R1 - Bulldogs Vs Storm - Team List & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Should be a walkover if we get the basics right.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Just a heads up NSW Cup is on fox sports at 2:30 on Saturday. They play Wests who have plenty of NRL players so should be a good game.
Thanks for posting.
I will watch with my dad a long time dogs fan.
I look after him on the weekends
Out side of Frawley is a pretty strong line up. Our bench is a little small but all 3 forwards have proven they can handle them self in the middle, defensively at least. Will be interesting to see how Pay rotates the starting pack and hooker?

Melbourne are there for the taking, not Slater, young halves pairing...

Think we will be up for it.
Agree.
Looking at the Melbourne squad, looks very beatable.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Would love it if that happened but I think his space in the salary cap will save him a few rnds
His percentage of the cap doesn’t make a difference whether or not he will be picked... doesn’t make a difference..

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
JMK is more likely to take over from Frawley, not Lichaa.
You reckon? I would have thought he might want to give Lichaa a break to keep him sharper around the ruck. I would've thought he would only replace Frawley if there was a major stuff up or he got hurt. Wouldn't do Frawley's confidence any good waiting for the axe the fall all game.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You reckon? I would have thought he might want to give Lichaa a break to keep him sharper around the ruck. I would've thought he would only replace Frawley if there was a major stuff up or he got hurt. Wouldn't do Frawley's confidence any good waiting for the axe the fall all game.
Maybe both at different times. I'm looking forward to seeing how Frawley goes. Pay must see something and he hasn't had an off season with a great half like Foran before. The first few games are make or break for him for the season with JMK in the wings.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Maybe both at different times. I'm looking forward to seeing how Frawley goes. Pay must see something and he hasn't had an off season with a great half like Foran before. The first few games are make or break for him for the season with JMK in the wings.
Frawley is rubbish. Our ISP side improved when Lewis replaced him. Defensively he is also poor. I will be extremely suprised if he is anything more than dead average for us.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pity Slater is out, who am i going to yell at and call a **** now...

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They're the 2 weakest ball running forwards in the side and i would hardly call them mobile compared to the more mobile forwards in the game.
Plus they couldn’t run 40 metres if their life depended on it

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Elliot has to be on the bench. No if or buts about it. Its not that I rate him but his the only one that can play edge or middle.
Bs
Lachie burr can
Renouf Tuamaga can
Asipeli Fine can
Rhys Martin can

Elliot will be gone as soon as priest is back
I can assure your

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
L
I take it back. I missed that Eastwood was playing off the bench as well. He will give us punch. Tols will supply the clean up and Elliott will no doubt replace RFM on the left edge. With JMK taking over from Lichaa around the 25 min mark we should be able to keep momentum going.
Lichaa will play more than the first 25 mins barring inj

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
My key observations;

- Our bench is seriously lacking punch. Can't help but think a Tualua or Toomaga should be amongst the bench for that reason. We really need Eastwood to fire.
- Our #1 and #7 are serious concerns. Not convinced either of them will see out the season in their respective positions.
- Great to see JMK rewarded for his trial form. If Des was coach, Nu Brown would've had the utility spot locked up in October last year.
- I love Danny F promotion to starting lock. Was probably our most consistent performer last year and got nowhere near the plaudits he deserved because he was on a well beaten team. Pay noticed, and credit to him for that.

N

Natboy

NSW Cup

CANTERBURY-BANKSTOWN: 1 Josh Bergamin 2 Tom Carr 3 John Olive 4 Jarred Anderson 5 Reimis Smith 6 Josh Cleeland 7 Lachlan Lewis 8 Renouf To'omaga 9 Fa’amanu Brown 10 Francis Tualau 11 Rhyse Martin ( c ) 12 Jayden Okunbor 13 Ofahiki Ogden Interchange 14 Mason Cerruto 15 Lachlan Burr 16 Jack Nelson 17 Bronson Garlick 19 D’Rhys Miller 20 Falakiko Manu 21 Joel Luani

Jersey Flegg (under 20s)

CANTERBURY-BANKSTOWN: 1 Blake Clayton 2 Frank Kuresa 3 Kyle Cassel 4 Morgan Harper 5 Tui Katoa 6 Nikau Williams 7 Brandon Wakeham 8 Kayne Kalache 9 Reuben Taylor 10 Giordan Patea 11 Dalton Smith 12 Jacob Winterstein 13 Samuel Radovu Interchange 14 Corey Matthews 15 Elie El-Zackem 16 Sua Aiiloilo 17 Javvier Pitovao 19 Daniel Sakisi
Thanks mate. The NSW cup team looks good!
Is the Kalache kid in the second list a tow truck driver?

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
All I know at this point is I don't have that sinking feeling I felt leading up to game day I had late last season (and the year before that for that matter)

From what ive heard ( not personally, here and media ) I trust that Pay is doing his best. New coach can only mean new game plan.

Teams not perfect and that's ok.

Bring on Saturday, go the doggies.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well i'm not. Elliott to an extent, Tolman definitely not.
Its still Better than having big dopey props who last 10min, cant defend more than one set and get back in line after a break like his carryig the whole stadium behind him.

I think having these guys on the bench may work out better than plenty think.. Tolman can slot into lock or prop, elliot on the edge or lock and eastwood can do all three. Very versatile considering we will also carry a utility.

Status
Not open for further replies.