Other News Source Raymond Faitala-Mariner

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
You have got to be kidding me. I would offload liccha or Okunbur before RFM.
They are really going to offload Okonbur after re-signing him less then a month ago.....

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm fine with this. Seems like 2019 is the year we get rid of a lot of dead wood and better utilise our cap spending.
Except RFM is not deadwood. Deadwood are players like Elliot, Liccha Okunbur, etc.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They are really going to offload Okonbur after re-signing him less then a month ago.....
Mate, He offers sweet FA and has botched loads of scoring opportunities. His defence is so bad that teams know this and use it to score tries.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mate, He offers sweet FA and has botched loads of scoring opportunities. His defence is so bad that teams know this and use it to score tries.
Yeah that’s irrelevant really because they JUST re-signed him! So it’s totally unrealistic to think he would be getting released.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He only re-signed at the start of 2018 so he wouldn’t be backloaded. Pay must just not rate him. If the money we save by releasing him is used to strengthen a weakness I’m all for it but let’s hope it’s not used to bring in another backrower or prop.
He wouldn't be back ended but he still would have commanded around the 400-500k mark considering he was one of the best up n coming backrowers in the game at the time. Considering we have kids like, RT, Kalache, Smith and Roumanos to name a few coming through and the opportunity to go shopping for a gun edge forward its hard to see it as a bad move if like your saying we use the money and spot wisely.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He wouldn't be back ended but he still would have commanded around the 400-500k mark considering he was one of the best up n coming backrowers in the game at the time. Considering we have kids like, RT, Kalache, Smith and Roumanos to name a few coming through and the opportunity to go shopping for a gun edge forward its hard to see it as a bad move if like your saying we use the money and spot wisely.
not fussed either waybut im not confident that kalache smith and roumanos will be long term first grade players. toomaga has shown signs of quality but as a middle forward. happy to be wrong.

frogdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
not fussed either waybut im not confident that kalache smith and roumanos will be long term first grade players. toomaga has shown signs of quality but as a middle forward. happy to be wrong.
kalache is looking the goods from what I've seen of the lower grades, good leg drive and offload.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
kalache is looking the goods from what I've seen of the lower grades, good leg drive and offload.
I agree about the off loads - have been impressive - he was captain of the sgball side a few years back but didn't really kick on once he went to open grade.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Well we offloaded Woods just months into a multi million dollar deal lol

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
What has he done?
Everyone started frothing when he scored in round 1, 2018... I'd rather him over a lot we are keeping, but won't be upset if he leaves.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Really I see plenty of potential in all of them.

If RT can get his fitness up to NRL level and play every week like that trial against the panthers a couple of years back he will be a gun.

Kalache has killed it in the unders and is starting to find his feet in the step up to reggies… Big motor, leadership qualities and pretty skilful for a big guy. Seriously needs to work on d though, would be nice to see him get a call up at the back end of the year if we get rubbed out to see how his progressing.

Roumanos and Smith look the NRL player.. Both run goodhard lines and are workhorses. Roumanos has a bit more skill than Smith but Smith is a tough bugger.

Would be awesome for us if they all come through along with Wakeman, Harper and Katoa.

Last edited:

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Everyone started frothing when he scored in round 1, 2018... I'd rather him over a lot we are keeping, but won't be upset if he leaves.
U mean that 1 time he ran a good line with timing?:blush:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
U mean that 1 time he ran a good line with timing?:blush:
Yep that's the one lol. Was nice, but yeah since that moment both he and Foran haven't really played together.

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Decent player. Butttttt he has struggled to stay on the field recently. Season ending injury last year. In an out of first grade this year. Minor injury in Reggies.

His defence does come into question late in the game.

If you can tap his potential and get the best out of him the guy will be a gun. Unfortunately for us been a bit disappointing this year.

Not too sad to see him go only if we use the roster spot for something better. If we get another dud to replace RFM I will just shake me head in a dark corner and let my bitterness fester more :p lol
Totally agree.has potential but defence is terrible.he has had a couple of years to improve but never had hit any sort of heights.c Smith a much better 2nd rower