R1 - Bulldogs Vs Storm - Team List & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Can’t get over how small our bench is. Tolman and Elliot over people like Ogden, Tualau and to’omaga. Bewildering.

Sherlock Holmes

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm happy with the side , i think Tolman will improve under Pay and brings plenty of experience.
Eastwood looks to have found his mojo again playing in the middle of the field where he belongs
And Elliot brings Attitude and Aggression from the bench which could spark the team if we are in a bit of a slump

Overall i think it's a good start for rd.1 and now it's up to the players to prove they deserve there spot in the team as Pay has already showed nobody is guaranteed a spot by picking JMK over Nu Brown which im super excited about !!

Last edited:

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm happy with the starting line-up.
The bench I am not so excited about but it will sort itself out over time, no player should feel too comfortable.
Tualau especially must have been as close as a hair on Tolmans nutsuck.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
NSW Cup

CANTERBURY-BANKSTOWN: 1 Josh Bergamin 2 Tom Carr 3 John Olive 4 Jarred Anderson 5 Reimis Smith 6 Josh Cleeland 7 Lachlan Lewis 8 Renouf To'omaga 9 Fa’amanu Brown 10 Francis Tualau 11 Rhyse Martin ( c ) 12 Jayden Okunbor 13 Ofahiki Ogden Interchange 14 Mason Cerruto 15 Lachlan Burr 16 Jack Nelson 17 Bronson Garlick 19 D’Rhys Miller 20 Falakiko Manu 21 Joel Luani

Jersey Flegg (under 20s)

CANTERBURY-BANKSTOWN: 1 Blake Clayton 2 Frank Kuresa 3 Kyle Cassel 4 Morgan Harper 5 Tui Katoa 6 Nikau Williams 7 Brandon Wakeham 8 Kayne Kalache 9 Reuben Taylor 10 Giordan Patea 11 Dalton Smith 12 Jacob Winterstein 13 Samuel Radovu Interchange 14 Corey Matthews 15 Elie El-Zackem 16 Sua Aiiloilo 17 Javvier Pitovao 19 Daniel Sakisi
Lewis 7 Brown 9. Interesting.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Tualau can feel hard done by
He impressed in the trials

Matter of when not if he cements a regular gig in first grade

Tolman offers zero impact so I will be interested to see how Pay uses him

Eastwood I’m comfortable with and MK will go good

Elliott is hit and miss. He brings a bit of energy but fk I hope he can hold the pill now

Sherlock Holmes

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Don't forget Klemmer and Woods can easily play 60mins a game ! Which is most likely to happen most games.....

Our starting forward pack is awesome !!

They will provide plenty of metres and quick play the balls for our backs

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
Looks like we’re going all in for the first 20 mins of the game and then try and hold steady for the next 20 until the starting forwards come back.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Don't forget Klemmer and Woods can easily play 60mins a game ! Which is most likely to happen most games.....

We shouldn't need them to play 60+ each week though, that's poor use of the bench. We need to maintain momentum and intensity all game and a good rotation is how you do that.

Sherlock Holmes

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We shouldn't need them to play 60+ each week though, that's poor use of the bench. We need to maintain momentum and intensity all game and a good rotation is how you do that.
How many minutes do you think woods and klemmer will play each half ?
I reckon at least 25mins to 30mins depending on how much defense we have had to do

Then how.many minutes do you think
Eastwood , Tolman and Elliot get ?

In my opinion i reckon 20min to 30mins overall at different stages of the game

Sherlock Holmes

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Let's be honest Tolman does do a lot of the small things and important things that teams need in a game.

There's no point in maintaining momentum with big metre eaters if when it comes to defending the line and we let simple tries in through the middle , which we all have to admit Tolman is great when it comes to defending and making cover tackles etc.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Exactly. Why is everyone so focused on the bench. Our starting pack is awesome. They will play the most of the mins. Bench isnt as important as people make it to be. The bench plays limited mins anyway.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like we’re going all in for the first 20 mins of the game and then try and hold steady for the next 20 until the starting forwards come back.
Just like most teams in the comp.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I see the biggest problem as some of the forwards are not renowned for their stamina.
They must be used in short sharp bursts. Rotation is the key to any success we might have.
Overall I think its a good side. But I guess the atychiphobics on here would not agree.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
How many minutes do you think woods and klemmer will play each half ?
I reckon at least 25mins to 30mins depending on how much defense we have had to do

Then how.many minutes do you think
Eastwood , Tolman and Elliot get ?

In my opinion i reckon 20min to 30mins overall at different stages of the game
I wouldn't plan to play any of our middle forwards for more than a 30 minute spell unless in game circumstances require it like an injury or tactical call.

If i was in charge i would have Woods, Klemmer and Fualolo all to come off at some stage during the 20-30 minute mark with all 3 bench forwards playing the middle 3rd of the game. Ideally i'd have the 3 bench forwards playing between 10-20 minutes either side of half time.

All players should be able to maintain high intensity and contribute in both defence and attack with the game basically split up into 3 blocks. We start hard with our best forwards, benchies maintain momentum and theb oir guns come back on fresh to close out the game.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Quite mobile considering the game is going that way..
They're the 2 weakest ball running forwards in the side and i would hardly call them mobile compared to the more mobile forwards in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.