Opinion Rd 15 V Parramatta

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Mate, half of this forum whinges about the refs every week. I've criticised our players, but yet you (and others) always seem so fixated on my ref posts, lol.
So let’s for arguments sake say that JAC stayed on his wing on Sunday and the Chooks didn’t score the try that leveled the game before their field goal. Would all the ‘ref corruption’ posts be there if we’d won by 4 or 6 points? You know they wouldn’t…

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I know Mahoney might get clearance to play but the club should still be cautious with him and give him the week off. That's two weeks in a row now he's had a head knock and even if he passes protocols, he's still at more risk to get another concussion now than he was a few weeks ago before the Tino/Sua'ali'i incidents.
We need him mate. For his leadership and chatter as well as his tackling and service. If he’s cleared he’s gotta play. Maybe his tackling technique needs looking at too. I love how gutsy he is and how he’s all in on blokes three times his size but his well-being might need to also be managed through some coaching.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I dont know what to think of this upcoming game.
My hopes that anything is possible with this team this year has been dashed.
Doesnt matter whos in or out for the opposition, we beat ourselves.
Juggling we are the fuckin Bulldogs with expectations, looking to truths such as cattle in key positions and injuries is a constent head fuck.
Just win against adversity this weekend boys and give us something to cheer about.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So let’s for arguments sake say that JAC stayed on his wing on Sunday and the Chooks didn’t score the try that leveled the game before their field goal. Would all the ‘ref corruption’ posts be there if we’d won by 4 or 6 points? You know they wouldn’t…
Some here always whinge about the officials regardless of result more than I do. Why am I always being targeted for doing so.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Some here always whinge about the officials regardless of result more than I do. Why am I always being targeted for doing so.
I don’t think you’re being targeted but you have been quite vocal lately and you’ve already said we’ll lose the Eels match because of the refereeing. Maybe tone it down a bit and let’s see. I happily call anyone else out too who can’t prove ‘corruption’, because no-one can.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So now we not only have the displeasure of Flanno back in first grade...he is playing hooker...

Dead set there isn't enough alcohol at Dan Murphys for this trash

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Yeah I agree and the biased and incompetent refereeing is killing the game off.

I know a bunch of people who don't bother with it anymore.

I used to watch most games across a weekend but I couldn't be bothered these days. Pretty much every game has incompetent refereeing invariably with a number of calls which are completely unfathomable.

It's quite an irony that they have introduced new rules supposedly to make the game better but the effect in reality is in fact the opposite. Things like the 6 again rule and the hip drop tackle rule are an absolute blight in the game.
Certain people who now run the game that came from a greed based background unfortunately attribute $$$ with success. Players won't argue however the true people that kept RL alive for over 100 years know that it's the product and the love of the game that made it survive. RL would survive without money, grass roots, people playing for club and fun again.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wait for 4pm. Reed apparently will be named, he had a Category 2 concussion and the 11 day stand down is only for Category 1 concussions.
be shocked if they let him play it's opening a can of worms.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don’t think you’re being targeted but you have been quite vocal lately and you’ve already said we’ll lose the Eels match because of the refereeing. Maybe tone it down a bit and let’s see. I happily call anyone else out too who can’t prove ‘corruption’, because no-one can.
I've criticised the team myself many times (rightly so) for our poor performances. I can't wait to see the back of some underperforming players. I'll lay off a for a little bit so that way I won't type something I won't regret.

But knowing my luck , I won't be surprised if people start attacking me for criticising our poor performances as well.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We need him mate. For his leadership and chatter as well as his tackling and service. If he’s cleared he’s gotta play. Maybe his tackling technique needs looking at too. I love how gutsy he is and how he’s all in on blokes three times his size but his well-being might need to also be managed through some coaching.
We absolutely need him, especially due to the lack of options behind him but I'd rather they played it safe with him. Even if he's passed protocols the last few weeks and is cleared to play, he's still suffered two clear and obvious hits to the head causing trauma. Hopefully if he does play he can avoid any more hits to the head but with the fearless way he plays it's easier said than done..

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Certain people who now run the game that came from a greed based background unfortunately attribute $$$ with success. Players won't argue however the true people that kept RL alive for over 100 years know that it's the product and the love of the game that made it survive. RL would survive without money, grass roots, people playing for club and fun again.
Really? So you’re saying with a straight face that money and rugby league is a new thing? The Winfield Cup 40 years ago wasn’t about money? The Rothmans Medal? The National Panasonic Cup midweek comp or the State Bank Big Game wasn’t about sponsorship? Please. Don’t pretend it’s new and that some wholesome ‘take the money out of the game and it’ll be fine’ approach will work. Look what happened to rugby when they couldn’t afford to fund the grass roots - it almost died as a code. If rugby league took the same approach you’re basically handing winter sport dominance to the AFL. Do you want that?

