Questioning management and structure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have to be honest and say that I both doubted Des Hasler's ability to coach and thought that there was a dispute in the club that was affecting our performances on the field. But after the win against the Storm its "Hey Des, that was a great effort from the boys. Keep it going against Manly eh". So now Des is just wonderful.

But Noel Cleal...? Our NSW Cup and Holden Cup sides can't beat time with a stick and have no hope of improvement. That is a huge indicator that the recruitment and retention part of the football club is belly up and dead in the water. So for Crusher, IMO its a case of there's your bag, there's the door. Do you want me to call you a cab?

ek999

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
FMD some people on here are idiots. Have people ever stopped to think why we struggled in NSW Cup and U20's this year. Have a look at the ages of the players that were playing in NSW Cup and you will notice there was quite a few that could still have been playing in U20's but instead they have been promoted to a better standard of football against more experienced players which will benefit their careers in the long-run. It does have the effect of weakening us in both comps but really does that matter? Sure we could have done what we did before Des came along and stack our NSW Cup side with fringe first graders and pat ourselves on the back for having such amazing depth and winning lower grade comps but I would much rather have the best possible future first graders playing.

And it isn't only us that is doing it, look at the Warriors drop in U20's. From 2010 to 2013 they had 2 premierships, a minor premiership and a grand final loss but the majority of those players have struggled making the transition to first grade. This year they pulled their best young talent into the NSW Cup team forcing them to play kids as young as 16 in U20s at some stages during the year. Penrith have been doing the same, they won the comp last year but couldn't make the 8 this year. In fact only 3 teams that made the 8 in first grade have a team in the finals in U20s (Broncos, Roosters and Souths). In NSW Cup only Penrith had their team in the 8 with the bottom 4 being made up of Manly, Souths, Roosters and us

Last edited by a moderator:

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
FMD some people on here are idiots. Have people ever stopped to think why we struggled in NSW Cup and U20's this year. Have a look at the ages of the players that were playing in NSW Cup and you will notice there was quite a fwe that could still have been playing in U20's but instead they have been promoted to a better standard of football against more experienced players which will benefit their careers in the long-run. It does have the effect of weaking us in both comps but really does that matter? Sure we could have done what we did before Des came along and stack our NSW Cup side with fringe first graders and pat ourselves on the back for having such amazing depth and winning lower grade comps but I would much rather have the best possible future first graders playing.

And it isn't only us that is doing it, look at the Warriors drop in U20's. From 2010 to 2013 they had 2 premierships, a minor premiership and a grand final loss but the majority of those players have struggled making the transition to first grade. This year they pulled their best young talent into the NSW Cup team forcing them to play kids as young as 16 in U20s at some stages during the year. Penrith have been doing the same, they won the comp last year but couldn't make the 8 this year. In fact only 3 teams that made the 8 in first grade have a team in the finals in U20s (Broncos, Roosters and Souths). In NSW Cup only Penrith had their team in the 8 with the bottom 4 being made up of Manly, Souths, Roosters and us
Spot on..

Also, the year Manly won the comp, their NSW Cup and NYC teams both finished last..

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I question management in letting Barba go to begin with, it would've been much better to just let him rot in NSW Cup and have him train with just those players and slowly destroy his career. We got absolutely nothing out of letting him go, our management has been pissweak in terms of dealing with contracted players barring SBW (He just got up and left and we actually got paid for that). Hannant and Mason come to mind, with the latter coming back to haunt us in the following year by absolutely crushing us in that rd4 encounter. Of course should we snare a superstar fullback like Hayne or Inglis for the following season then i'd gladly eat my words.

ek999

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I question management in letting Barba go to begin with, it would've been much better to just let him rot in NSW Cup and have him train with just those players and slowly destroy his career. We got absolutely nothing out of letting him go, our management has been pissweak in terms of dealing with contracted players barring SBW (He just got up and left and we actually got paid for that). Hannant and Mason come to mind, with the latter coming back to haunt us in the following year by absolutely crushing us in that rd4 encounter. Of course should we snare a superstar fullback like Hayne or Inglis for the following season then i'd gladly eat my words.
We got rid of Barba who caused all the issues with team harmony this year. The difference in attitude and morale between this year and last year is remarkable. We would also be operating on a reduced salary cap, a 24 man squad, have 2nd tier salary cap issues, pissed off players. We had zero bargaining power with the Broncos and they knew it.

