Race to 20k members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
About 2010 methinks, although it's not entirely that way.

The upgrades at Belmore were solely for players & performance.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
About 2010 methinks, although it's not entirely that way.

The upgrades at Belmore were solely for players & performance.
yeah but i seriously doubt that if they get to 20,000 they will say "oh great we are at 20,000 lets just relax and sustain this for the next few years", i fear its going to be like the blob and get bigger and bigger, 30k, 40k, 50k, 150k until ill be the only one left ffs and ill have to flee to katoomba

btw the money the club makes from the tv deal, i guarantee that if you gave the club a choice between receiving a revenue source, they will play the games behind closed doors and lock the fans out and receive the $7.75m a year from the NRL, so i want my $1,000 foxtel subscription to be recognised ffs

from now on twitter say "merry christmas bulldogs members and general fans who watch on tv"

Dimitri

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
When the race to 20k first started we were well ahead. Now it is neck and neck? Also our membership hardly went up for a couple of days.

Either we have crappy fans who don't commit to memberships or we don't have a live membership tally (might be up to a week delayed)

Either way we should be able to bear a club with 2 wooden spoons in a row in membership. We should even be able to beat the premiers even though they will get a surge.

Last I checked we were only behind the broncos and souths in terms of members (dragons didnt have a membership counter) and were smashing tigers, sharks and GC.
i believe the answer is simple

from memory our membership renewal deadline was 30 Nov to keep seats.

I think Eels were at least a week later. Hence the catch up from Eels.

I reckon that would have been more pure chance than actual planning

Dimitri

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
who gets the dividends? or who will get the dividends?
there are no dividends because its not a shareholder buisiness

very few footy clubs make a profit, if they do they are reinvested into the business, eg gym, facilities etc id imagine

D

DoggyStylz

I issue a real challenge for parramatta eels. .... Find a parra fan with all their teeth still - Goodluck

Ndawai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I issue a real challenge for parramatta eels. .... Find a parra fan with all their teeth still - Goodluck
And a savings account with actual money in it or a term deposit.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
yeah but i seriously doubt that if they get to 20,000 they will say "oh great we are at 20,000 lets just relax and sustain this for the next few years", i fear its going to be like the blob and get bigger and bigger, 30k, 40k, 50k, 150k until ill be the only one left ffs and ill have to flee to katoomba

btw the money the club makes from the tv deal, i guarantee that if you gave the club a choice between receiving a revenue source, they will play the games behind closed doors and lock the fans out and receive the $7.75m a year from the NRL, so i want my $1,000 foxtel subscription to be recognised ffs

from now on twitter say "merry christmas bulldogs members and general fans who watch on tv"
No good reason not to be a member if you are a passionate supporter. Base memberships are like $50 and even someone on the dole can afford that once a year. And you get a members pack inc a cap back even on base memberships. So even if you dont attend a game, you get something for your money, and the feeling you are contributing to the club you love.

I pay a fox subscription (HD + sport pack), and i am a member of the Bulldogs club.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
No good reason not to be a member if you are a passionate supporter. Base memberships are like $50 and even someone on the dole can afford that once a year. And you get a members pack inc a cap back even on base memberships. So even if you dont attend a game, you get something for your money, and the feeling you are contributing to the club you love.

I pay a fox subscription (HD + sport pack), and i am a member of the Bulldogs club.
but like i said i already have the feeling that im contributing to the club and i already have all the bulldogs gear that i want, and im not even on the dole ffs, is that reason enough for you?

Dimitri

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
but like i said i already have the feeling that im contributing to the club and i already have all the bulldogs gear that i want, and im not even on the dole ffs, is that reason enough for you?
But if you were a member, you'd get 15% off all the gear you want.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
But if you were a member, you'd get 15% off all the gear you want.
but then id feel that i gave 15% less contribution to the club ffs and i wouldnt be able to sleep at night

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Its a secret message, somebody decipher it. It may be trying to tell us who our new fullback is.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Is parra winning the race at the moment?

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Sadly I expect parra to win this.

Status
Not open for further replies.