R3 - Bulldogs vs Panthers - Team List & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He's faster, has a better passing game, has a better running game, so no he's not like Perret. With experience, he's going to learn when he needs to chime in in attack, both backline movements and offloads.

So no, he's nothing like Perret. He's got the potential to be an extremely good fullback for us, the "rockstar" full back we've been waiting for
Don’t rely to wolfmother the poster is a troll (or an idiot)

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
There's lot of photos of Tualau from the captains run online...hopefully get gets a spot in the 17 and performs so he holds it.
I noticed Francis hasn't been named in the ISP squad - which I am hoping means he is likely to be in first grade.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Olive and To'omaga drop out of the side.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
BYE BYE FRAWKEY!!!!! HAHAAHAHA YES!

Now for JMK to fail under pressure which is upsetting and then Nu brown rocks and diamonds and then Lewis should get his shot and then we start winning.
Lewis is still very raw mate. I’m sure the coaching staff know more than us regarding capabilities and nurturing.
I’m not sold on Lewis YET. He’s also been named in the centers for this week not in the halves.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think Fine or Brown might make way for Tualau

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
This could seriously be a bloodbath. If they get on a roll like they did at times last week then we're gonna be cannon fodder. Hope I'm wrong though

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This could seriously be a bloodbath. If they get on a roll like they did at times last week then we're gonna be cannon fodder. Hope I'm wrong though
Hopefully our defence improves dramatically, otherwise i see even more potential for big changes to the FG squad after this round IF we lose.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lewis is still very raw mate. I’m sure the coaching staff know more than us regarding capabilities and nurturing.
I’m not sold on Lewis YET. He’s also been named in the centers for this week not in the halves.
Lewis is raw, he may not be the answer for the dogs this yr in regards to helping us win a premiership, a premiership we have no chance of winning actually. I'm thinking about the future and considering we are rebuilding, we should start throwing in the young prospects with the most potential ensuring we fast track careers, it can only bring our premiership windows closer. The Kid can play no doubt, few adjustments and he will be in the NRL one day so why not get him ready as soon as possible.

And his only in the centre's because Frawkey got dropped and at this stage Frawkey is a better HB but if anything it only displays his versatility and ability as a footballer to play in the backline.

Truthfully I can see the kid become a rangy 6 like Anasta or if he gets some size into him maybe a Travis Norton style lock, I hope.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Who are the officials for the game?
Gavin Reynolds and Adam Gee are the two refs; Sleeman and Sharpe the assistants and Chiddy and Norrie video refs...

Won't be there tomorrow mate as I am working and don't finish til 2-30 meaning not in Sydney until kick off if all goes well and while the Easter show is on no hope of parking at Homebush so would have to train it from Lidcombe....Stupid time of a Friday to have a game, if it had of been at 8 probably would be there. Give em heaps....

yearofthedog

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
I got a bet with my mate that’s a panthers fan. Who ever loses has to get the other teams logo tattooed (we both have a fair few tats already). Fuck I hope we win

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Going to have to disagree with some of your points. Brown, like Lichaa, gives bad service Fromm dummy half but has a strong running game. Bronson Garlick gives better service and when he comes on in NSW Cup the forwards get a much better roll on as he looks like a natural hooker.

Brown will be another JMK off the bench, which I don’t see the need for. Let Lichaa play 80, he should have the fitness for it. We need size on the bench, another prop on that bench would give us more impact, not a utility.
I have never seen Garlick play so can't comment on him. Great news if we have another good option there. What about Woodford?

Pay has stated several times he want more ball transition. And after watching the Storm tonight I can see why. Smith hangs in the middle and when they transition from edge to edge he plays as a link between Croft and Munster. Even the Cowboys did it well but a bit different. Either way to execute the passes need to be fast and accurate. Leicha can't even offer a poor mans version of this.

Leicha's passing absolutely disrupts our forward roll and ball transition, it obvious. Passing is primary and running is secondary for a 9. For me he has shown no improvement on last year. If Pay is serious about competition for places Brown or JMK starting at 9 has to be on the radar.

Status
Not open for further replies.