Simple question, if Barba was here this year do you think we would have had as good a season? My answer to that is no, so in my mind we made the right decision

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We got rid of Barba who caused all the issues with team harmony this year. The difference in attitude and morale between this year and last year is remarkable. We would also be operating on a reduced salary cap, a 24 man squad, have 2nd tier salary cap issues, pissed off players. We had zero bargaining power with the Broncos and they knew it.

Simple question, if Barba was here this year do you think we would have had as good a season? My answer to that is no, so in my mind we made the right decision
Plus on top of that… do we really want to support something that deliberately attempts to ruin a young man, however flawed he is, life?

We got his money off our cap. We made the move that was best for us and it also was best for him. Good riddance definitely. But asides from when he lines up against us I wish Barba the best.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Plus on top of that… do we really want to support something that deliberately attempts to ruin a young man, however flawed he is, life?

We got his money off our cap. We made the move that was best for us and it also was best for him. Good riddance definitely. But asides from when he lines up against us I wish Barba the best.
I agree. We are not the sort of club that goes out of their way to destroy someone's career.

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But Noel Cleal...? Our NSW Cup and Holden Cup sides can't beat time with a stick and have no hope of improvement. That is a huge indicator that the recruitment and retention part of the football club is belly up and dead in the water. So for Crusher, IMO its a case of there's your bag, there's the door. Do you want me to call you a cab?
Yeah cause NSW Cup and U20s premierships is what we are after. Face-palm.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yeah cause NSW Cup and U20s premierships is what we are after. Face-palm.
Sigh. Where do u think FG players come from? Does a stork drop them off at the club?
Double facepalm

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sigh. Where do u think FG players come from? Does a stork drop them off at the club?
Double facepalm
So you need to win a reserve grade comp to make first graders? All a good reserve grade team means is that you have the best 2nd rate players in the comp. How many first grade premierships have the Warriors won? Good thing they have the best Under 20s hey.

Triple face-palm.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
LOL we have promoted Kas,klemmer,finucane,jackson,reynolds,lafai and lloyd perret who have all become regular first graders along with mbye getting afew runs and knocking on the door for a first grade spot and people are surprised that our 20s and nsw cup have turned to shit? Who cares.

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL we have promoted Kas,klemmer,finucane,jackson,reynolds,lafai and lloyd perret who have all become regular first graders along with mbye getting afew runs and knocking on the door for a first grade spot and people are surprised that our 20s and nsw cup have turned to shit? Who cares.
Exactly. The top NSW Cup teams are just the ones with more 2nd-rate players.

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Made this thread long time ago, im glad to see nothing has changed since..
By nothing do you mean the fact that you continue to pour shit on the club and only ever seem to make negative comments?

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
By nothing do you mean the fact that you continue to pour shit on the club and only ever seem to make negative comments?
I only pour shit on players that have no pride in the club yes. And if you want me to turn a blind eye and say everything's going well that's not gunna happen. When they play with some pride I'll have nothing but respect for them, till then they can get stuffed

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Let's face it we're a run of the mill club with a weak roster and reactive management.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Let's face it we're a run of the mill club with a weak roster and reactive management.
Sometimes I wish I didn't care so much about this bloody club, I'd sleep better at night I'll tell you that much

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I remember reading your thread last year and I totally agreed even though I never replied but still things haven't changed and it doesn't look like it will..

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Thought I'll bump up this thread from a few years back now. I was getting blasted back then for questioning Hasler by most people.

Reactions: GDR

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Noel cleal will ride on the coat tails of the success of daly cherry evan for another decade.
he is a niff nuff
john ackland and mullholland are pros
@finchie you called for Ackland back then. Wish that had happen mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.