Rd 7 Vs Eel

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm not that keen on throwing Karl in, personally think he's a 5/8 and relying on him to develop as the halfback so soon isn't the right play. We are that desperate though because our halves are giving us absolutely nothing 6 weeks in to the competition with Flanagan not even registering a direct try involvement and Burton only registering 4 with 1 being an intercept try and another scoring off a Mahoney grubber. Kiraz as a winger has registered as many line break assists as both our halves combined, that's honestly embarrassing. Our halves have been a joke this season, how we've managed to claw our way to a 3-3 start with their performances and a depleted forward really highlights how good a job Ciraldo is doing.

I think I remember reading that Samrani was going to developed as a backrower? Not 100% sure.
Taking a toll on reed aswell. Hes playin like extra half sometimes

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think CCs preference of having Okunbor on the bench to cover outside backs and play in the forwards will see him back on the bench again. He would have been handy after losing Foxx.

It seems CC is also determined to have a ball playing lock come off the bench ala Nu Brown & Grub.

With these 2 points in mind, the return of injured troops & my opinion that Grub creates more issues than he solves, this is what I'm tipping next week V's the Eels.

1. Haze Perham

2. Jacob Kiraz
3. Jake Averillo
4. Paul Alamoti
5. Braidon Burns (being 18th man regularly tells me he is next man up in CC's calculations but I'd like to see Casey)

6. Matt Burton
7. Kyle Flanagan (on an already flimsy defensive edge his defence holds him his spot ahead of the other options just for now IMO)

8. Max King
9. Reed Mahoney
10. Ryan Sutton
11. Villiame Kikau
12. Jacob Preston
13. Raymond Faitala-Mariner

14. Jayden Okunbor
15. Corey Waddell
16. Tevita Pangai-Junior
17. Harrison Edwards (our bench ball playing lock who can handle the middle defensively) better option than Grub IMO.

18th man- Josh Reynolds

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cirro needs to buy the bullet pretty soon on Flanagan, doesn’t offer anything, drop him now give Karl added NRL experience for the rest of the year, will be better for it when Crichton, Xerri arrive next year
I have heard people say that Karl will make his debut in April. Off the bench. Could be this week. But I personally think it’ll be next week.

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Standing ovation at the game champ, the hero came on and they clapped their fat little greasy beady hand, turned to their retarded friends and family members next to them and said “Reynolds will bring the energy”
This. This is truth x 10000.

jamma01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Team I would go with.
1. Perham
2. Skelton ( they will pick Burns due to experience)
3. Averillo
4. Alamoti
5. Kiraz
6. Burton
7. Oloapu
8. King
9. Mahoney
10. Hughes ( big body to start the game )
11. Kikau
12. Preston
13. Rfm
14. Topine
15. Tpj
16. Waddell
17. Sutton / Morrin - Sutton has been ordinary of late.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Braidon one hammy one knee burns will be left wing
Cop the tip

olaupu wont be starting 7

tpj will be picked on the bench

hopefully Preston can keep his starting role and shore up that right edge

Reactions: ATT

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Reynolds is a total liability, can not play again. Our Burns on the bench instead of him lol
As a mate of mine said, Reynolds should be paid by our marketing budget, not under the salary cap.
He might bring energy to the training paddock, but he offers little on game day

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Braidon one hammy one knee burns will be left wing
Cop the tip

olaupu wont be starting 7

tpj will be picked on the bench

hopefully Preston can keep his starting role and shore up that right edge
You implying that KO will be on the bench?

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Some changes id like to see between now and end of year

- Alamoti to transition to 13
- Oloapu to 7
- Flanagan to be developed as a 9 - either in NSW Cup or off the bench
- RFM to be used only as a middle