who have played any sport, to be respected by your peers it can't get any better.
What about Marely.
I got called a '****' last season for pointing out Mybe at halfback wasn't working.
He went missing in games and his short kicking game was terrible.

I think point is made with Mybe.

I'm not sure what will happen next year with player movements. I'm just hoping the team is much closer to sorting out the halfback situation for this season.

At the start of the season I was very pessimistic about the teams chances this season. I was thinking 7 yo 8 wins but now I have much more hope.

Frawley at 7 & Mybe at 9? Hopefully this is the way forward that will make the really competitive all season.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I have watched many

How did he go in 2012 and 2014 with a quality no7?

Yeah Thats right, he wont win us a comp
2012 Reynolds matched Lamb's 5/8 try scoring record and helped the Bulldogs make the grand final. Didn't win the grand final though.

2014 he was favourite for Dally M until he got suspended. Also lead NSW to their first victory in over a decade and lead the Bulldogs to another Grand Final. Lost it again though.

That said, he was young and immature then. He seems a lot more focused this season.

Btw, that's his 3rd good game playing alongside Frawley. Not his only good game.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
What about Marely.
I got called a '****' last season for pointing out Mybe at halfback wasn't working.
He went missing in games and his short kicking game was terrible.

I think point is made with Mybe.

I'm not sure what will happen next year with player movements. I'm just hoping the team is much closer to sorting out the halfback situation for this season.

At the start of the season I was very pessimistic about the teams chances this season. I was thinking 7 yo 8 wins but now I have much more hope.

Frawley at 7 & Mybe at 9? Hopefully this is the way forward that will make the really competitive all season.
Gotenks is Marley. (name change)

In Marley's defence he was calling for Mbye to replace Reynolds and Reynolds wasn't good at the time. Then recently he posted admitting that Mbye has been crap at halfback and that Reynolds played well a couple of weeks back.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reynolds is fired up! If he wants that sort of money he has to perform like this consistently. The halves market is ridiculous at the moment. Brooks was compared to Johns and he has done stuff all yet earns a 700k contract. NRL need to increase the cap.

Great game from him. I hope for the sake of the team the halves pairing can gel this season.

I've said before it's time for Reynolds to go but he is proving me wrong. Against Broncos and Souths he has delivered. Also by what Des and Graham said in the presser, all signs are pointing to a new contract.
I think they will. The delay in it all is waiting for the salary cap increase. That's why some of the biggest name players in the NRL haven't signed including Cronk. They want as much as possible and an early decision might cut themselves short.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Dude, to be fair, thats what the media is reporting. Surely we know to take anything those ***** say with a grain on salt? But yes, 550 would be a far more reasonable price, I agree.
From what i was told he is on that amount already. He is entitled to ask for an upgraded contract. He will be entitled to 8yr allowance aswell.

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gotenks is Marley. (name change)

In Marley's defence he was calling for Mbye to replace Reynolds and Reynolds wasn't good at the time. Then recently he posted admitting that Mbye has been crap at halfback and that Reynolds played well a couple of weeks back.
Marley often gives Reynolds credit when Reynolds is good. He has some personal issue with Reynolds moreso than anything. It is funny though, because he will normally post that Reynolds had a good game or was MoTM or whatever and then there will be 10 posts basically calling Marley out to say Reynolds had a good game even though he already posted it. I noticed it ages ago and like clockwork it happens basically every good game Reynolds has.

Interestingly, pretty much everyone I know who supports the Tigers wants Reynolds there to replace Moses. His efforts are the opposite of what they've been getting from their big 4 who seem to have no pride or passion in the jersey itself.

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its because you and Reynolds now go hand in hand buddy

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The Reynolds haters, mainly gotenks and dogna, they just hate for the sake of it
Reynolds again was sensation, he now has a half back inside him not a under 10's halfback.
If the players want to play with him, they value his ability, that is the highest accolade.
For those who have played any sport, to be respected by your peers it can't get any better.
I cant agree with calling Marley aka gotenks a total reynolds hater. In his defense, he does give him credit where its due. He also gave him the 3 points in the other post. JR has had his brain snaps because he has to try to hard in the past. Now that he has a settled and more composed halfback in frawley, ee just might see a more relaxed and mature JR.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Frawley or no Frawley I don't think he is the right choice for us going forward.

His kicking game is crap even though he scored from his own kick the other night,his passing game is pretty bad too.

If teams start to put pressure on Frawley and close him out of the game then what?

I still think mbye should be given a crack at number 6 outside Frawley but at the same time while we are winning don't change anything just yet.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
For memory and I could be wrong, but I think Reynolds hit a very similar rich vain of form last time he was looking for a contract.. then was very hit and miss for a large period of time.. I like Reynolds and always have .. I'm just not sure that he can be consistent enough to help us be a premiership threat

The Faz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
1. Tedesco
6. Foran 7. Frawley
OR
6. Frawley 7. Cronk
9. Mbye

I love Reynolds but unfortunately I can't find a spot for him in the 2018 team moving forward.

Frawley is cheap, a genuine half and the education he would receive from Messrs Cronk or Foran would be worth its weight in gold.

Mike_B

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Want him to stay but not for more than 500-600k a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.