Radley Tackle

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Only just watched this... Everyone I've heard talk about it are defending him. Don't seem to remember James Graham being offered the same sympathy on black Friday

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Only just watched this... Everyone I've heard talk about it are defending him. Don't seem to remember James Graham being offered the same sympathy on black Friday
Graham didn't play for the Roosters, Storm, or Sea Eagles. I've seen worse than Thomson's hit this weekend, let go with just a penalty.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s a very dangerous play and should be disciplined accordingly. Kelly was fortunate to not end up with a broken leg.

Does anyone remember how many weeks Bupa got?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It’s a very dangerous play and should be disciplined accordingly. Kelly was fortunate to not end up with a broken leg.

I think 1

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yes you are correct, every one put the boot into James Graham but this is the Roosters you are talking about here.

The big ferocious hits are a thing of the past and rules have been put in place to combat them. No margin for error and the players must be mindful about that.
Play the game hard by all means but you need to understand you will be punished if they go wrong. Even the most innocuous hit on a kicker is being punished these days.

Coaches are supposed to support their players but it seems that in Robinson's eyes Radley does no wrong.....ask him his opinion though if the shoe is on the other foot and it is his player on the receiving end, bet that would be far different...Ironically this is the second time that Radley has been pinged for shots on Kelly. In the previous meeting with the Broncos he was done for contact to the head of Kelly amongst other charges where he was binned twice, put on report several times and copped a big ban.

Victor Radley is facing another lengthy stint on the sidelines just hours after Roosters coach Trent Robinson defended his actions for a tackle on Albert Kelly that led to him being hit with a grade two dangerous contact charge.
Radley is now looking at a three to four week suspension after he made contact with Kelly’s legs while he was attempting a late field goal in the Roosters 21-20 win over the Broncos.

“Rads was innocent with what he was trying to do and there was no injury to Albert,”Robinson said after the game

Incredibly, Radley was put on report four times, sin-binned twice and ultimately suspended for five games in the shock 34-16 loss to the Broncos in round 11 which also included a charge for a dangerous tackle on Kelly.

Robinson was not overly concerned about the implications of Radley’s charge down on Kelly when he spoke after the Roosters win on Friday night. He said the circumstances were totally different to the round 11 charges and that his tough lock forward had no intent to hurt Kelly in any way.

Kelly got up and finished the match.

“If someone thinks that is an emotional play I would be surprised,” Robinson said.

“That is a guy who is doing everything he can to charge down the ball. He wouldn’t have had any thought that would happen.

“I wouldn’t like to align the stuff that happened against Brisbane last time to this time. That is very different.

“He made him miss the field goal but got it slightly wrong. He’s disappointed about letting them back into the game, but that is not an emotional play that one.”

Radley’s charge has come at the worst time for the Roosters with their laundry list of injured stars and Origin forward Angus Crichton already out of action for another two weeks after being charged for a crusher tackle in the round 21 loss to Penrith.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

1 weeks for the hit and 3 for the ahem........mouthing off.......

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Radley’s charge has come at the worst time for the Roosters with their laundry list of injured stars and Origin forward Angus Crichton already out of action for another two weeks after being charged for a crusher tackle in the round 21 loss to Penrith.
[/QUOTE]

Does that mean they launder players, like crooks launder money?

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Does that mean they launder players, like crooks launder money?
[/QUOTE]
Lol did not actually read that as such at the time. One of those tricky things where the eye does not see the whole sentence.....Did not realise auto correct says long and laundry are interchangeable...or maybe the author was thinking about what he had to do when he went home...

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was bad and penalty worthy from Rads and only a couple of feet from a match winning play. For all his faults I'll keep him.

Look on the bright side, you guys will always have Elliot.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

1 game + 87 demerit points. He also got 3 weeks + 30 demerit points for dissent