Raelene Castle extends Contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Out of curiosity how is she supposed to win us a competition?
As it stands she is the CEO who puts the most money towards training facilities, training support staff etc.

We also have a board who need to approve all appointments of coaches and signings of players.
Would you guys rather she physically captained and coached the team? Should she be our new Halfback?

I guarantee you the CEO of Wesfarmers isn't hanging out in the IT department all day.

no but the CEO of Wesfarmer will be shitting his pants if the company doesnt continue make the profit for its share holders.

successful business = higher profits = happy share holders = prime objective.

same goes for a sporting club which equates to

winning premiership = more sponsors + more members = more money = prime objective.

quite simple really.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I guarantee you the CEO of Wesfarmers isn't hanging out in the IT department all day.
If the CEO of Wesfarmers said I'm just here to make Coles stores look pretty, I'm not looking after sales, staff or anything else he wouldn't last long. Whilst the CEO has people who look after things on their behalf they are ultimately responsible for the overall running of the business, they can't pick and choose what they want to be resposible for.

Sure the CEO doesn't go out and conduct training session but I don't understand how people think a CEO isn't ultimately responsible for the big picture.

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can somebody please post where Castle said she doesn't give a shit if the club wins games or not?

She has what she believes are the right people in place to ensure we do win games while she then focuses on areas she can actually contribute to. Is that not the role of a CEO? I'm starting to wonder what kind of experience or perceptions you guys have of the corporate world.

The Club booms off the field = more money gets spent on the field in TPA's, training equipment etc. -> leads to success on the field which then -> leads to the club booming further off the field.
These things dont exist in vacuums.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Can somebody please post where Castle said she doesn't give a shit if the club wins games or not?

She has what she believes are the right people in place to ensure we do win games while she then focuses on areas she can actually contribute to. Is that not the role of a CEO? I'm starting to wonder what kind of experience or perceptions you guys have of the corporate world.

The Club booms off the field = more money gets spent on the field in TPA's, training equipment etc. -> leads to success on the field which then -> leads to the club booming further off the field.
These things dont exist in vacuums.
Here is part of the recent article:

"I've just got some unfinished business at the Bulldogs, so ask me in a couple of years' time and I might have a different answer," she said.

That's not to winning a premiership, apparently, and Doyle reckons that's not his measure of success at the Warriors either. Funny, you'd think that was the sole purpose of every rugby league club.

"For us it's really about developing a meaningful community programme. The club have such a big voice that it can genuinely change people's lives," Castle said.

Literacy, numeracy, nutrition, all sorts. Rugby league folk are out there aiding schools and pushing positive message to a wide range of groups.

I also don't agree with your last sentence. No matter how much a club like Wests Tigers or St George "boom off the field" they will never have the level of TPA's a club like the Roosters or Broncos have (they have them due to their on field success).

In our case we have unlimited funds provided to us by the leagues club (the football club makes massive losses despite how much Castle has increased memberships and sponsors). We have every piece of state of the art equipment Des could want.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can you imagine our halves behind raelene

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
what are you on about dude??

what is the prime objective of a foot ball club???... you tell me?

and you are telling me the top most bloke/chick of a football club has got nothing to do to achieve the top most objective of that club then sorry mate, you are stupid.
No Dude, Top dog at the football club is the chairman of the board not the CEO.

The board has structured our club this way.

Football department answers directly to the board. This is well documented. Just because you choose to ignore this fact does not mean it isn't so.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You clearly haven't been a CEO or have known someone close in your family to be a CEO.
Being a CEO includes all fkn avenues with nrl this includes the fkn premiership any CEO that hasn't got the premiership as the main priority is going on about it on the wrong way. As I said winning the premiership helps the fkn business expand. If you're not winning premierships you won't be getting the best sponsors and third party's approaching players.
So a recap, winning a premiership is all part of the business plan.
NO, being a CEO means carry out your job as described in you position description. Most clubs are structured this way but ours isn't.

I have not been a CEO but I am the accounts manager at a medium sized firm which lives and dies on sales. Just because I am a senior manager does not mean I am allowed to tell the sales manager how he should be doing his job.

Whether you like it or not this is our club structure. If you don't like it I am sure Ray Dib would love to talk to you about a restructure

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
NO, being a CEO means carry out your job as described in you position description. Most clubs are structured this way but ours isn't.

