Re-Gifting

Status
Not open for further replies.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What's your opinion on it? I got a shit load of wine as gifts and I don't really drink it.

Is it wrong to re gift them, is it ok? What do you guys think?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Nope. Perfectly fine to re-gift. Just don't tell the people you originally received the gift from. That's basically saying "You don't know me at all and you're crap and buying gifts". Which is true but...

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
What's your opinion on it? I got a shit load of wine as gifts and I don't really drink it.

Nothing wrong with it. I got a stack of aftershave for my 21st - some to this day I have still not opened. I gave away a good few of them to the 21st's I was invited to after mine. Re-gifting is fine provided it's not opened/damaged and something that the person receiving it will make good use of.

Reaction score

one of my mates gave me a pillow cask of cheap wine when we finished high school for a laugh, all wrapped up like a birthday present.
i gave it back to him as a christmas present. the following year i got it back in the mail. we've been sending it back and forth each christmas for the past 20 years, still has the same wrapping, never been opened

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
might send the poof in law a pair of shit stained undies he can chew on for Xmas

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

nothing wrong, but be careful, no to give that wine to the same person, who gave it to you( I done that once, very embarrassing)

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
do it all the time and i am sure people do the same to me.

Once a gift given to me and i passed it on to somebody else, did the entire 360 and came back to me through some other person after 12 months.

Fuck tells you how crap the gift was that no one liked it.

I wonder how many times the piece of shit was re-gifted.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
do it all the time and i am sure people do the same to me.

Once a gift given to me and i passed it on to somebody else, did the entire 360 and came back to me through some other person after 12 months.

Fuck tells you how crap the gift was that no one liked it.

I wonder how many times the piece of shit was re-gifted.
LMAO. That would've been hilarious. You should've given it to someone else in the chain and see if it ended up back with you lol.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
nothing wrong, but be careful, no to give that wine to the same person, who gave it to you( I done that once, very embarrassing)
A friend if mine got a gift but inside the box was a card from the original gifter .

Dropbear junior

Waterboy
Reaction score
I generally don't re-gift per say, but if there is something I don't use and I have a visitor or friend that I think might like it, there might be a situation in which I give it to them. Generally not as a gift though, more as an "oh, I have one of those. Here, I don't need it" kind of situation.

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I remember that scene in the movie Old School. Will Farrels' character gets a toaster for a wedding gift. He re gifts it to his mates kid as a birthday gift. Funny shit.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last year, I attended a friends' Christmas party where many groups of friends were represented.
Not everyone knew each other, meaning a secret Santa gift exchange wasn't feasbile.
So, they played "White elephant gift exchange" .. basically;
1. wrap your gift
2. place under tree
3. from a hat, draw a number, which indicates your position in the queue for selecting a gift

exchange:
1. #1 person selects a gift unwraps and describes to the audience
2. #2 person decides whether to steal #1's gift or choose new wrapped gift
3. #3 person as above (can choose to steal either gift or select wrapped gift)
n.

caveat >> we were told to bring the worse gift you've ever received and kept; apparently a gift has been going around this party for years.

Also, the best number to get is the last one ... that number can choose from all the opened presents and the final one under the tree

Game goes a very long time with a lot of people.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_elephant_gift_exchange

~c.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

I do it all the time, especially with things like raffle prizes I win via things like my Rotary Club. I swear I was at a meeting of another Club once and won a door prize and it appeared to be a bottle I'd won and donated on several months earlier somewhere else (similar to Zee's experience above). Wine is a classic re gifting gift.

The danger of course, is the de-gift. I'm sure it happens occasionally.

Of course Seinfeld has covered this issue...

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Re gift away mate
Nothing wrong with it

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I do it all the time, especially with things like raffle prizes I win via things like my Rotary Club. I swear I was at a meeting of another Club once and won a door prize and it appeared to be a bottle I'd won and donated on several months earlier somewhere else (similar to Zee's experience above). Wine is a classic re gifting gift.

The danger of course, is the de-gift. I'm sure it happens occasionally.

Of course Seinfeld has covered this issue...

Lol so that's where the term came from ? they were ahead of their time , everybody makes up new words these days like while I was Xmas shopping there were advertising signs for shoppers to buy stuff for their bae !!.

Status
Not open for further replies.