Rd 7 Vs Eel

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I heard a little something that we’re looking for a experienced half for 1 or 2 years.
Maybe they don’t see KO ready yet
Rules out Ben Hunt, 360 said there is no clause in his contract to get a release if Griffin isn’t the coach anymore. There is no other options of this at all anymore currently

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard a little something that we’re looking for a experienced half for 1 or 2 years.
Maybe they don’t see KO ready yet
Does have merit a Reynolds type would fill a hole. We had an opportunity with keeping Foran on a reduced deal.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Apparently Oloapu is “close” whether that means next week or 4 weeks I don’t know but obvious that Flanno is on borrowed time
It’s the dragons game at best or the week after. Flanno would need to have some cracking games to save his spot at this point.at least Karl looks dangerous running the ball.

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think CCs preference of having Okunbor on the bench to cover outside backs and play in the forwards will see him back on the bench again. He would have been handy after losing Foxx.

It seems CC is also determined to have a ball playing lock come off the bench ala Nu Brown & Grub.

With these 2 points in mind, the return of injured troops & my opinion that Grub creates more issues than he solves, this is what I'm tipping next week V's the Eels.

1. Haze Perham

2. Jacob Kiraz
3. Jake Averillo
4. Paul Alamoti
5. Braidon Burns (being 18th man regularly tells me he is next man up in CC's calculations but I'd like to see Casey)

6. Matt Burton
7. Kyle Flanagan (on an already flimsy defensive edge his defence holds him his spot ahead of the other options just for now IMO)

8. Max King
9. Reed Mahoney
10. Ryan Sutton
11. Villiame Kikau
12. Jacob Preston
13. Raymond Faitala-Mariner

14. Jayden Okunbor
15. Corey Waddell
16. Tevita Pangai-Junior
17. Harrison Edwards (our bench ball playing lock who can handle the middle defensively) better option than Grub IMO.

18th man- Josh Reynolds
I think you are right here up until edwards over reynolds, reynolds adds a spark from the bench and from the crowd, edwards is defensively suspect also as proven for that first murray try the other day when he didnt fill the space

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you are right here up until edwards over reynolds, reynolds adds a spark from the bench and from the crowd, edwards is defensively suspect also as proven for that first murray try the other day when he didnt fill the space
also if tpj is as fit as they have said over the off season, he could be playing more minutes than we expect

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
How about the price of tickets… ridiculous.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Why not? You either have it or you don’t
Cause he is young and it’s too much to put in his shoulders. Trust Gus to put him in a position to succeed. It’s been the bulldogs problem for a while now thrusting young guys into the team when they aren’t quite ready. I’d like to see him put on the bench and get some time to get a feel first.

look at how we brought barba on. Took him a few years to get his spot. Thurston was a bench player for us. We just haven’t been in a position to develop slowly till now. Cause we ain’t winning the comp this year. But we are building systems. Let’s do it the right way.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cause he is young and it’s too much to put in his shoulders. Trust Gus to put him in a position to succeed. It’s been the bulldogs problem for a while now thrusting young guys into the team when they aren’t quite ready. I’d like to see him put on the bench and get some time to get a feel first.

look at how we brought barba on. Took him a few years to get his spot. Thurston was a bench player for us. We just haven’t been in a position to develop slowly till now. Cause we ain’t winning the comp this year. But we are building systems. Let’s do it the right way.
Fair enough. But other clubs throw in 18/19 year old kids so I don’t see why we can’t either.. especially when what we have playing ahead of them clearly isn’t working. I say if you’re good enough you’re old enough

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Fair enough. But other clubs throw in 18/19 year old kids so I don’t see why we can’t either.. especially when what we have playing ahead of them clearly isn’t working. I say if you’re good enough you’re old enough
Suali didn’t get thrown in at the roosters And he was as special as they come. It’s very rare a young player comes in and makes any sort of long term mark. At this point I feel the dogs have told flanno how many chances he has and what they expect from him. And an easier series of games is exactly when they might try him out. Especially if it’s coming from a bench spot and flanno is hooked mid game if it’s just not working.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Suali didn’t get thrown in at the roosters And he was as special as they come. It’s very rare a young player comes in and makes any sort of long term mark. At this point I feel the dogs have told flanno how many chances he has and what they expect from him. And an easier series of games is exactly when they might try him out. Especially if it’s coming from a bench spot and flanno is hooked mid game if it’s just not working.
How didn’t Sualii get thrown it at roosters? He’s 19 now and he played most of last season too when he was 18. He even debuted before he was 18 with the roosters (they got exemption from NRL to play him before he was 18). If that’s not throwing someone in I don’t know what is

dawso047

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Some changes id like to see between now and end of year

- Alamoti to transition to 13
- Oloapu to 7
- Flanagan to be developed as a 9 - either in NSW Cup or off the bench
- RFM to be used only as a middle
Alamoti won't play 13.
Oloapu will play 7 before the season is over.
Flannagan might play 9 or more likely 14 at NRL level.
RFM will probably only be used in the middle.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If anything Skelton against Dunster will work better for us... The kid couldnt tackle anything of difficulty today and Skelton will ownnnn him.
yeah but as much as he’d walk over dunster, sivo walks over our other edge