I have not been a CEO but I am the accounts manager at a medium sized firm which lives and dies on sales. Just because I am a senior manager does not mean I am allowed to tell the sales manager how he should be doing his job.

Whether you like it or not this is our club structure. If you don't like it I am sure Ray Dib would love to talk to you about a restructure
Job description. Lol.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
no but the CEO of Wesfarmer will be shitting his pants if the company doesnt continue make the profit for its share holders.

successful business = higher profits = happy share holders = prime objective.

same goes for a sporting club which equates to

winning premiership = more sponsors + more members = more money = prime objective.

quite simple really.
Yes, but Wesfarmers may be structured that way and he has the power do that.

The Bulldogs are not structured that way. We have a different structure to Wesfarmers.

We also have a different corporate structure to clubs like the Eels, Tigers, Panthers, Bunnies or Broncos. Each of these clubs have there own seperate, unique corporate structure, JUST LIKE US.

The board has structured us this way. The Board runs the place and seperated the Football and Corporate departments. We ARE NOT Wesfarmers.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes, but Wesfarmers may be structured that way and he has the power do that.

The Bulldogs are not structured that way. We have a different structure to Wesfarmers.

We also have a different corporate structure to clubs like the Eels, Tigers, Panthers, Bunnies or Broncos. Each of these clubs have there own seperate, unique corporate structure, JUST LIKE US.

The board has structured us this way. The Board runs the place and seperated the Football and Corporate departments. We ARE NOT Wesfarmers.

so you are saying a CEO for our club is not an actual CEO by definition?

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
so you are saying a CEO for our club is not an actual CEO by definition?
I am sayng her job description is different to what some think it is. this has been well publicised many times.

Her job is corporate not football. the football department reports directly to the board and chairman

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Good on her I think she has done a great job and in proud to have the first Woman administrator that has been as successful as she has..

I am glad we are having these positive stories these day. It beats the old days stories.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
So many ppl with nfi lol. When a team goes badly, which we arent, they sack players and the coach. Ever heard of a ceo being sacked for on field performance? No? Thats coz on field performance has nothing to do with the ceo. You ppl are embarrassing yourselves with your ignorance.

Last edited:

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
So many ppl with nfi lol. When a team goes badly, which we arent, they sack players and the coach. Ever heard of a ceo being sacked for on field performance? No? Thats coz on field performance has nothing to do with the ceo. You ppl are emarrassing yourselves with your ignorance.
This. So much THIS. This is such a dumb post.

CEO is the leader of the pack and provides direction. All roads report to her.

marsh43

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apparently realist90 and Indiandog are some sort of super CEO know it alls and there answers are the final answers. Anything else anyone brings to the table is wrong because they are seasoned CEOs by the sounds of it.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This. So much THIS. This is such a dumb post.

CEO is the leader of the pack and provides direction. All roads report to her.
How kind of you to provide the perfect example of what Dognacious is talking about. He will be pleased.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
The only connection from Castle to the team at all is she is part of a board that vote to extend Des' stay or get rid of him. Thats as far as she is responsible. If we had bad form for long enough they may vote to get rid of Des, but i dont see it happening yet. Since he has been here we are in the finals every year, and 2 GFs, and are 7-4 this year so far, only 1 win from the top 4. So on paper Des hasnt failed, so her part of hiring him hasnt failed. Im happy to see how this season pans out before i lose hope that we can win a GF this year. If we do, people here will be jizzing over Des.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Seeing this in the news ruined my weekend. FFS, this club has gone to absolute shit.
I don't actually know what we stand for anymore.
Maybe its:
*Hanging our captain and players out to dry (Anzac Day debacle)
*Promising to win Premierships (2 by 2019 wasn't it) and failing miserably
*Admitting publically that 'winning isn't the priority'
*Extending the contract of a coach who is clearly out of ideas twice before he has won a chook raffle let alone a comp with us
*Blatantly ignoring the concerns of members and fans regards any of the above with bullshit answers like 'we apprecate the feedback'

I've got some feedback for you Raylene - do us all a favour and go home to New Zealand and running that POWERHOUSE sport called netball.
Fuck me....so disappointed. At this rate i'll be off this site and not watching the dogs until 2020 when the world returns to sanity.
You my friend have hit the nail on the head. You deserve a medal.

Status
Not open for further replies.