Reaction score
The way i see it

We should have had Eastwood start at lock

Then Reserves as follows

Tualau
Fualalo
Tolman
JMK

Eastwood should start and use Fualalo to come on as impact, and have Tualau and Tolman rotate for Props. I think Pay went with Elliot on bench over Tualau only because RFM is an unknown quantity at start of the year and if RFM struggles he can throw Elliott there.

Brycycles94

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Fuck I hope des gets a role head coaching so he can reel Tolman in by the Wang. And then we can give the youngens a go!.

Sherlock Holmes

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I wouldn't plan to play any of our middle forwards for more than a 30 minute spell unless in game circumstances require it like an injury or tactical call.

If i was in charge i would have Woods, Klemmer and Fualolo all to come off at some stage during the 20-30 minute mark with all 3 bench forwards playing the middle 3rd of the game. Ideally i'd have the 3 bench forwards playing between 10-20 minutes either side of half time.

All players should be able to maintain high intensity and contribute in both defence and attack with the game basically split up into 3 blocks. We start hard with our best forwards, benchies maintain momentum and theb oir guns come back on fresh to close out the game.
As i said Woods , Klemmer to play at least 25mins to 30mins each half depending on the situation of the game.

I don't think you have to take them all off the field at the same time meaning woods could go 30mins and klemmer 25mins or vice versa each half bringing in Eastwood or Tolman to play 10mins or so each half with 1 of the starting front rowers

Don't get me wrong i think Tualau should consider himself unlucky not to be in the team and I'm also a massive fan of him too but what that means is there's massive pressure on the bench forwards to perform or get dropped !

So lets see who steps up and who doesn't but either way im sure Pay has thought long and hard about this before picking the team.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pretty good team actually,i think jmk is insurance for frawley,ive been saying for 12 months and getting bagged that tolman will be a great fit off the bench ,perfect to just tackle after the impact of klem/woods,i dont rate elliot and would much rather francis t

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Elliot will shock alot of people this year.

Tualau will be in the 17 next year when ue replaces eastwood. He is first back up re injuries and will over during origin

timetopisshasleroff

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It must feel good for the boys who have in the off season impressed and actually been rewarded.
Nu Brown must be on the nose, if he was training well you would have thought him to be our starting six.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
As i said Woods , Klemmer to play at least 25mins to 30mins each half depending on the situation of the game.

I don't think you have to take them all off the field at the same time meaning woods could go 30mins and klemmer 25mins or vice versa each half bringing in Eastwood or Tolman to play 10mins or so each half with 1 of the starting front rowers

Don't get me wrong i think Tualau should consider himself unlucky not to be in the team and I'm also a massive fan of him too but what that means is there's massive pressure on the bench forwards to perform or get dropped !

So lets see who steps up and who doesn't but either way im sure Pay has thought long and hard about this before picking the team.
Yh i'm not saying we make the changes all at the same time, just during a certain period. I still don't like both Elliott and Tolman on the bench together...well not unless Tolman has bulked up and brings some power into his game. He has the work ethic and defensive vision to be a great player, just lacks the physical attributes or the footwork and pace for a forward his size.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pretty good team actually,i think jmk is insurance for frawley,ive been saying for 12 months and getting bagged that tolman will be a great fit off the bench ,perfect to just tackle after the impact of klem/woods,i dont rate elliot and would much rather francis t
Yeah I think King is next in line as a half if Frawley turns to shit

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Elliot has to be on the bench. No if or buts about it. Its not that I rate him but his the only one that can play edge or middle.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Elliot has to be on the bench. No if or buts about it. Its not that I rate him but his the only one that can play edge or middle.
RFM is gun but can he play 80 mins is the question. Elliot is insurance incase we get an injury to our egde forwards or RFM cant last the 80.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In my opinion based on our roster its the best possible side Pay could have picked. Including our bench and Frawley at 5/8.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Ogden has previously played on an edge, dunno if he has since joining us though. But yh we definitely need Elliott for his versatility.

Sherlock Holmes

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
RFM is gun but can he play 80 mins is the question. Elliot is insurance incase we get an injury to our egde forwards or RFM cant last the 80.
I think the team for Rd.1 has a good balance to it , i guess we'll find out over the coming weeks

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
NSW Cup

CANTERBURY-BANKSTOWN: 1 Josh Bergamin 2 Tom Carr 3 John Olive 4 Jarred Anderson 5 Reimis Smith 6 Josh Cleeland 7 Lachlan Lewis 8 Renouf To'omaga 9 Fa’amanu Brown 10 Francis Tualau 11 Rhyse Martin ( c ) 12 Jayden Okunbor 13 Ofahiki Ogden Interchange 14 Mason Cerruto 15 Lachlan Burr 16 Jack Nelson 17 Bronson Garlick 19 D’Rhys Miller 20 Falakiko Manu 21 Joel Luani

Jersey Flegg (under 20s)

CANTERBURY-BANKSTOWN: 1 Blake Clayton 2 Frank Kuresa 3 Kyle Cassel 4 Morgan Harper 5 Tui Katoa 6 Nikau Williams 7 Brandon Wakeham 8 Kayne Kalache 9 Reuben Taylor 10 Giordan Patea 11 Dalton Smith 12 Jacob Winterstein 13 Samuel Radovu Interchange 14 Corey Matthews 15 Elie El-Zackem 16 Sua Aiiloilo 17 Javvier Pitovao 19 Daniel Sakisi
I almost prefer our ISP forward pack. Lol

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Can't wait!!
Of course the team has a few questions to be answered-
Mybe @ fullback.
Frawley??
Elliott's holding onto the ball!!!
Eastwood, is he back to top form?
Just to name a few.
But man I like the look of that 17.
Go you doggies.

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
well not unless Tolman has bulked up and brings some power into his game. He has the work ethic and defensive vision to be a great player, just lacks the physical attributes or the footwork and pace for a forward his size.
I think that’s the best we can hope for. Tolman has always been one of the best trainers in the team according to players and coach. Hopefully at the start of the season Pay and the conditioning guys sat him down and set out a new training plan. Des was using him for roughly 60 minutes a game, obviously impact had to be given up for minutes.

Pace wise when chasing down breaks Tolman has shown some legs and his acceleration isn’t bad. I’d be worried if Pay didn’t bulk him up with the plan for him to play half as many minutes with a halftime break.

Status
Not open for further replies.