Just yesterday you called for ‘Super League 2.0’ but now you’re saying take the money out of the game. You honestly believe someone will fund a rebel competition out of the goodness of their own hearts and the players will play for the love of the game?

Which one is it going to be? Can’t have it both ways…

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I've criticised the team myself many times (rightly so) for our poor performances. I can't wait to see the back of some underperforming players. I'll lay off a for a little bit so that way I won't type something I won't regret.

But knowing my luck , I won't be surprised if people start attacking me for criticising our poor performances as well.
C’mon mate don’t play the victim :-).
Of course have your say but try to stick to the facts as much as possible. And yes, those facts include that we still have some significant roster gaps: Gus and Ciro both know it and are trying to solve it. What they say privately and publicly are two very different things…

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
be shocked if they let him play it's opening a can of worms.
It’s not about ‘if they let him’ (the club) but abiding by some strict protocols the code has in place. He’ll play if those are met. I believe in player welfare / protecting their long term health but it remains a contact sport and if we go too far in the opposite direction the game becomes Oz-Tag. There has to be balance.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Mate as long as it’s within the T&C’s you are well within your rights to post what you like on here.

If you’re going to worry about criticism your in the wrong place.

You must have noticed by now there’s the same old conceited group of people on here and that’s all they do, troll through looking for threads and comments that they can rip into and criticise, .. take note, you’ll see it’s the same ones every time ..

You comment or write positive posts about a player coach or someone at the club … and your on your knees sucking them off ..

You write negative posts about something .. and your a hater, you know shit and your not a true fan ..

You won’t win against these types as they’ve been on here for years doing the same thing and have their own narcissistic agenda for why they do it …

Just post and comment on what you feel strongly about because that’s what this forums is really here for .. you’ll see the right people reply, there’s a lot of good people on here that out weight those types ..

Whether people want to call it corruption, bias or incompetence … your comments on the current state of refereeing are correct, we certainly get the wrong end of the pineapple and the reason you comment on it regularly is the regularity we get these wrong calls.

Lot of comments on here that refereeing didn’t lose us that game, it was this and that player and stupidity .. as far as I’m concerned they’re only 1/2 right, what they haven’t considered is the calls we should have gotten that we didn’t, 10 in the bin for foul play on Wilson & the knee to Mahoney’s head to name just 2 .. those calls swing momentum and would have seen us with more possession keeping them under pressure, few other calls on forward passes that should have been pulled up and gone our way as well …. funny thing is is they never seem to miss an infringement on us, we get pulled up for everything whether the calls right or wrong.

Calls you don’t get that you should, change the game as much as the ones you do get against you ..

So comment what you like mate .. ignore the ones that are only on here to criticise ..

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s not about ‘if they let him’ (the club) but abiding by some strict protocols the code has in place. He’ll play if those are met. I believe in player welfare / protecting their long term health but it remains a contact sport and if we go too far in the opposite direction the game becomes Oz-Tag. There has to be balance.
Feel the 11 days thing is about right that's a happy medium, what I hate and we all know it as if anyone is missing a GF for a head knock.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Win or lose I would still complain about Suaali's knee lifting once again not even being penalised let alone sin binned.

Win or lose I would still complain about the forward pass that wasn't, it left the hands going backwards.

Win or lose I would still complain about us being the better team and not winning by some margin (more possession, more completions, more time in possession, more run meters, more post contact meters, faster play the ball speed, more kicking meters, less errors, less penalties conceded, less on reports etc etc). We won that game in every way except the score board.

I think we all have a right to complain.

Always a Bulldog

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Really? So you’re saying with a straight face that money and rugby league is a new thing? The Winfield Cup 40 years ago wasn’t about money? The Rothmans Medal? The National Panasonic Cup midweek comp or the State Bank Big Game wasn’t about sponsorship? Please. Don’t pretend it’s new and that some wholesome ‘take the money out of the game and it’ll be fine’ approach will work. Look what happened to rugby when they couldn’t afford to fund the grass roots - it almost died as a code. If rugby league took the same approach you’re basically handing winter sport dominance to the AFL. Do you want that?

Just yesterday you called for ‘Super League 2.0’ but now you’re saying take the money out of the game. You honestly believe someone will fund a rebel competition out of the goodness of their own hearts and the players will play for the love of the game?

Which one is it going to be? Can’t have it both ways…
The game itself was literally invented because of money. Players were getting injured and then missing work which was costing them money. They wanted to get paid when they were injured. Obviously, clubs also wanted to win, so lured the better players with money so they could supplement there working income.