Ray Warren SOO 3

QLDdogsfan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don't know how many of you have young kids but my dude loves the show Bluey, and they recently had an episode call "The Decider" which was a game 3 origin that they got the great Rabs to call.

Anyway it's got me thinking how fucking epic would it be if ole Rabs came out for one last call for origin 3. I feel like he never got the send off he deserved and this would be an epic way to go out for the greatest commentator of all.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't know how many of you have young kids but my dude loves the show Bluey, and they recently had an episode call "The Decider" which was a game 3 origin that they got the great Rabs to call.

Anyway it's got me thinking how fucking epic would it be if ole Rabs came out for one last call for origin 3. I feel like he never got the send off he deserved and this would be an epic way to go out for the greatest commentator of all.
I don’t think he’s mentally capable to do another call

QLDdogsfan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I reckon most people would take a few errors from him even just to have him up there and chime in when he wants.

QLDdogsfan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Why? That’s just sad…
Your opinion man, I reckon the Blokes a legend of the game and Australian media and to be honest I felt a little cheated the way he went out. Just thought it would be unreal to hear him one last time in a decider, I wouldn't judge him to hard on his performance.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Adds are shite i agree.
I'd be down for one last hurrah by one of the greatest callers Rabbits Warren, also think he would be ok when was his last call not that long ago?
Always remember i think its right that he hates flying?

QLDdogsfan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Adds are shite i agree.
I'd be down for one last hurrah by one of the greatest callers Rabbits Warren, also think he would be ok when was his last call not that long ago?
Always remember i think its right that he hates flying?
Yeah I remember Gus always giving him shit for his fear of flying haha, pass the hat around the kennel I reckon we could get him a train ticket :tearsofjoy:

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah I remember Gus always giving him shit for his fear of flying haha, pass the hat around the kennel I reckon we could get him a train ticket :tearsofjoy:
How about they do a Winnebago trip up? :tearsofjoy: Few of his mates would take up driving duties, Fat would come down to do the trip etc etc.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Would be great but he has made the call to retire from broadcasting and won't be back sadly, as his replacement, while having very big shoes to fill is not in the same "league" as a broadcaster. Seems to be yelling more and more through his commentary.

Ray deserves a break he has been calling for some 50 years as I remember when he called Amco Cup quarter time football on Channel 10, Wednesday nights, with Keith Barnes back in the '70's.

QLDdogsfan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Would be great but he has made the call to retire from broadcasting and won't be back sadly, as his replacement, while having very big shoes to fill is not in the same "league" as a broadcaster. Seems to be yelling more and more through his commentary.

Ray deserves a break he has been calling for some 50 years as I remember when he called Amco Cup quarter time football on Channel 10, Wednesday nights, with Keith Barnes back in the '70's.
Yeah your right mate and he's earnt the right to call time on his career. I'll still hold out hope though until kick off haha

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Your kid loves the cop show from 1976 called Bluey? It was so crap it lasted only 1 season.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd rather have the Rabs commentary from the ARL 95 video game than listen to that Matt fuckwit they got to replace him..
I'd rather have the Rabs commentary from the ARL 95 video game than listen to that Matt fuckwit they got to replace him..

I remember many years back I saw that Matt bloke with another media, sports commentator by the name of Neil Evans in a inner city club. I went up to say g’day to them and Neil was great, pleasant to talk to and we had a nice chat. Can’t say the same about Thompson though, as soon as I approached and spoke to Neil he got up and left the table and didn’t come back until I’d left.

Guy had an ego then, imagine what it would be like now?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I used to play poker with Dan Ginnane regularly while he was still at ESPN working on PTI Australia, well before he joined Fox as a commentator. He was the opposite.. He was a good, down to earth guy that was easy to talk to.. Also met heaps of footy players and jockeys that way.. Shannon Hegarty, the Walker brothers, Steve Menzies.. They were all really nice guys and didn't have much ego..

Brian McFadden (the boy band dude who used to be with Delta) was a complete fuckwit though. Thought he was king shit.. He couldn't play poker for shit so it was fun taking his money..